“Absolutely splendid”

Ranked #55 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Oslo, Norway
“Absolutely splendid”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel - and its amazing staff - gave us the most extraordinary holiday in years. The hotel premises are superb, giving you the opportunity to choose between an attractive infinity pool and the beach/ocean directly upon the hotel premises. A sea view room is advisable. What really makes the difference though are the staff, among the most service-minded and friendly we have ever met. Simply amazing, and it was a really sad moment for us leaving this pearl of a hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Geir S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I love this hotel so much that I cannot wait for the next until we return to renew our vows. The staff are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, they are so friendly and extremely polite and helpful. They are very pro-active, for example, they will remember you and bring what you want before you even ask (e.g. we were checking out the next day but our flight was not until 9 pm, but they said we could use the facilities all day, and even before we could think of it, asked if they could book us a shower room an hour before our departure. the next day, the allowed us into an unused SUITE to get ready for our flight!). They arranged a photographer for a honeymoon photo shoot (very reasonable price - $200US with 12 prints and all images on CD) and even arranged scooter rental for us ($7US a day + petrol) (better to go with the hotel's choice so you're not getting ripped off). The spa therapists are also EXCELLENT. I did about 10 hours of massages the whole 9 days we were there, they remember you, how you like your massage, which oil you prefer, and even were willing to crack my neck because I was having issues during my trip (chiropractor style, which was a part of the Thai massage although I chose the Balinese massage). Ayu, Ayu, and Ari are highly trained masseuses, very polite, and just lovely women. The spa's ginger tea is a MUST try (you can even get the recipe from them!). We got super burnt from the scorching sun and free of charge, we were able to get aloe from the spa all day. The bath/body products in the suite are also all natural (soaps, face/hand/body creams, moisturizing spray, even the bug spray!), and the way things were set up (eg candles by the bathtub, salt scrub, loofa, an incense burner) made the stay so special. Anantara did not leave out one detail. The rooms were huge, loved the balcony jacuzzi, loved the room service 2X a day (clean up and turn down where they would refresh your towels again and leave a little note and a chocolate/ local dessert on your bed). They even give you a parting gift the day before your departure. OH! And the restaurant is SOOO GOOD!! Breakfast was included for us and you MUST try the apple cinnamon caramel french toast (they were willing to put it on brown toast for me. they're willing to customize ANYTHING, which i LOVED). Their all-day dining/poolside menus were also YUM! I can go on and on!!! There were several families with young babies during our stay, a few older kids, a wedding, some senior folk, and couples. This is not a rowdy/party resort, but PURE luxury and relaxation. Im heading to Anantara Bangkok in a month! I hope the experience is similar :)

Room Tip: most of the rooms are ocean view, but if you have a baby/ young kids who sleep early, it might be be...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andang83
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I don't normally write reviews about places that I have stayed but I couldn't possibly not about the Anantara. It is perfection.

We are on the last night of our 2 week honeymoon and I literally could not have wished for any more.

The staff are INCREDIBLE. They are the cutest people known to man. The staff that you end up dealing with on a day to day basis all address you by first name, they take a genuine interest about how you are, how your day has been, and what you've been up to.

The food is scrumptious. I found myself looking forward to breakfast before I had even eaten my evening meal elsewhere.

We ate our evening meal in the hotel on a couple of occasions and the food and service was perfect! In previous reviews I found that people were saying that the hotel prices were expensive. I did not find this to be the case. I would describe them on more of a par as the prices you would expect to pay in England. Granted if you go to some of the more local places then the prices are cheaper. However, the quality isn't as good. You get what you pay for.

I have never seen anybody work as hard and long hours as the pool guys, they are an absolute credit to the hotel, as are the breakfast and the concierge staff.

Nothing was too much trouble. They helped us confirm bookings we had made for ourselves to go on day trips despite not having booked them through the hotel. They also gave us a slightly later check out than usual as we are not flying until later in the evening.

Because it was our honeymoon when we arrived there was a little 'happy honeymoon' cake for us in our room. Then the hotel also offered us a 90minute complimentary couples massage that was the best massage I have ever had. The staff made you feel 100% comfortable and you were able to truly relax for the whole time. There was no pressure to book more treatments off the back of this. Although, if I had enough spare money I definitely would have had another.

They also gave us a departing personalised honeymoon gift that was well made, and had both of our names inscribed onto it. A completely unexpected, but very cherished gift!!!

The SOS bar is very romantic and incredibly chilled. Playing decent chill out tunes to match.

In previous posts I also read that people thought the rooms were a little dated. I totally disagree. It was a beautiful room, HUGGGGEEE, with a very large shower and bath, and very large and comfortable bed.

I accidentally broke a small mirror while I was here. I was mortified about it so wrote a little letter saying sorry and that if they could add on the cost to my bill and just let me know how much this would be, only to be told that they would not be charging me for the damage as a valued guest at the hotel.

Every single touch is taken care of here. I truly couldn't have wished to stay in a better hotel, it has made our honeymoon absolutely unforgettable and if we get the chance we absolutely will.

You could choose a more perfect hotel.

Unforgettable holiday!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is an intimate beachfront hotel and was worth it in every way. The rooms are large and very comfortable. I was upgraded to a suite and the small touches made it evident that the management genuinely cares about the comfort of their guests. Just as an example there was a welcome cookie with a personal note from the GM. The breakfast was the best i have had as apart from the buffet they also include a few cooked to order ala carte items (not your usual egg station).
The thing that made this hotel stand out was the staff and the service. Ever smiling, ever helpful, it felt like they really enjoyed what they were doing and their only objective was to take care of their guests. All in all a wonderful stay and i would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Athing
Campbelltown, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel offers nothing but the best!!! This is truly one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in to date. You wouldn't expect anything less with the Anantara chain. It's right on the beach, and well worth the extra money we paid to stay here. Bali's luxury at its best .The service and staff are outstanding (always going above and beyond and very very welcoming). The rooms really huge and beautiful, with all the added extras. We were delighted to find some little surprises (such as cookies, soaps) on our bed after it being made up most days. Our room had a view of the beach, the location could not be beaten. We loved the fact that we had our own direct access to the pool outside our room as well! At night to the left of the hotel along the beach there are little restaurants/bars with bean bags to sit on on the sand and cheap cocktails. Really great location for young travellers and couples. The Anantara's own bar and restaurant upstairs was also awesome. The food was amazing!!! We began many nights there having a few drinks before going out on the town.. The continental breakfast provides everything you would want and more. I'm sure if there was something you wanted that wasn't there one of the staff would go out of their way to get it for you. I also visited the Spa and I was not disappointed. Pretty sure I drooled everywhere during my massage. After 3 trips to Bali I can honestly say if you're looking for the best hotel in Bali the the Anantara Seminyak is unbeatable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kirsty S
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed September 12, 2013

So Anantara...!!! If you know this hotel group... No need any explanation... Everything of a high quality.. As you may expect from Anantara... So from me no waist of time writing about comfy beds, good service etc etc... Can promises you.. You choose this about.... Well you get it all!!!

Location wise.. Top, just look out of your window and the ocean is there..
No any comment further... Oh yeah... Every single rupiah worth it..!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Anantara early August this year and we had the most amazing time! I am so glad we paid the extra money and got a room with direct access to a pool, as well as views out to the ocean. The room was huge and with the most amazingly comfortable big bed! The staff were so friendly and went out of their way to help. They even helped my partner organise his proposal to me! The breakfasts in the morning weren't your typical hotel style breakfast, with plenty of healthy options on the menu. The chef has done a great job in catering for everyone's tastes. Great option for couples wanting a romantic getaway. Thanks Anantara! Such a great hotel!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to get a pool access room that open onto the beach!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple