“AMAZING PLACE!!Really, really loved it”

Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort
Ranked #52 of 145 Hotels in Seminyak
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“AMAZING PLACE!!Really, really loved it”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed for 6 days at this place, each day more memorable than the other. there was some construction going on but no disturbance whatsoever. The big pool was closed which was a dampener, but the small one inside the villa helped accomplish most joys. The rooms were sweet and the service was exceptional. Advice- dont dine at anantara, dine outside on the beaches becuase it is a better experience, fresher, cheaper and really helps absorb the whole place. Good work, TEAM ANANTARA!!

Room Tip: Villas closer to the reception received better feedback Try to get a villa on your right hand side...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kirt P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have just come back from a week at staying at Anantara. Everything was wonderful the staff were excellent nothing was too much trouble and when you returned from your day you were greeted by name and a friendly smile. Sos Bar is a great place to watch the sunset and the meal there was also very good.t
The rooms are lovely and I had 311 at the end and it was quiet with a lovely view of pool and ocean.
I have come home relaxed and refreshed wishing I could have had another week there. I love the fact that it is a small exclusive hotel right on the beach and I couldnt fault anything with the hotel, staff or food.
I would highly recommend this gorgeous place to stay.
A great place for adults as there were only a couple of very well behaved children there and it was school holidays!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very hard to fault. Great location on the beach, beautiful rooms, excellent staff and small enough to be personal. Breakfast and lunch food is very good. The only experience that we had with dinner was a buffet/ Bali entertainment evening that was a bit overpriced. Everything else was excellent .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Shanghai
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This particular Anantara falls short of their usual service and experience. We had to change our room because my supposedly sea view room was completely blocked by trees. You can hear the ocean but you cannot see it. Luckily, there was a room available a floor above us, however, even though the room was supposed to be exactly the same the finishes of this room was much more worn out than the previous one so the experience fell short again. Furthermore, I had the hotel helped arranged some tours for me which I regretted. I recommend to those who intend to stay with this hotel is to arrange tours on your own because the tours recommended by them are typically higher in prices and the hotel refused to take any responsibility of it.

Room Tip: I recommend travelers to request rooms on the fourth floor or above if you want a sea view room. An...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Cynthia C
Christiane W, General Manager at Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Ms. Cynthia,
I would like to Thank you for your kind feedback and regret that you were disappointed with your experience in our resort. We are taking your constructive comments serious and have discussed each point with the team for immediate action to be taken.
We took note of the comment about the external water sports activities organizer our team connected you with. We will remove them from the list of contacts immediately as we do not have any affiliation with them and we apologize if they were not up to the expected standard.
Once again Thank you for taking the time to write to us and if there’s anything I can personally do for you, please feel free to contact me anytime.
Christiane Wasfy/General Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed from 14th June till 19th June.Upgraded and paid a bit more for sea.View suite,
Sound system was blasted too loud for my afternoon nap.Food at restaurant above is overpriced.Could get better meal just next door.
Every time,when we left the room empty for several hours,we were greeted with unacceptable room odour at the front door.Made a complaint.Not too sure what was that but we lived with it.
And also used the gym once and got my shorts smelt terrible.Just like someone left his smelly socks in the gym and the smell got stuck on my shorts,
The living room is not suitable for friends or guests visits.It has no blinds to block the toilet view.One of our guests even had to be assured of not being seen when she visited the toilet.

No Bosch system,blinds or curtain in toilet,aroma fragrance and reasonable restaurant pricing would do good for this overpriced resorts.

Otherwise,everything else is ok,but a bit overpriced for couples...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
perth
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The standard of guest service is the best that I have experienced. My ocean facing suite was near flawless in every way.

The staff to guest ratio also seems to help as quality of attention here is definately hard to match by any other hotel in the world.

I had only two concerns during my stay. None of these were deal breakers but my stay would have been perfect if not for these issues:

1) I did not get to use the rooftop lounge at all due to private events during the entire weekend. It would be better if this lounge was open in the day so that guests can still go there if there is a event in the evening. Rooftop lounges in other hotels are open during the day as well.

2) I was quite disappointed by the seafood buffet on one of the nights at the hotel restaurant. I was given two small prawns when I ordered at the BBQ area. It also took about 10 mins to be served every time you ordered. In the end, I only had a few pieces of seafood in what was billed a seafood buffet. You can get better options for the same price or less at Jimbaran.

I will certainly consider staying here again but will surely stay clear of the seafood buffet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I had 8 delicious nights in this fabulous location. It was my second Anantara experience - my first being a daughter/mum spa vacation in Koh Samui last year and this was romance all the way. Most excellent. The staff were fabulous and greeted us by name every time we appeared. Breakfast was a relaxed and enjoyable time sitting by the pool watching the waves and enjoying the excellent choice of hot and cold food and fresh fresh juices. nothing was too much trouble and the friendliness just oozed everywhere. Adi particlarly looked after us and when we had a problem with our lock on our door quickly and efficiently changed our room to an even better location. Our jacuzzi on the balcony was well used and watching the sunsets and sunrises whilst indulging in a spa bath was amazing. I really recommend the Ocean View suites as the roaring sound of the surf and the view was intoxicating. the wifi access everywhere was spot on. The service on the beach was great and the little baskets containing ice cold water, fruit, sun cram and spritzer spray was most useful and the flag to order drinks and food so cute. Loved the establishment and the loving touches the staff gave to their jobs and their guests. We enjoyed the massage and jacuzzi experience and all the facilities were spotless. My husband enjoyed the gym and I fully tried out the sun loungers, beds and chilling areas. Great sunset spot on the roof top SOS bar as well. We had some great chats with many of the people working there and found their humble attitude but commitment to 110% service appreciated. Cant wait to visit again and indeed try another one of the fabulous Anantara chain. Thanks Anantara Seminyak and Adi in particular. great service xx

Room Tip: Ocean View Room is a must !!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple