“Is this really an Anantara hotel?”

Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort
Ranked #52 of 145 Hotels in Seminyak
Shanghai
“Is this really an Anantara hotel?”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This particular Anantara falls short of their usual service and experience. We had to change our room because my supposedly sea view room was completely blocked by trees. You can hear the ocean but you cannot see it. Luckily, there was a room available a floor above us, however, even though the room was supposed to be exactly the same the finishes of this room was much more worn out than the previous one so the experience fell short again. Furthermore, I had the hotel helped arranged some tours for me which I regretted. I recommend to those who intend to stay with this hotel is to arrange tours on your own because the tours recommended by them are typically higher in prices and the hotel refused to take any responsibility of it.

Room Tip: I recommend travelers to request rooms on the fourth floor or above if you want a sea view room. An...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Cynthia C
Christiane W, General Manager at Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Ms. Cynthia,
I would like to Thank you for your kind feedback and regret that you were disappointed with your experience in our resort. We are taking your constructive comments serious and have discussed each point with the team for immediate action to be taken.
We took note of the comment about the external water sports activities organizer our team connected you with. We will remove them from the list of contacts immediately as we do not have any affiliation with them and we apologize if they were not up to the expected standard.
Once again Thank you for taking the time to write to us and if there’s anything I can personally do for you, please feel free to contact me anytime.
Christiane Wasfy/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed from 14th June till 19th June.Upgraded and paid a bit more for sea.View suite,
Sound system was blasted too loud for my afternoon nap.Food at restaurant above is overpriced.Could get better meal just next door.
Every time,when we left the room empty for several hours,we were greeted with unacceptable room odour at the front door.Made a complaint.Not too sure what was that but we lived with it.
And also used the gym once and got my shorts smelt terrible.Just like someone left his smelly socks in the gym and the smell got stuck on my shorts,
The living room is not suitable for friends or guests visits.It has no blinds to block the toilet view.One of our guests even had to be assured of not being seen when she visited the toilet.

No Bosch system,blinds or curtain in toilet,aroma fragrance and reasonable restaurant pricing would do good for this overpriced resorts.

Otherwise,everything else is ok,but a bit overpriced for couples...

perth
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The standard of guest service is the best that I have experienced. My ocean facing suite was near flawless in every way.

The staff to guest ratio also seems to help as quality of attention here is definately hard to match by any other hotel in the world.

I had only two concerns during my stay. None of these were deal breakers but my stay would have been perfect if not for these issues:

1) I did not get to use the rooftop lounge at all due to private events during the entire weekend. It would be better if this lounge was open in the day so that guests can still go there if there is a event in the evening. Rooftop lounges in other hotels are open during the day as well.

2) I was quite disappointed by the seafood buffet on one of the nights at the hotel restaurant. I was given two small prawns when I ordered at the BBQ area. It also took about 10 mins to be served every time you ordered. In the end, I only had a few pieces of seafood in what was billed a seafood buffet. You can get better options for the same price or less at Jimbaran.

I will certainly consider staying here again but will surely stay clear of the seafood buffet.

London
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I had 8 delicious nights in this fabulous location. It was my second Anantara experience - my first being a daughter/mum spa vacation in Koh Samui last year and this was romance all the way. Most excellent. The staff were fabulous and greeted us by name every time we appeared. Breakfast was a relaxed and enjoyable time sitting by the pool watching the waves and enjoying the excellent choice of hot and cold food and fresh fresh juices. nothing was too much trouble and the friendliness just oozed everywhere. Adi particlarly looked after us and when we had a problem with our lock on our door quickly and efficiently changed our room to an even better location. Our jacuzzi on the balcony was well used and watching the sunsets and sunrises whilst indulging in a spa bath was amazing. I really recommend the Ocean View suites as the roaring sound of the surf and the view was intoxicating. the wifi access everywhere was spot on. The service on the beach was great and the little baskets containing ice cold water, fruit, sun cram and spritzer spray was most useful and the flag to order drinks and food so cute. Loved the establishment and the loving touches the staff gave to their jobs and their guests. We enjoyed the massage and jacuzzi experience and all the facilities were spotless. My husband enjoyed the gym and I fully tried out the sun loungers, beds and chilling areas. Great sunset spot on the roof top SOS bar as well. We had some great chats with many of the people working there and found their humble attitude but commitment to 110% service appreciated. Cant wait to visit again and indeed try another one of the fabulous Anantara chain. Thanks Anantara Seminyak and Adi in particular. great service xx

Room Tip: Ocean View Room is a must !!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ultimatelime
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We arrived at this hotel and were completely taken aback about how dated this hotel was particularly as we are paying near the 400 mark per night. Everywhere you go in the hotel things are falling apart with botch repairs throughout. Nothing is cleaned properly stains on cushions, dust and marks on floors, this is not 5 star!!! The bedrooms have balconies where the sliding doors have a 2" gap underneath as well as not closing fully letting every noise in including scooters whizzing past throughout the night. The bar upstairs is not soundproofed and the music is thumping in your bedroom. Don't waste your money in this resort.

Room Tip: Stay away from the bar and road
3 Thank ATM1979
Christiane W, General Manager at Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear 126Lionel126,
I would like to personally thank you for your feedback. I understand your disappointment with our product and location and would like to thank you for your constructive comments. We appreciate receiving comments from our valued guest, even if they be of critical nature, as it is the only way for us to learn how to continuosly improve the top service our guest deserve.
We deeply regret that that we were not able to meet your expectations while staying with us, we have taken notes of your comments and shared it with the team so to take immediate and appropriate action.
As I am taking the issues mentioned very serious I would like to discuss them direclty with you. Kindly contact me direclty at cwasfy@anantara.com.
Looking forward to hearing from you and to work together towards solving this the issue and to welcome you back in the future.
Warm regards,
Christiane Wasfy / General Manager
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel located just close to the beach, the view was breathtaking when you entered the reception area. The room was spacious and the ocean view was great, the only shortfall was the bathtub at balcony didn't work. Breakfast offered lots of choices and the spa was up to standard though not extravagant. A decent choice if you are looking for a relaxing breakaway.

• Stayed April 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in May and it was fabulous! The rooms are very spacious, clean, stylishly decorated and with nice little extras like the ipod dock. We booked an oceanview room which is bright and airy, with a comfy couch and jacuzzi bath on the balcony. The separate bathroom and dressing areas are also spacious with every convenience - the huge rain shower is divine!
Breakfast is served on the ocean front pool deck and is absolutely delicious - we lingered for ages as it is such an enjoyable experience. We had dinner at the rooftop Supper Club which has magnificent views (great sundowner spot!), excellent food and huge couches to chill out on with drinks.
The service in all departments is outstanding and really made our stay extra special.

The only negatives are that the pool is right in front of the restaurant so no privacy, and the spa is overpriced - we had excellent foot massages in town for half the price (although this is the case with most hotel spas).

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms (and the higher up the better) are by far best option. Other rooms look dark and hav...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple