Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort
$405
$561
$524
Agoda.com
Pelangi Bali Hotel(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$179
$146
  • Pool
$586
$257
$246
$209
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$228
$176
$251
$206
1,538 results
All reviewswild orchidmoonlite barocean suitepool access suiteoutdoor jacuzzithe penthouserooftop restauranttop floordressing roomour honeymoonwatch the sunsetindian oceanocean frontrooms are hugeoverlooking the beachother resortsrose petals
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The hotel is located at a cosy bay in Seminyak, away from but in close enough proximity to most of the hustle of the tourist hotspots. The hotel looks very nice, and the rooms were spacious with lots of nice features, but there were a few cleanliness and maintenance issues. The facilities seem great - such as multiple pools, and a great breakfast / dinner restaurant, as well as an awesome bar, but I had this nagging feeling that the hotel was really a 3-3.5 star hotel masquerading as 4-5 star one.

+++:
Rooms: To be honest, I was a little ambivalent whether to rate the rooms as a positive, but decided that the size and facilities within the room deserved mention. Huge couch and coffee table, coffee maker, nice big table, LCD TV, huge bathroom with separate shower and bathtub, balcony overlooking the beach along with outdoor bathtub, as well as a low king-sized bed. However, minor negatives included the design of the low bed being a little dangerous and easy to trip over, as well as the outdoor bathtub not giving any privacy.

Service: Service overall was impeccable. Staff was always smiling and seemed sincere. Most problems were taken care off promptly.

Breakfast: Absolutely loved breakfast every morning! A great number of dishes to choose from the buffet and a la carte menu. The croque madam was fantastic, as were the local Indonesian fare.

Bar: Great bar on the roof of the hotel overlooking the beach. Drinks were a little overpriced (as would be expected), but the atmosphere makes up for it. The juxtaposition of the serenity of waves crashing on the beach and the club music pumping made a great companion to sipping scotch and smoking a cigar.

Free wifi: Yay!

---:
Cleanliness: The first night, as I crawled into bed, I found a huge stain on my blanket sheets. It was not just a small stain, or me over-reacting. It looked like somebody sat on the bed without cleaning after relieving him or herself in the bathroom. It was very, very, very disgusting. This was at 11:00pm, and it took housekeeping over half an hour to change it, which left me feeling a little angry by the end of it. Also, towels seemed to not be changed as often as I’d like; even though I’d put them in the bathtub, housekeeping seemed to re-hang them up anyways. Finally, the huge couch had stains here and there, which was very off-putting

Maintenance: The sliding window/door that opened to the balcony could not be closed fully, which meant that bugs could get in, there was no protection for my ears from the very loud wind.

Value: The price of US$400 a night including taxes seemed a little steep for the experience. Perhaps it was the unfortunate issues that only affected my room, but I would expect quite a bit more for that price, especially in Bali.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jamesjen25
Reviewed March 14, 2012

My husband and I are leaving this amazing place tomorrow; completely relaxed and spoilt yet a little heavy-hearted as in our short 5 days we have fallen in love with every aspect of this place from the luxurious suite to the attentive yet unobtrusive staff. This resort is large enough to feel a part of a resort yet small enough to really be made to feel important.
The location is great, the suite is so huge, modern and magnificent, the food outstanding, the attention to detail...spot on, but the staff really is what makes this place- Ivan is running a happy, welcoming team who love their jobs and as a guest, you really feel it. Dewa's smile every morning has made our mornings that much brighter! We would and will come back in a heartbeat and we cannot wait! Thankyou Anantara Seminyak team for making our stay so exceptional! We look forward to seeing you all again soon.

1  Thank AimandDave
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Ivan, the General Manage, has produced some of the best hospitality staff in Bali. Catering for your every whim, the staff go out of their way to ensure that your stay is a memorable one.

The Ocean view room that my wife and I stayed in for an entire week was very roomy and comfortable. Large walk in robes, a bathroom with a massive shower, walk in toilet, double size bathtub with all the trimmings on the bench top.

Bose stereo surround system for your lounge area and the standard Bali king sized bed. The outdoor deck has a large spa which is ideal for a glass of champagne whilst watching the famous sunsets.

The SOS rooftop nightclub caters for the over 25's who still like to party.

Overall a great place to stay.
Do it for t least one night.

3  Thank Sundance-M
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We all know how wonderful the island of Bali is, but I have to admit that choosing to stay at the Anantara Seminyak was a great decision I made, and it had made my stay in the "Island of the Gods" that much more memorable. I stayed at one of the ocean suites, and not only was the suite really spacious, but the layout, decor, and the view were amazing. Having the Bose TV-DVD-sound system in the suite was a fantastic bonus! What made it all the better was the truly gracious staff at the Anantara Seminyak: from the check-in, the housekeeping, and to the staff at the Orchid Restaurant. The staff really went the extra mile to make my stay a truly memorable one. Without any hesitation, I will return to Anantara Seminyak the next time I am in Bali. With sincere heartfelt greetings to the staff at the Anantara Seminyak, this goes to you all: Thank you so very much!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank fhidajat
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Hi, we didn't stay in Anantara but yesterday I realised idea to go their for dinner in well promoted Wild Orchid Thai restaurant. And it was disaster. Everything, from restaurant location in hotel lobby, no atmosphere, just like fast food in hotel lobby (we expected something like authentic Thai). Continue to the staff that was not attentive at all except one guy in grey color uniform: they don't change your plate until you ask, never offer drinks if your water finished. And food is very strange, it's far from what you expect from 5* hotel restaurant. Mostly frozen ingredients (I ordered scallops), strange green mango salad (did they ever try the real green mango salad, I want to ask to the chef?), tiny portions for heavy prices. There are not many options in Bali to where you can go for thai food but don't waste your time and money in Anantara. Any stand alone restaurant like Deus, Lemongrass or Bali's best Kat's kitchen are much much much better. It's overall problem of Bali. Some chef say they are specialist on some cuisine, but they only studied from someone and even never visited neighbors next door to try and compare. Bytheway, same day they offer Asian style buffet and I saw that sushi they have... omg, may be invite staff for dinner in Ryoshi or Sushi Tei first... i didn't try but one look at that table with sushi buffet was enough to ruine your impressions...

1  Thank Vasily_Pr
IvanBali, General Manager at Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear Anantara Guest,

Greetings from Seminyak, Bali and thank you for visiting our resort recently. The team and I are very glad to receive your valuable comments on our Wild Orchid restaurant and we would like to thank you as well for your time into posting this review, our guests' perspective is important to us and so is your constructive feedback.

In particular we would like to thank you for choosing our exclusive venue and for complimenting one of our managers although, on the other hand, it is with deep regret that we have acknowledged your negative comments about the overall dining experience during your short visit to our resort; with this in mind I would like to apologize sincerely for any inconvenience caused.

The team and I are very disappointed to learn about your frustrating culinary journey at Wild Orchid since we can proudly say that we showcase one of the most popular dining scenes in Seminyak, therefore hoping that your feedback will assist us in achieving this goal, this information will certainly help to rectify specific issues. Whilst we do understand that different people have different palates and obviously, different expectations, a more defined constructive criticism, despite surprising and highly uncommon from many of your remarks in this case, is always welcome in order to meet our guests' requirements in this field. It does seem that neither our service, nor our team members made an impression on you however, let me reassure you that our biggest strength lies on our highly personalized service provided by our staff, always attentive and prepared to assist for any request turning a good stay into a memorable experience and in this regard, if I may say, it fills me personally with a sense of pride and recognition, as it is the 'software' of our food and beverage outlets & resort which clearly sets our standards above the rest of the resorts in Seminyak. I will personally be reviewing your feedback with our food and beverage team to ensure this experience doesn’t occur again.

Thank you once again for sharing your point of view with our readers, I am personally sorry we were not able to please you entirely and my team and I will continue working hard in our efforts to please every Anantara customer; should you decide to give us a second opportunity to make a first impression, I am confident we would be able to provide you a truly Wild Orchid dining experience! Please feel free to contact me directly at icasadevall@anantara.com for a fabulous meal with our compliments.

Thank you for your attention and we look forward to continue bringing more and more guests to Bali, the Island of Gods!

With kind regards,