Alam Warna
The Dusun(Seminyak)
  • Breakfast included
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsbedroom villaseminyak squareminute walklounge areaspent nightsstaff were amazingplunge pooldriverbali
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed October 26, 2009

We had the most perfect, well needed holiday in both fabulous accommodation and surroundings; everything we could desire was at our 'doorstep'. The staff were excellent and saw to our every need. I can't wait to go again.

• Stayed: September 2009
    Reviewed October 26, 2009

This is my first trip to Bali, and my first time at a villa instead of hotel/resort. I don't think I can vacation any other way again. Alam Warna is a hidden. I actually don't want to rewite a review because I want to keep it a secret to my self.

We stayed in Bali for 5 nights, first 3 nights at Alam Warna and the final 2 nights at a hotel because Alam Warna was already booked out. We had a 2 bedroom with pool. The 2 bedroom unit is fairly large with plenty of space for the little ones to run around. My daughter celebrated her 10th birthday there and teh staff made sure it was a special occation for her. We also ordered the room service quite a bit. The price is very reasonable and food was actually better than a lot of places you find on the main drags of Bali. If you are visiting, have them arrange a tour of the island with their car and driver. Service is outstanding and very safe.

I tried everything to see if I can spend my entire 5 nights there, but in the end, there was no room so I had to be dragged out yelling and screaming. Alam Warna, I'll be back soon!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
    Reviewed October 25, 2009

If you are looking for a 4 star villa within a building site, whose only access to Seminyak Square is down a dirt track, then this is the place for you. I, however, expected something a little more for my 225 USD per night.
    I think it’s only fair to say that the staff were amazing and always on hand to help as much as they could, so credit where it’s due, however I feel we were completely misled on the surrounding work and location of this villa. There is no mention that access was through a building site that was barely lit in the evening and frequented by stray, barking and aggressive dogs!
    The breakfast if fairly limited and please bear in mind it is not cooked in the villa and should you order tea or coffee, they make that in your room once they arrive with the food.
    The private pool was large enough to swim in, but the temperature was cool and contained 3 large chlorine tablets so please beware if you have kids. They are on the bottom of the pool and look like large stones. Don’t do what I did and pick one up thinking it wasn’t meant to be there!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank HerRubyship
    reeftravler, Manager at Alam Warna, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2009

Dear Guests,

In response to our guests feedback regarding the location and neighbouring construction, we wish to extend the following clarification and apologies.

Alam Warna Villas are located down a side street behind the beach; this means we have two ways to enter the resort, one way through the well-lit finished part of the land, and the other through the current construction site.
    It is true that this uncompleted access does lead straight onto Seminyak Square, but the project is still ongoing.

The completion of the road, villas and lighting is expected within 2 months, and we look forward to being able to offer our guests a bonus of 2 well-lit accesses.

In the meantime however we would like to apologise to our guests who find this an inconvenience; please be assured that there is no interference to the peace of the area with the neighbouring project. We do offer free shuttles to our guests even as close as Seminyak Square to avoid any hassles they may have.

Kind Regards,
    Alam Warna Team

Reviewed October 19, 2009

We just returned from an 11 night break in Bali, we stayed 9 nights at Alam Warna in the Emerald Room and two nights at a hotel on the beach in Legian. If only they had not been fully booked on our last night we would have stayed on at Alam Warna.

The staff are brilliant and always on hand to provide personalised service. We loved meeting them each day and chatting about what we had been doing and they were always on hand with advice and assistance for anything we needed. Particular thanks to Ceska and Nyoman for their amazing friendly service but the whole team including maintenance, housekeeping and security are just lovely with a warm hello at any time of the day or night.

The villas are wonderfully private despite being part of a development. I did not see a single other person from the inside of my villa the entire time I was there. Having said that, you would probably be brave to risk a skinny dip in the day time!! The furnishings are contemporary and in excellent condition. We found ourselves continually drawn back to this lovely oasis throughout the day. In fact our holiday revolved around the villa, with trips to the very nearby beach, restaurants, bars and shopping always resulting in a return to the villa for another dip in that lovely pool followed by a relax on the daybed, couch or sun lounge.

And at night the lighting really makes a romantic scene.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed October 8, 2009

This villa was the highlight of my Bali trip. We stayed in the Sapphire three-bedroom villa. Private oasis in busy Seminyak which was perfectly reflected in photos on the website. Perfect location, well appointed villa, breakfast was fantastic, and you cannot beat the value/price!

Some tips:
    ** Have dinner at Kafe Warisan - hands down the best restaurant in Bali!!!
    ** A great place to pickup souvenirs is Geneva Handcraft Center - three floors of beautiful handicrafts @ rock bottom prices and no need to bargain
    **Beware of the money exchangers!
    We went to a place down the street where the exchange rate was unusually generous. We had two people count the money before we left but somehow they pulled a magic trick and they swindled us of a couple hundred dollars! We told the story to the front desk (apparently they pulled some connections) and they helped us with getting our swindled money returned! We are forever grateful to Alam Warna staff who were so wonderful and helpful. They go above and beyond to ensure a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family