TripAdvisor
Cleopatra Luxury Salon & Day Spa
Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Nice and relaxing treatment

Very friendly staff and professional therapists, with great choice of spa treatments! Overall very... read more

Reviewed September 4, 2017
99maryleneh
via mobile
Best Spa

One of the best spa that i ever had. The masseuse know whats she doing. Service was great, and... read more

Reviewed December 16, 2018
rcblower
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Seminyak
from $73.23
from $35.00
from $47.06
More Info
All reviews body scrub pampering hair massage spa villa masseuse bali
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

What a disappointment! I had been looking forward to this visit with my husband for weeks. We finally went and when we we walked in and asked for our 2 hour massage the man behind the counter (VERY NICE MAN) said okay and called a lady to start it for us and she gave him the most unimpressed and angry look which we could only assume was that she didn't want to do it!! I looked at my husband and we instantly felt very unwelcome. The nice man was whispering in balinese to her and we could hear the words 'Body body scrub' 'scrub scrub' and finally she threw her paper on the table and walked upstairs looking really not impressed. We KNEW that he had to convince her to massage us.

Anyway she finally called on us we went to the couple's room. It was a TINY room and very bright and we got told in a VERY loud voice to change panties etc. We had a hard time getting around how small the room was. I noticed the bed was quite dirty around the sides and the sheets looked old but i just layed down. I had asked them specially not to put the AC on and they did anyway so i had to reach over and turn it off myself. The lady came and started her massage and put NO care into it at all. Her movements were careless and not professional and many times she moved the sheet that was covering me and threw it and it landed on my face!! I had to reach up 2 times and remove it, how rude. She didn't even bat an eye lid. The lady massaging my husband was wearing heels and all we heard were heels stomping for the 1st 10 mins. The room was bright they didn't dim it for us and the music was just low and nothing special. Then as she was massaging me the bloody beds were rattling and squeeking like mad...far from relaxing. I was actually getting really annoyed at this point. What happened next was beyond me - the two ladies started whispering back and forth for about 15 mins. Low voices but in angry whispers. I had to take my face towel off and look at them to basically tell them to please stop. Then the lady messaging me got on the bed and brought her oil and as she was using it on me she was dropping the oil bottle ONTO me in between my legs. She did this 3 times till i moved abruptly and she realised and put it on the table.. i could not believe how crap the experience was.

Finally she massaged my upper half and rolled me over but she forgot to massage my arms! I just let her do the rest because i knew i was never coming back again. Rude ladies, badddd massage technique, loud whispers, forgetting to massage my arms, small spaced bright room with no special ambience what so ever. I will not be back.

Last i had my bath and they let my husband in with me even though he didn't get the same package which was nice. The tea and biscuits was a nice touch. But that was the only nice thing about my experience.

There is no nice small touches like the other spa places. If i wasn't so tired i would have not agreed to paying for this terrible experience. No feet washing before the massage, no candles, small old ugly room, the bath is not in same room as the massage so you have to walk to the bath area and take all your things, talking ladies, sound of heels, bad massage... soooo awkward. The prices are way too high for all this crap.

I wish i read the reviews before i came. They sound about right. You are better off going to a cheap place you will get the same service or better for cheaper OR go elsewhere. Don't be fooled by the big building and the nice man behind the counter. He is nice but the staff need fired or a massive training year.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank najlaber08511
Reviewed June 27, 2017

I dropped in here after a LOT of searching on foot for a place for waxing. OK so it looks nice enough, but actually for the rates they charge, they're not properly trained and they have none of the added touches that warrant the higher rates.

When I arrived the guy at reception said hello, I told him what I wanted and then there was this really long pause. I thought he was checking staff availability but finally he looked up again and said, "Yes?"

I asked about full leg and brazillian wax but luckily I checked about the wax for brazillian first because they use strip wax, NOT hard wax. OUCH!!! No thanks! I said I also wanted a massage but wasn't sure which so I took the menu.

I went upstairs for a leg wax. I wasn't offered a drink even though I was so hot and sweaty, so I asked and she brought me a bottle I was meant to pay for. When I said I wanted a free drink she came back with one.

The sarong on the table is re-used from past clients I am sure. Anyhow, I awkwardly climbed up on the bed with a lamp in the way, and she began the wax. Her technique was pretty good because it was pain-free.

About halfway through another woman came in and told me she could do the brazillian but I asked again about the wax. She said yes, strip wax so I said it's not the right wax and I didn't want. She stayed to help the other lady. Her technique was so bad! It was painful. She asked me about it but I was polite and said it was ok, and so she said, "See not hurt. I can do your brazillian". Clearly they have no clue about proper waxing!

OK, so she finishes. I examine my legs to discover there are patches of hair untouched! I had to ask about 5 times to do another area she'd missed. In the end I gave up, and left with black hairs at the top of my legs still in place.

I was tired so requested a massage for 90mins. She said I had to go downstairs again (therefore getting changed again) and ask the guy. I didn't bother. I just paid the 230,000Rp and left.

For the price, the service is really rubbish. Either pay a tiny bit more for far superior quality, or pay much less and get roughly the same.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank Kawaskuri
Reviewed June 25, 2017

I don't usually write reviews, but had to share this experience. I figure it'll help others and the spa will hopefully improve their service from the feedback...!
It began when I walked in the door, which was kindly opened for me, but after sitting down for about three seconds I was rushed up to the treatment room for my Brazilian wax. The therapist seemed very rushed, flustered, and was rather unfriendly. I had to ask for a drink as I was not offered one.
The sheet on the table may have been clean, but it didn't look it. The wax proceeded and got progressively more painful, as she was pulling in all the wrong directions, and not holding the skin taught. At one point I put up my leg after a particularly painful moment and had to tell the lady to give me a moment to recover! It was definitely the quickest wax I've ever had, but also one of the most uncomfortable. When I checked there were a few bits that could have been improved but I didn't want to go through any more torture! - And this is coming from someone who gets waxed regularly!
Next was the Royal Lulur massage and body scrub, which was an hour and a half, and was meant to be a massage for an hour, a body scrub, and a "yoghurt splash" after a shower.
First I had to ask them to change the sheet n the massage table, as there was wax on it (and I had also been lying on it with my dirty feet at the head end, for the wax!). The ladies were more than happy to do this and very nice about it, even thanking me for letting them know. Then the little folded towel was put at the head end, which had not been done after my wax.
I had a different therapist for the massage and scrub, and she was very friendly, and quite a skilled masseuse. The problem is that I didn't get an hour long massage, not by a long shot! Sure with the scrub you get it massaged into you, but the whole experience was rather disappointing and the opposite of relaxing.
After about 20 mins of massage the scrub was put on and rubbed around. I was still on my tummy at this point, and had only had the top side (legs, back, arms etc) massaged. Then I got to lie there for the next 15-20 mins while the scrub dried out. She said it would be "a few minutes"... Anyway she came back to complete the scrub, then I got turned over for the rest of my massage, which now just felt like a scrub as I was lying in it, and her hands were covered in it, so it was basically a scrub-massage. Then more scrub mixture was spread around, and I got to lie there on my own again, waiting for it to dry, for another 10-15 mins (I only know the times because I was so unimpressed and surprised when she put the scrub on so quickly that I started looking at the time!!).
She came back to complete the scrub, wipe off the excess, and usher me to the shower.
After the shower there was no mention of this "yoghurt splash", or offer of any moisturiser. I just sat down to put on my shoes (which felt odd as I was about to have a pedicure), as the therapist waited for me.
It also felt like she was waiting for me to tip her, especially as she had been telling me about her kids birthday and about how she couldn't by him a cake...! I don't mind the odd question here and there during a massage, but I don't really want to talk, and although it sounded sad, I just couldn't help but wonder if she was just trying to get more money out of me.
Anyway, downstairs in the pedicure chair... Now some people rave about these special chairs as they are rare in Bali, but I'm not really that into massage chairs, so I ended up turning it off.
Yet another different therapist for the pedicure, she was kind enough, and very gentle on my toes and nails, and did quite a good job. The only thing I would say would be that the water was cold...!
So overall I was rather unimpressed, from not being welcomed properly (even budget places will often offer you a drink), to the strange order of things during the Royal Lulur experience. I wouldn't recommend it, and think they have a lot to improve on.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank Violetralala
Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

This is as good a massage as I have had anywhere but at an excellent price. Definitely value for money here. My wife loved the full spa treatment as well.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

First of all it is really overpriced for the quality of services provided.
It is not chic or even cozy inside not to mention that we were not proposed with water and even cup of tea before and after procedure.
The massage cabinet was too small for two persons and there was a conditioner which makes air dry and smelly.
Finally I was dissatisfied with the shoulder&head massage as the massager didn't even touch my scalp or turn me from stomach... This is the only one negative impression from the whole visit to Bali.

Date of experience: July 2016