“Honeymooners delight”

Ranked #80 of 145 Hotels in Seminyak
Mackay, Australia
“Honeymooners delight”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the sanya suites in seminyak in may for our honeymoon. ..was amazing!!! The rooms were gorgeous with your own pool and tucked away in a quiet little street..away from the hustle and bustle! The staff were more than accomodating to all your needs and food was delicious! Highly highly recommend this place for a romantic holiday or just to relax with all seminyak has to offer just around the corner. .great food and shopping. Lovely experience! :-)

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for my 21st birthday last yeat and can 100% honestly say we enjoyed every moment. The villa its self was a mini paradise the pool was perfect the food was wonderful even the location was great for us and as a suprise the morning of my birthday the staff bought me a personalized cake and sung me happy birthday..I arrived back at my villa that night to find the pool covered in flower petals it was beautiful the staff were very very friendly ..my only flaw is the first time I stepped into the pool the steps were a little bit slimy but once I realised it was just matter of being cautious stepping in and out. .and being a tropical climate it would be hard to prevent. All I can say is that if you want somewere a bit special this is your villa.. infact we loved it souch we are returning in Sept 2014. Thankyou Sanyas for making my 21st birthday one to remember :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed in junior suite villa on a Bali getaway.

Pros: Room/villa is huge with private pool outdoor, sheltered jacuzzi, two showers - one in the open concept bathroom and the other in the garden, separate bedroom, living room, dining area and kitchen. Staff are very friendly and and gave a lot of information about the room facilities on check in and do call you to update you of things going on in the hotel in advance (e.g mosquito fogging, balinese dance show etc). I am impressed that the reception is actually able to greet me by name the next morning - shows their dedication. Its a private little getaway where the spa is your room itself. Breakfast is also served in room.

Cons: Not as near the main Seminyak area as I would like (but still walkable) and not right beside the beach. Some cab drivers do not know the location simply by the name of the hotel so its good to remember the street - Jln Cendrawasih. Takes a while to get used to the room size and remember where you put your stuff. Only one powerpoint at desk so you have to unplug the desk lamp to plug in your devices.

There is a building being constructed beside the hotel so more will need to be done in the future to prevent occupants of the building from seeing inside the private courtyard

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank benron_77
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Have you ever had an experience that truely questioned your health/safety at a hotel? I hadn't till this 10 minute stay. My wife and I were finishing out our honeymoon and booked Sanyas based on resonable reviews. We arrived and were shown our hotel room, which did not look as nice as the photos so we instantly thought, we had the room that wasn't remodeled. We decided it's okay and we'll manage and started cleaning up after a long day of traveling around Bali. The rooms have open air bathrooms and kitchens, which is a neat concept. Shortly after the tour of our room my wife was in the bathroom and I was in the shower when we heard a loud noise that sounded like an industrial lawn mower on the other side of the property fence. A minute later pesticide started coming over the fence across the pool and into the bathroom smoking us out of the bathroom into our bedroom (not open air). Once we got into the bathroom we shut off our airconditioning and realized our door didn't have a tight seal so the "fog" came into our room as smelled instantly. Needless to say my wife who was in the bathroom and myself halfway through my shower couldn't stay there. My wife has an breathing condition and if we would have known about this, we would have never stayed here. At a minimum they should have at least warned us about this or told us it happens on these days every week.

I understand bugs are a problem in this area, but I wouldn't stay here again and felt like this was similar to one of those chemical war experiences I hear about from retired military. No Thanks Sanyas! The hotel did move us to another hotel. The manager called me to have lunch infering that we could talk more on the situation, but sadly he was unavailable and was unable to resolve this issue with us.

The trip was fine and she was able to breathe again and the hotel offered to make sure our next stay was better, but I will not risk it again. I travel for work about half of the time and stay in some remote areas, but this one was my worst travel experience I've ever had and felt like the issue was never resolved. Don't stay here, it's really not worth the risk and get something that is more of a closed room. What good is an open air kitchen when the air is full of pecticide residue that's all over your dinning room table and why pay for a pool with the same residual spray everywhere?

I've attached photos if you like to see some of the experience. Safe travels and enjoy beautiful Bali.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CSAL2014
TheSanyasBali, Manager at The Sanyas Suite Seminyak, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Sir ,
We thank you for all the comments.
We do regular fogging and spraying to our Villa and always make notification for our in house guest.
With the aim to reduce of Insect , ant or Mosquito , this happened to our value costumer who just checked In who really out side our awareness . Please accepted our sincerely apologize we do really don't know that our clients had an breathing problem.
We will always improve our standard services , update communication and will guarantee what we do are safe for the our Guest and the environment.
Hope our explanation could resolved and if you still trust please give me a chance to give you our best service in the next occasion .

Best Regards

Teja/Villa Manager
Toulouse, France
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I was here as a surprise christmas present from my fiancee. We had some of the mentioned problems like taxi not finding the place.
The place looked incredible and romantic, i was blown away at first sight. The private pool and living room looked stunning in the evening. But once we woke up the next day, we could see many of the flaws.
The tv wasnt working, the lounge chair covers were soaking wet from absorbing all the rain. Some lights and doorbell not working. Little things here and there that of course were fixed as soon as they could, but it still took some time and it felt like a hassle. This was a little disappointing. Other than that, we loved the breakfasts and the service was incredibly friendly! Even though i got eaten alive by mosquitos (not blaming the hotel!) I still found the hotel really beautiful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lizzy G
Dear Our Value Costumer ,

Thank you for advise us and will always improved our standard service to all our costumers.
Your note will become our focus and attention to the management and Owner.
Again Thank you very much Hope we could accommodate you in your next visit.

With Kind Regards

Teja/Villa manager
Singapore
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Made our 1st trip to Bali with my wife and 2 yr old daughter and stayed in the Sanyas 1 rm villa from 18 - 21st March. Very thoughtful service by the staff at The Sanyas as they managed to provide me with early check in at ard 12 noon and even had a baby cot placed in the villa for my gal. The villa was very clean and they provides very detailed housecleaning on a daily basis. Breakfast was great esp the noodles and the staff also made the effort to put up the mosquito coil at 6pm every day to keep the mosquitos away.
The only con was that the swimming pool in my villa could have been better maintained. Cheers.

You can check out some photos of the villa in my blog at http://sk-notebook.blogspot.sg/2014/03/bali-day-one-1-part-1.html

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SK_Tang
Dear Mr Tang

Thank you for the comment , hope we could accommodate you in the next visit to Bali .
Your note will become our attention to improve the facilities and the services.

With Kind Regards

Teja/Villa Manager
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed at the Sanyas for 3 nights.

Pros:
-Excellent check in and customer service, all staff were always happy to help.
-Lunch menu room service was fantastic!
-Villa was very nice, open but private and romantic.
-Pool was clean.
-Tv & DVD was good, let us have lazy nights in the room.
- Loved the outdoor bathroom thing, we showered in the rain which was a very different expirience!
- Villa is very private which was fantastic.
I would stay here again.

Cons:
-Towels were dirty when we first checked in, they replaced them but still dirty.
-No driver or taxi knows where the Sanyas is, so hard to find. *Ask driver to go to The L Hotel, they all know where that is and the Sanyas is just next door.
-Breakfast wasn't very good.
-Some communication issues with room service, iced coffee was black coffee with ice. I did order Apple crepes and got pork chops, but the girls were lovely and it was a language barrier so no ones fault.

Room Tip: Write down the address of the hotel as no drivers know where The Sanyas is. Bring bug spray! Not...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheSanyasBali, Manager at The Sanyas Suite Seminyak, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Sir or madam,

Warm Greeting from The Sanyas Suite Bali,

First of all, Thank you very much for your stay at The Sanyas Suite Seminyak on February 2014,
and please be informed that I have review all about your comments during your stay and please do apologize us due to your stay is not a little bit comfotable because of some service.

for your info,after we get your comments we strickly review and brief all staff to do a best services to every single guest who stay at The Sanyas Suite Seminyak.
and to make sure all must be clean ( Towels,Villa Area,Room and Bath tub and etc )

I do hope you give us a chance again to serve you for your upcoming visit and we will do our best and make your stay more memoriable and the suprise thing are waiting fro you.

The Sasnyas Suite Seminyak is located at : Jln Cendrawasih No 9,Petitenget,
Seminyak - Kuta
Phone : +62 361 4730029
E-mail : dos@thesanyasbali.com

Once again,thank you very much for your comments and we keep waiting for your upcoming visit.

Best regards