“Relaxing Stay at the Sanya Suite Seminyak”

The Sanyas Suite Seminyak
Ranked #83 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Singapore, Singapore
“Relaxing Stay at the Sanya Suite Seminyak”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here for my partners birthday and had a really good stay even with some issues when we arrived. We stayed for a few days and really enjoyed the villa, the facilities as well as the location - it's pretty near town. Service was generally very good.

I've done a full review on my blog here including more photos: http://flystaytravel.com/review-of-our-stay-at-the-sanyas-suite-bali-trip-report-2/

Room Tip: Request a room away from reception to avoid noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank theaddictedtraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I've only spent one night with my friend here at end of Jan, but it was amazing! The staff are very friendly and attentive. The Villa is gorgeous! The pool is clean and the room is soooooo big with dining area, living room function and a super big bathroom. The bathroom is open-air concept, and can enter from either dining area or bed room. The room service is quite fast but the last order for food is about 10pm, so if you feel hungry after that hour then have to go to the small 24 hours K-Circle to find some food. The hotel provides in-villa breakfast, set up everything in the dining area as requested the night before. This is so sweet and good. Definitely worth the money spent.

Room Tip: If you wanna order ice to chill the wine or champagne, better tell them specifically that the ice is...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I spent 2 weeks at Sanyas suite Villa and it was just amazing. Everything was perfect. All staff were amazing and very friendly. Many thanks to the front office team, I really appreciate there help for everything that I asked. All staff from Housekeeping as well were very good and professional. The restaurant is very good for breakfast lunch and dinner and the in-villa service was perfect !
I really hope to come back soon.
Thanks a lot to everybody.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
TheSanyasBali, Manager at The Sanyas Suite Seminyak, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Sir,

Warm Greeting from The Sanyas Suite Bali,

First of all,thank you very much for chossing The Sanyas suite Seminyak for your holiday
we look forward to welcoming you at The Sanyas Suite Seminyak and we want to give you
our best services.

Sulis/Vm Mgr and team
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed at Sanyas in December and got a great deal of about $200/night. The private pool made it a wonderful oasis to start off our Bali holiday. The breakfast served in our villa was excellent - we chose the traditional breakfast everyday and I have to say the Mee Goreng was one of the best I've had and a top start to the day.
The shower and bathroom facilities being outside looked great but the pebbles under your feet with the shower actually hurt slightly but it's not a big deal. Also, if spending anytime outside I basically covered myself with Aerogard! But that's not the villa, just Bali.
It is walking distance to Jalan Pettinget where we spent most of our time - we enjoyed Amo day spa (best I experienced in Bali); Biku for coffees and Merah Putih for a luxe dinner!
A quick taxi to the Square was a simple hail off the main road which is 50 metre walk from the villas. Definitely get a bluebird taxi and get them to put their meter on; should be about 25K at the most.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LeenieTravelling
Dear Sir and Madam,

First of all,thank you very much for your staying at The Sanyas Suite Seminyak
and we really appreciated for your good experience during your stay with us.
and if you do not mind please give us a time again to serve you and we will do our best
care and pay attention during stay.

We look forward to welcoming you at The Sanyas Suite Bali and please do apologize us for being late to reply to you.

Sulis/Vm Mgr and teams
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

This is our 4th time in Bali.
I decided to book a villa at this resort after reading all the positive reviews. We were all set for a fantastic experience to celebrate our son's birthday.

Sadly, we were utterly disappointed.

The package we booked came with a free one way transfer. As we were travelling with a young child, I made an effort to arrange for pick up from the airport. I even confirmed with the reservation staff that they got our flight details 3 days before our arrival date. I got an email saying that all has been arranged and the hotel driver would be there to pick us.
Upon arrival, the driver was nowhere in sight, we waited for over an hour. Called the hotel and they told us no arrangement was made as we didn't provide flight details. After all the effort to make sure all has been arranged and this was the reply we got.

Upon arrival at the resort, nobody bothered to apologise. When I asked what happened, they gave some lame excuse that the driver was there at the airport but was holding the wrong sign. To make up for the miscommunication, we were offered 30% off their lunch menu, as our room was not ready anyway. The food was not fresh and took forever. Worse, my hubby had tummy upset after lunch.

When we got to the villa, it was like what some of the other reviewers stated. The place is in desperate need of a make over. Almost everything was falling apart.
1) the television was not working
2) the fan was not working
3) all the locks on doors were damaged
4)the pool was dirty , a lot of leaves

I have to admit have seen staff scooping the leaves out of the pool. But the pool was still not
clean.

In the hotel catalogue, they promote that they offer complimentary shuttle service 3 times a day to kuta area. We called the front desk to enquire and were told on the first day that they were too busy to send us. On the second day, we were told that shuttle was only to seminyak area. But even then the drivers were still reluctant to send us. The front desk actually told us to speak to the driver ourselves.

The other issue was the baby cot. It was not set up properly and the sides were falling apart. We called to ask for help and help came only about 4 hrs later.

Most of the staff are actually quite friendly and helpful. We have had the most problems with the front desk staff and the drivers. The front desk staff definitely need more training. They seem very lost.

So far this is our worst experience in Bali.

• Stayed December 2013
Nantong, China
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Yes, having your own private villa and pool are luxuries that are coveted when looking for holiday relaxation. The villas are large and are equipped with kitchens, "outdoor" living areas and bathrooms (meaning they are covered and private to other guests but open to the outdoors). The bedroom is housed in a closed area (which can be opened up) with air conditioning and the bed has mosquito netting. First and second glaces, the villa is fantastic.
Third glance: there were things that were frustrating.
First, age and humidity are beginning to take their toll on these villas. There were cracks and bubbling in the paint in the bedroom area (although not completely noticeable at first) the outdoor seating cushions are stained from age, algae is growing on all the outer walls - including the shower area (although some may feel this gives a tropical feel).
Secondly, the pool was not cleaned ONCE while I stayed (I was here for a week). Leaves, flowers, bird feathers were scooped out by ME numerous times. I even found myself cleaning the leaves from the villa grounds surrounding my pool, as housekeeping never seemed to do it.
Thirdly, the minibar was never restocked during my stay.
Fourthly, and most annoying, is there is a rooftop bar very close to the villas. They play music for their customers which can be heard quite clearly in the villa. Sometimes this was fun for me - laying by the pool - but other times, like bedtime, I wanted relaxation and quite time but I could hear the music and it wasn't peaceful and relaxing for me. It's not obnoxious club music, but still enough of a bother that I was displeased.
The positives: any of the negatives I mentioned would have been rectified immediately if I had called the front desk (except the rooftop bar music). The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. But, the point of so many of my disappointments is that if a hotel or resort is going to have minibars and pools for their guests - they should maintain them without being asked.
Again, the staff is VERY friendly - always smiling and saying hello. They are eager to please you. I asked to go on a tour of the monkey village and a driver was arranged to take me (as well as to other places in BALI - gold and silver market, the tiered rice village, and coffee plantation for a very reasonable price). There are mini marts, ATM's, currency exchanges, small shops and restaurants within walking distance. The streets are the safest to walk along, but I did it... The beach was a 15 minute walk from the suites. You could easily get a cab to go to the square for more shopping and dining experiences.
I had room service on several evenings and the food was very good. Breakfast came with my room rate (I ordered the American Breakfast - which is a lot of food). They set up your kitchen table just as it were a restaurant...lovely.
Over all, the staff here will do what ever you want. Your stay is made to order... Would I stay here again? Yes. The staff was that accommodating. But as another traveler wrote, when you have so many options in BALI, it wouldn't be bad to see what else is out there.

Room Tip: Arrange a tour with the front desk or rent a motor bike and see more of what this area has to offer.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
TheSanyasBali, Manager at The Sanyas Suite Seminyak, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Sir or Madam,

Warm Greeting from The Sanyas Suite Bali,

Thank you very much for your choosing The Sanyas Suite Seminyak for your stay and please do apologize us for being late to reply it.

Firstly,thank you very much for the comments and we have noted all your negative comment . we have brief the staff to make sure keep clean the Villa every time.and also for your info we have services and paint all the villas.
if you do not mind ,please give us again a time to serve you during the stay and we will do our best care and pay attention during your stay.

of you wish a great resorts for your stay,you may choose The Sanyas Retreat in Kerambitan,it just 45 minutes from The International Airport.
or for details,please visit our webb : www.thesanyasbali.com

We look forward to welcoming you again at the Sanyas Suite Bali.

Sulis and The Sanyas Suite Bali teams
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The Sanyas Suite is simply amazing. No effort was spared in making us feel at home. Breakfast was served daily in the villa and added on to the feeling of royalty. Villa was clean and very spacious. The outdoor bath and toilet was a surprise and very unique.

While some may say that there were many mosquitoes in the villa, it is only natural that a place so green and natural like The Sanyas Suite have its share of insects and small animals (snails, dragonflies).

Location is superbly convenient with a 20 minute drive from the Airport. The Sanyas Suite is able to maintain its tranquillity as it is situated just off a busy main road. However, turn round the corner and many amenities are within walking distance. Convenience stores, currency exchange and countless bars/restaurants are a 5 minute walk away.

Overall, The Sanyas Suite is the place to go if you want to pamper yourself. The staff are friendly, speak good English and always willing to go that extra mile.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir or Madam,

Warm Greeting from The Sanyas Suite Bali,

First of all,Thank you very much for choosing The Sanyas Suite Seminyak for your stay.
Please also do apologize us for being late to reply your good comment.

We realy thank you veru much for your possitive comment and we do hope we can serve you again in future of your stay. we will more pay attention and realy care during of your stay.

Once again, Thank you very much for your stay with us and we look forwar to welcoming again at The Sanyas Suite.
if you want to stay at lovely and quite resort you may try The Sanyas Retreat in Kerambitan,
it just take 45 minutes from The International Airport.

Sulis/Vm Mgr and Teams