Review written by an Australian couple aged 24 (F) & 32 (M): From the minute of arrival at Sun Island, Seminyak we felt welcomed, at home and very comfortable. In Dec 2012, we stayed for 6 consecutive nights and would have loved to have been there for longer! Set in an awesome and convenient position in the heart of all activity and within walking distance to beaches, cafes & shops, we experienced accommodation that was private, safe and 'cool'. With 24/7 service and if you're not feeling up for getting out of your pj's too early (pre 10:00am) late breaky delivered to your door is quite the luxury, followed by cocktails for the next few hrs - 2 FOR 1 ALL DAY EVERY DAY @ $7.50 per cocktail = $3.75 EACH!! Be in your private plunge pool and sunbathing in your birthday suite or lock yourself up in the a/c watching movies (only during the hottest part of the day) - your choice what you do!
That is just the introduction, what was truly outstanding was the service.... Bali is known for its hospitality, and Sun Island was no exception. We loved all of the staff, in particular the bar staff (De'wa) and the security/welcome team at the front gates. We always had a good laugh and a traffic control team to enable us to 'safely' cross the road to the Sun Island.
Top 3 places within 5 mins walk:
* Bintang supermarket - great place to get your basics - Bintang (beer) $8.60 per 6 pack
* Cafe next to Bintang Supermarket on main street - BEST BURGERS - 4 stacker + chips + free coke for $4.95 AUS (the guys will love this) + a great variety of other meals.
* Shops/cafe directly opposite Sun Island - pretty good quality shopping + gourmet $4 pizzas - 2 x pizzas + 2 x bintang = approx $8.00!!
When we go back to Bali, we will only stay in Sun Island Seminyak not only because we have enjoyable memories, it offers luxury accommodation only minutes drive to Kuta and is a great central point for when you have exploring days.
If you are expecting 'gold taps' and something reeeeeaaaally posh, go somewhere else. If you are looking for a cool, calm and all in one place - definitely book, and feel free to do as you wish....
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Fastbooking, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Island Villas And Spa
- Sun Island Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Sun Island Hotel
- Aston Seminyak
- Hotel Sun Island
- Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa Bali/Seminyak