“The Best Steak”

Urchin Bali
Ranked #40 of 550 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, International, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The newest addition to Seminyak's hub of wining and dining, URCHIN - Restaurant & Bar offers a modern style of seafood and more!Inspired cuisine from the sea!
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Finally a restaurant that fits our like. There are too many casual laid back eateries in Bali and we are not so into fine dining when we are in Bali. Urchin has combination of both, relaxed ambiance, great food and great service. We had steak and snapper, wow the steak is one of the best i have ever had. And the snapper is a very good quality one. We wish they have more vegetarian option too.

There are newer reviews for Urchin Bali

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We completely stumbled across this restaurant and we're very glad we did! The food, service and atmosphere was fantastic.
My starter of fettuccine with butter and sea urchin was amazing! My husband had the ceviche, which was also delicious. The dessert was also excellent. We both had fish courses for our mains, which were very tasty - although our fish was a little bit dry for our taste. But we would definitely recommend this restaurant and will definitely return on our next trip.

1  Thank KLStraveller
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Urchin has recently opened in front of the Colony Hotel Bali and my, what a fabulous addition to the island. This is seafood (vegetarian & carnivore selections available) of the VERY highest order. The Chef, Stephen Skelley, is ex Pier and Fishface in Sydney and his eye for detail is mind-boggling. Every dish is simply a work of art. But the proof is in the enjoyment factor - truly delicious. As a non-pescatorian, the selection is slight but every dish is stupendous from the Suckling Pig Confit to the mouthwatering steak with onion soubise, it's yum yum yum all the way way way to the Passionfruit Souffle which is so light it literally melts off your tongue. Highly recommended and if you live in Bali, it will surely become one of your regular haunts. Oh, how could I forget the terrace bar ...buzzing with happy chatters and brilliantly orchestrated cocktails. I'll be back ......again.

3  Thank KatgirlBali
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My partner and I ate at Urchin this evening and absolutely loved everything. From the moment we walked in we were warmly welcomed. Lovely ambiance, beautiful fresh bread brought to the table. We enjoyed scallops and salmon for entree, seared tuna and snapper for mains and beautiful deserts (made room some how)... All for a very reasonable price:-) high quality produce served at a high standard. Recommend this restaurant as a must when in Bali! Look forward to coming again next time and will be telling friends to pop in. Also we enjoyed the personal touch of the owner taking time to come and chat.

2  Thank Mogs86
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I was lucky enough to be staying at the magnificent Colony Hotel for the weekend and so a short stroll out of my room was all it took and I was at Urchin. Kathy the Manager was incredibly welcoming and immediately put me at ease as I was dining by myself. The food was exquisite and every bite was a "melt in the mouth" moment. It was so good that I went back the following night. The finishing touches were exquisite, from the beautiful home made bread to the ice water served immediately without asking. Service was attentive and friendly. I'm dying to try dessert, but both times I could not fit it in!
As nearly a local, this is one restaurant I will be insisting my friends and family eat at. I can't wait to go back and try again in July ( and maybe one of those desserts) .

1  Thank JulieMuir

Been to Urchin Bali? Share your experiences!