After our wedding we had planned our Honeymoon to Bali and Koh Samui.
For the first nights of our Honeymoon, we planned to stay in a luxurious hotel with a private villa, and booked a private pool villa in Villa Seminyak Estate.
Considering the hotel prices in Bali and the price that we booked the hotel, we had very high expectations.
Our deal was the Honeymoon package with a Wedding Ceremony etc..
But the Hotel was really really poor, the reception area is not better than a Hostel that you can stay for 10USD a night. As we enter the hotel, there was another couple having a discussion with Hotel receptionist, they left the Hotel saying that this Hotel is not want they booked and payed for. Not the best Start for the dream vacation!
Well, we wait at the lousy reception for about 30 minutes, for the Hotel staff to prepare the check-in documents. We looked around and decided that we should have a back up plan and checked other alternatives in Bali from our laptop at the reception. And sadly for us (since we paid in advance) we had find many hotel with better reviews with in the same price range.
Finally we went to our "luxurious Private Villa", I have to admit it is quite big, it has a very large pool, it has a huge garden. But the room was pretty dirty, they were some stains over the bed, over th couch etc... The walls were dirty. Everything in room (TV, Stereo, Beds,) was old.
The hotel was anything but a paradise or a romantic gateway.
Well finally we had called our travel agency, to cancel our reservation but we were told that we can only get a refund for the 2nd and 3rd nights (we were staying for 3 nigths) and they will need to charge us for the first night even if we do not stay.
We looked at the room again, got a refund from our agency for the rest of the nights and left the hotel without even staying for the night we had paid.
We end up in a very very nice hotel in Seminyak, Oberio Hotel. We paid less for the Ocean Room (Not a Villa, but much much nicer) The hotel was on the beach, Perceft service. That was a paradise
As a couple we do not consider ourselves to be very picky on the hotels, we mostly stay in Hostel during our travels and we pay accordingly. When we book for an Luxurious hotel, we did expect a certain level of service and cleanliness, Villa Seminyak did not meet our expectation.
The rooms are big but that's about it... We stayed in 2 other Hotels in Bali, and considering their service level, Villa Seminyak is a very very poor Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Bali: Villa Seminyak Estate & Spa awaits you with a combination of traditional and Luxury private pool villas with private swimming pools, is the perfect group or family villa, Honeymoon, Holidays, and vacation choice for a memorable get together with friends or for your family holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa Seminyak Estate & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Seminyak Estate And Spa
- Villa Seminyak Estate Hotel Seminyak
- Villa Seminyak Estate & Spa Bali