“Ahhh.. this is the life”
other travelers have booked this property
Wrap around pool with water feature on the wall
TV/living area Front terrace lounge area
Check Availability
Front terrace lounge area
Indoor/outdoor dining/living
Living/TV area
French provincial kitchen
View from garden looking in
Master bedroom separate from the house
Pool
Upstairs bedroom
View from bedroom two
Downstairs bathroom
House at night
Pool with master bedroom at back
One of the corner 'daybed' sofas
Kitchen/dining
Entrance looking towards lounge
Master bedroom with office corner
Sun area at night
Sun lounge area
Ceilings
L-shaped pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
baNANAdes...
Perth, Australia
“Ahhh.. this is the life”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

The villa is set back at the end of a small dirt road/driveway on a very busy street (which means taxis drive past every couple of minutes - very handy). You would probably miss it if you didnt know where you were going, As you drive through to the residence, you would be amazed as all the hustle and bustle of the street melts away into a serene and tranquil villa surrounded by rice fields. The location was perfect! COuldnt ask for much more as taxis drive past every few minutes, minimart located across the street. The staff were always warm and friendly. Not as many mosquitos as i expected but the staff always lit coils for us. We made full use of the pool at all times of the day/night which was definitely a highlight for us!
4 Stars:
We were so excited when we walked in as everything looked perfect-luxury! The downstairs bedroom and bathroom were absolutely gorgeous and would love to come back to stay as a romantic getaway for 2 and would get 5 stars. However, as we were a group of 4 girls, 2 of us shared the upstairs bedroom/bathroom. The downstairs bedroom was humongous and pure luxury. In comparison the bedroom upstairs seemed so plain and ordinary and the bathroom would flood every time i showered, the mirror was tiny. We ended up sharing the downstairs bathroom with the other girls.
The geckos were everywhere and also defecated everywhere, this did not bother me but may bother some.

Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Mar 17, 2014
Hi Hana

Thank you very much for your review and for your comments which are in fact issues we are already taking into account.

The villa in fact was built as my home while I was on sabbatical so I put a smaller more modest bedroom upstairs for friends and family (smaller but with a fab view!) and you're right - not nearly the size of the master bedroom which, as it had my office and piano room as part of it, is ridiculously large (but in a good way!)

As I moved to France last year and we decided to rent the villa out permanently we are now addressing the issues of glamourising the upstairs bathroom and refurbing the bathroom (including the wee lake that can form on the floor during long showers)

The geckos are a part of life in Bali and they manage to eat many of the mosquitos that are fortunately not a big problem in the villa. Their defecation is dry (thankfully) and the staff are pretty adept at making sure they rid the villa of the little problems (the defecation, not the geckos) during the several cleans per day that they do for each villa

We're so happy, apart from that, that you enjoyed your stay

Many thanks

Linda, Ash and all the Sitara Villa Group staff
Sydney
Reviewed December 8, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Dec 8, 2013
Hi Anthony

Thank you for your review and also for choosing Sitara Villa Group for your wedding guests. We all really enjoyed having you stay and wish you only happy moments in your marriage!

France
Reviewed September 16, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Apr 19, 2014
It was an absolute pleasure! And we're so thrilled your trip was so successful in part as a result of choosing Villa Shanti and our ever-helpful staff who are there to help with everything

I'm so glad you enjoyed your first holiday to Bali and really hope we can welcome you back another time

Linda, Ash and our wonderful Sitara Villa staff
amsterdam
Reviewed September 12, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Sep 12, 2013
Hi Erno

Thank you for your review and we're really happy you both enjoyed your 3 week stay with us

Hopefully we will see you back in Bali some time

Best wishes
Ash, Linda and the Sitara Villa Group staff
Singapore
Reviewed September 12, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

A romantic getaway
Sep 12, 2013
Hi Roshni

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and that you loved so much about the villa

We will definitely look into the bed cover to disguise the gekko droppings, I guess we have become so accustomed to it, living in Bali... but it is certainly an easy problem to deal with

We do normally have a hanging cupboard in the room you were in, however it had been sent out for repainting and had not arrived back in time for your stay - I promise next time you're back, you'll have a hanging rail!

It's been a pleasure dealing with you over the months and we look forward to welcoming you back

Bosh M
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Excellent Villa! We have enjoyed the accommodation and hospitality. The villa was close enough from the main street yet very quiet surrounded by few rice paddies. The villa was exactly as described and dealing with the owners and staff was very easy. Would definitely recommend to family and friends and will be back again.
The location is very close to centre of Seminyak and plenty of taxis available.

Tip: Excellent coffee in a coffee shop next to the Mini Mart on the Jalan Raya Keobokan St.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Design of the villa - dream home :)
Liked least: Nothing I can think of...
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Aug 1, 2013
Hi Bosh

We really enjoyed having you stay at Villa Shanti - and thank you so much for the review. You're right, the small pieces of rice paddy we've managed to hold on to do give a sense of an oasis in the midst of the bustle that is Bali!

We look forward to welcoming you back anytime

Japan
Reviewed June 10, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Jun 10, 2013
Hi Lizzie

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Villa Shanti. I'm so happy you enjoyed your time there, and I know the staff certainly enjoyed having you as a guest! I must say - given that Shanti was my home villa - I do miss the enormous bed (they're in short supply here in France!)

Given our many conversations I feel like I know you and look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Bali

Linda, Ash and all the staff
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing