From the point of contact at the airport upon pickup right through to checking out, the service was brilliant,. The stay... relaxing and enjoyable. The 1bedroom villa was lovely and the layout suited a trio of girlfriends just perfectly with the order of an extra bed. We spent a majority of our time hanging out in the living area overlooking the pool enjoying the extra space you dont get in a hotel room or large resort. This enabled one of us to have a rest and the others to still enjoy the space. We felt the villa gave us plenty of privacy and although they were fully booked, we never heard any other guests. We throughly enjoyed having our breakfast cooked for us each morning and ordering in room service was cheap and enjoyable.... The overall stay was enjoyable... but... and i say this without sounding too negative... there were a few things i could get picky about if i were a resort critic and looking for 5 star luxury. However given the price we paid, compared to some other villas i'd researched and considered, we feel we definately got our moneys worth. So if you are looking for 5 star +, perhaps consider eleswhere but expect to pay somewhat more. It was just minor things we noticed like a chipped tile, discolouration of paint in some areas, one of the decking boards sunk when we stepped on it, the mirror blackening around the edges, that sort of thing... as i said, just minor things... the villas are not looking 'brand new' and sparkling as shown on the website but you must consider that they are a few years old so are a little tired. however the great open space, extremely comfy bed and beautiful soft linen, quietness of the area, and open spance bathroom certainly out weighed any tiredness the villa presented.
The one and only thing that i gripe about is upon checkout we had a bit of a dilema. There was a new staff on in training and with the language barrier and him not truly understanding the eftpos system he could not process payment on my visa card. He also had trouble processing my friends card and we only were able to use my other friends card to check out which meant she had to cover the cost for all three of us. Then (because the staff member was new) somehow charged us twice....! it was a problem at the time and kept us waiting and worrying for about an hour, but since has been rectified and funds are being transfered back.
Would i stay there again? if it hadnt been for the problematic checkout - sure... but given this i'm not sure if i'd trust that i'd be able to make payment upon checkout.
if you do stay here... some tips....
- shopping along the main strip wasnt all its cracked up to be. Do check out saturday and sunday markets at seminyak square.
- Geneva Department Store is a great one stop shop full of everything you'd find at markets and matahari and discovery plaza but on a much cheaper scale and prices are already preset so no bartering required.
- The Living Room is beautiful and divine - food is 5+ Star!!! Order the duck breast!
- The Hu'u Bar (opposite living room) is a great spot to enjoy a drink, has big cushions on lawn set amongst fairy lit trees to chill out on.
- Be sure to book the driver if you have plans, dont expect him to be available all the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The delightful Bhavana Bali offers sixteen delightful private villas set in immaculate walled gardens each with a private pool, a semi outdoor lounge area with a functional kitchenette, dining area and air-conditioned bedrooms.Modeled after traditional houses found in Bali and Java, the villas are built, furnished and decorated using local timber, tiles, fabrics and artifacts - blended with a modern-minimalist edge.Each has its own private pool, semi outdoor lounge with a kitchen and dining area. In the midst of fashionable Seminyak, the Bhavana - Private Villas are only minutes away from Seminyak beach offering daily spectacular sunsets which can be viewed from delightful beachside cafes and bars.Seminyak is also a world class shopping, dine out and nightlife destination with several of Asia’s best restaurants, bars and discotheques offering something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bhavana Private Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bhavana Private Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Aston Bhavana Hotel
- Aston Bhavana Resort
- Sesari Bali
- Bhavana Private Villas Bali/Seminyak