We stayed at Bhavana Villas for 10 days and loved it. We have been to Bali many times before but this time wanted to try a different type of accommodation. We would normally have stayed in a large 4 or 5 star hotel in Kuta or Legian but chose Bhavana private villas and were very impressed with the service and facilities. Everything was exactly as portrayed on the website. I was sceptical when I booked it but it truly was exactly as the website stated.
The villas are on a small side road (pot holed and bumpy) in Seminyak, walking distance to some very nice restaurants and shops. A taxi into the heart of Kuta only cost about 25,000 Rupiah which is less than $5 AUD. So for just a few dollars you can enjoy the peace and tranquility of Seminyak but still be close to the hectic hustle and bustle of Kuta. If you want to be in amongst the action, then maybe Seminyak is not the place for you. If you want to relax in the privacy of a walled compound with a sparkling pool and luxurious gardens then Bhavana Villas is the right place.
The villas are not new but are well kept. I have read other travellers' reviews and some have mentioned worn or old linens but our towels etc were fluffy and smelled beautifully clean and fresh every morning. The staff were efficient, friendly and always smiling. Breakfast was cooked for us in our villa every morning at the pre-arranged time. The pool was more than large enough for our needs and so convenient. In the larger hotels using the pool is often quite stressful as other people's children are running about, screaming or jumping on you, when all you really want to do is relax and enjoy a nice swim. At Bhavana Villas, the pool is your own and we enjoyed ours at all times of the day from 8 am until 11pm. There was no time restrictions. The villas do not have a bar or a restaurant on site but the room service menu is quite extensive and very competitively priced. The local convenience stores all sell alcohol and soft drinks which can be kept in your refrigerator.
While in Bali, I celebrated my birthday. My partner arranged with the hotel staff to fill the pool with beautiful flowers while we were out at the Safari Park. What a surprise when we returned to our villa, then we had a wonderful candlelit dinner by the poolside. The next morning, the pool boys returned to clear all the flowers from the pool and within 20 minutes it was all back to normal again. A fantastic memory of a beautiful relaxing holiday at the Bhavana villas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The delightful Bhavana Bali offers sixteen delightful private villas set in immaculate walled gardens each with a private pool, a semi outdoor lounge area with a functional kitchenette, dining area and air-conditioned bedrooms.Modeled after traditional houses found in Bali and Java, the villas are built, furnished and decorated using local timber, tiles, fabrics and artifacts - blended with a modern-minimalist edge.Each has its own private pool, semi outdoor lounge with a kitchen and dining area. In the midst of fashionable Seminyak, the Bhavana - Private Villas are only minutes away from Seminyak beach offering daily spectacular sunsets which can be viewed from delightful beachside cafes and bars.Seminyak is also a world class shopping, dine out and nightlife destination with several of Asia’s best restaurants, bars and discotheques offering something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bhavana Private Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bhavana Private Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Aston Bhavana Hotel
- Aston Bhavana Resort
- Sesari Bali
- Bhavana Private Villas Bali/Seminyak