“Beyond my expectations”

Ranked #107 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Milan, Italy
“Beyond my expectations”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I decided to have a weekend gateaway for valentine's day with my bf at the last minute. My choice goes to Bhavana for the reasonable price and its location. I didn't have a lot of expectations due to the so-so reviews and I was wrong! I am totally happy and satisfied to stayed there. I booked one bedroom villa but they've upgraded our room to 2 bedrooms villa.The staff are very helpful and friendly, the villa is very spacey, they even decorated the bed and bathtub with rose petals.

The only minus.. you can hear people voices from the villa next to you if you get the villa in the middle. For me, it doesn't bother me much. I suggest you ask for the room in the corner if you want more quiet surroundings.

If you're looking for villas that is very close to the beach maybe this is not the one. If you're looking for comfortable and nice accommodation close to seminyak street then this is the one.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reni D, General Manager at Bhavana Private Villas, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Ms. Ayu,

Thank you for taking time to post in your comment form during your recent stay at Bhavana Private Villas.

It is with pleasure to learn that most of our services have met your expectations. Your comments are very much appreciated as they contribute tremendously in keeping up staff motivation.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback.

All of us here at the Bhavana Private Villas look forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.

Bhavana Private Villas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Picked up at the Airport and checked into our Villa (11) one bedroom.

Chose to go in the "wet" season so we had our fair share of rain, which was on and off during the day, no problem with the umbrellas supplied in our room.

The Villa was large, clean and comfortable with adequate air conditioning/fans and the private pool a real treat.

The staff were fantastic, friendly and always smiled, with breakfast cooked in our Villa daily,

Room Tip: All 1 & 2 bedroom Villas are very spacious.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Bruce,

I am glad that the team has served you well. And I am happy to learn that you are happy with your stay. I pass your comment to our staff to keep their motivation high. It is always a great pleasure to all of us in Bhavana, knowing that our guest are satisfied with the service we offer.

Surely, we are looking forward to welcome you back in Bhavana, hopefully in not to distance future,

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was recently on holiday in Bali and had pre reserved accommodation in Bhavana Villa's. Judging by the pictures annd reviews, the villas seem great, however, upon arrival, we were sent to our two bedroom villa and were appalled at the terrible condition of the place. the semi outdoor lounge was dirty and old. the bathrooms were dirty and filled with leaves. the shower was coated with grime. the bedding had a very unpleasant odour and was stained, it was impossible to sleep with the permanent stench from the pillows. the breakfast tasted terrible. the dishes in the villa were in a terrible state. After one night at the villa we resorted to moving to the W hotel which was great. we are still awaiting news on a refund. overall, these villas were the worst accommodation we've ever booked. The villas are said to be 1km away from the beach and in close proximity to restaurants etc, however its necessary to take a shuttle to these.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Natisha N
Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying at Bhavana and thank you for your review.

I regret to learn that you are not happy with your stay and I do value your comment. I have take a necessary action following your advised on the villa and we aim to make it better. A lot is going on in Bhavana, and we are confidence that we'll be able to serve you better.

Regarding the leaves in the bathroom, it is coming from the alang-alang roof, We clean t every day however it will fall when it rain. You may also see leaves in the living room as during December - February it would be very windy and there might be some debris from the roof, however the villa is cleaned everyday. The semi outdoor bedroom might look dump after the rain, all our guest can always call the staff to clean it up whenever necessary.

Our dishes might not meet your high standard, however we could assure you we use the hotel standard and we do maintain every single day. It might need an intensive cleaning as we offer an open space, therefore it might get dirty very quick especially when its windy. Again we offer a housekeeping service to the guest. The furniture was just re-furnished the previous month, if it look like an old furniture, it is because we would like to maintain classical Balinese look. From your comment I believe you are not a fan of such style and might prefer a modern style villa. I would not compare Bhavana Private Villas with The W Hotel as both property offer a complete different style.

We are indeed located only about 1 kilometer away from the Petitenget beach. Most of our guest who are active would prefer to walk and have a look around as there are shops and restaurant along the way, taxi and complimentary shuttle also available. You can contact the reception for the arrangement.

As for your payment, We only charge you for one night, although normally we would charge a full stay for a last minute cancellation. The arrangement was made before you submitted your comment online. We have check with you agent and we have a written confirmation that the agent did not charge you full charge. I would suggest you to contact your agent to find out more about your payment.

Although you are not happy on your first stay, I do hope that you would give us the pleasure of welcome you back at BHAVANA for your next trip to Bali

Again, thank you for staying with us.

BHAVANA PRIVATE VILLAS
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Absolutely loved Bhavana Villas. From the moment we were picked up at the airport we were made to feel very welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they were always eager to please. A special mention to Bang Bang who looked after us superbly. He greeted us at the airport and drove us to the villas. He organised trips for us and answered any questions we had during our stay. He is such an asset to the villas and really helped to set the tone of our wonderful stay.
We had a 1 bedroom villa and it was huge. The bed was super comfy and the air conditioning in the bedroom was a god send. Each night the staff came in and closed the mosquito net around the king size four poster bed and we felt like movie stars sleeping in it. They lit mosquito coils in the bedroom and out by the pool and outdoor living area. We had no problem with mosquitos at all. We slept soundly each night. The outdoor bathroom is very luxurious.
The kitchen and lounge are both outdoor too and overlook the private pool and sundeck. The pool and the gardens in our villa were amazing and so beautiful. It was such a treat to be able to be able to jump into our private pool any time day or night. No one else can see you so did the occasional swim without the bathers. We found we couldn't wait to get back to the villa after exploring or walking around and getting hot and bothered to get in the pool and cool off.
We could even watch TV and listen to music while floating around in the pool. The stereo had an ipod connector which was great. There is another TV in the bedroom with a DVD player.
My favourite thing to do during my stay was to go for a swim in the morning to wake up just before the butler arrived to cook our breakfast in the villa. Certainly wakes you up. The breakfast was delicious and we felt so spoilt having the butler cook it for us right in our own villa. The food was fresh and it's cooked right in front of you while you wait. It takes them about 15 minutes to cook it so I would have a shower after my swim and then it was ready and waiting. I thought the breakfast selections were great. You could have American breakfast, Continental, Eggs Benedict, Pancakes and Traditional Indonesian one which we didn't try. All came with juice, tea or coffee, fresh fruit, toast and pastries.
The room also came with an international electricity power point adaptor which was a nice touch. I brought one with me but needn't have bothered. Meant my partner and I could charge our devices at the same time.
We stayed here for 2 lots of 2 nights (We did a 2 night trip to Gili Trewangan in the middle of our stay). So we got to experience 2 different villas (14 & 16). They were basically the same but the gardens were slightly different in each however both were just as beautiful as each other. The lighting in the pool area and garden at night was also lovely.
I've just arrived back at home and missing my pool. If I go back to Bali I will definitely stay here again. I was blown away by this place and can't fault it at all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MagellanMelbourne
Reni D, General Manager at Bhavana Private Villas, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Sir,

On behalf of Bhavana Team, I would like to thank you for your time to submit your comment regarding your recent stay. I have forward your regard to Bambang and he respond with a huge smile on his face.

Melbourne
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Currently staying here for 12 day stay. Lovely clean villa, off gang in Oberoi street, alongside Ultimo. Vila tastefully decorated, nice pool and great breakfast and good service. Staff lovely, any problems have been rectified immediately. Would I stay here again? Most definatly, location great and villa 4 star.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
melbourne
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Bhavana Private Villa is not the most modern or new place we've stayed in but very clean and tidy.

It was our first time in Bali and first time I did a lot of activities. There was a young girl at reception, EVERY day we asked her to book us activities and restaurants (we stayed there 3 nights). Activities in the morning on all days, lunch and dinner reservations as well. She did not have an issue with any of this. She had booked us EVERYTHING we had asked. We didn't get her name but if you do ever meet her, you'll know that it's her. Everything we asked, she'd reply "certainly or certainly sir". Such lovely services overall.

One disappointing thing about Bhavana was, breakfast and room service was not edible. Food tasted artificial. Could not eat or drink anything. We both ended up skipping breakfast. But good effort for coming into our villa every morning and cooking it for us.

We asked them to clean our pool and it was clean before you know it. They were quick to attend to us.

We ask for restaurant recommendations and staff had recommended a seafood restaurant in Jimbaran. Dewata Cafe was exceptional. The locals know what's going on. Shabby looking place but food was amazingly fresh.
Best service we have had in Bali. I'll really miss that from Bhavana. No one else in Bali has been this helpful.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AlanaDoan
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Bhavana Villas from the 3rd to 10th September and have run out of superlatives for the place, in particular the truly world class service the staff give you from the moment you arrive.

Our one bedroom villa (no 4) was beautifully presented with a private pool and gorgeous traditional Balinese furniture. In particular we liked the semi - outdoor living and kitchen area and the bathroom to rear of the villa, complete with sunken bath and outdoor shower. The four poster bed was comfy and the hotel staff offer a turn-down service every night whereby they flick the lights on, open out the mosquito net around the bed and lay mosquito repellant down. The swimming pool was cleaned every day, and was bliss after a long day in the humidity or for waking up in the morning.

The breakfast crew were great, they come into your villa and cook whatever you want - another perk you won't get at a regular hotel. The room was cleaned daily with spotless efficiency, to the point that our clothes were being folded up for us. They made such an effort for us, and we can't thank them enough - my girlfriend was feeling sick and they sent round a lovely bunch of flowers free of charge to perk her up!

The food was reasonable, the massages good.

I've read reviews on here that have complaints about various aspects like unclean pools etc, but sometimes things like that happen. Don't be put off by the haters, this really is a fantastic place to stay, and we can't wait to come back. Thank you Bhavana! Ben & Melody. X

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple