What a place! Bhavana started off great with a free airport transfer. When we landed in Bali, the driver was waiting for us. He was incredibly friendly and personable. When we were driving to the villas, it was a bit sketchy since it is off the main road and looks like you are in the middle of nowhere at first. When we pulled in and walked into the reception, we were already impressed. A beautiful open air reception and incredibly friendly staff. While we completed the registration, they brought us a welcome drink and took our luggage into the room.
When we were taken to the room they had turned down the room (it was 9pm). The pool was lit and very pretty. It was a bit dirty, but it had rained that day so it looked like debris. We asked them to clean it and it was cleaned the next day while we were out. The only problem was that the pool was pretty cold so we didn't go in it too often. The open air living area was perfect to hang out in and they had lit mosquito coils that worked surprisingly well. The bedroom was perfect! High peaked ceilings and the bed had a mosquito net around it. The bathroom was a dream. I loved being able to shower and look at the stars or the puffy white clouds.
During the week, we were in and out of the place. I'm pretty sure they watched when we left and came in and only 1 day we ran into the cleaning service. They did a wonderful job. All the little things were taken care of such as refilling the shower gel in the clay pot.
Breakfast was good, but got a bit boring towards the end of our stay as the menu is a bit limited. However, they don't have a restaurant and it is understandable to not have a ton of choices. They come in and cook your breakfast and it was great! Room service is available 24 hours a day and the menu is extensive and everything we got was good.
The location was also perfect for us. It was just a 5-10 minute walk to the main strip and 15-20 minutes from the beach. There were also a bunch of little restaurants and bars on the way to the main strip so whatever you wanted was very accessible.
The day we left, they brought us to the airport and on the way we asked to stop at the store. The gentleman driving us said absolutely and had no problem. When we got to the airport as well he dropped us off in the "VIP" section, which meant we didn't have to walk far to check in. We had a lot of luggage so that was perfect as well.
The one thing that the hotel should tell people when they are leaving is to make sure they have 150,000 rupiah per person as an airport fee. The girl told me when we were checking out because I said I wanted to use the cash that I had left and it reminded her to tell me about the 150,000. However, it's per person, so I ended up having to take out more money for my husband. I know its not the hotel's responsibility, but I think it would be something useful for people to know and a nice little touch!
All in all we were just so impressed with the service. Anything we asked for they attended to promptly and was always resolved.
Such a great place and a great honeymoon. I would most certainly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The delightful Bhavana Bali offers sixteen delightful private villas set in immaculate walled gardens each with a private pool, a semi outdoor lounge area with a functional kitchenette, dining area and air-conditioned bedrooms.Modeled after traditional houses found in Bali and Java, the villas are built, furnished and decorated using local timber, tiles, fabrics and artifacts - blended with a modern-minimalist edge.Each has its own private pool, semi outdoor lounge with a kitchen and dining area. In the midst of fashionable Seminyak, the Bhavana - Private Villas are only minutes away from Seminyak beach offering daily spectacular sunsets which can be viewed from delightful beachside cafes and bars.Seminyak is also a world class shopping, dine out and nightlife destination with several of Asia’s best restaurants, bars and discotheques offering something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bhavana Private Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bhavana Private Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Aston Bhavana Hotel
- Aston Bhavana Resort
- Sesari Bali
- Bhavana Private Villas Bali/Seminyak