“Fantastic Honeymoon!”

Bhavana Private Villas
Ranked #107 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed August 3, 2013

What a place! Bhavana started off great with a free airport transfer. When we landed in Bali, the driver was waiting for us. He was incredibly friendly and personable. When we were driving to the villas, it was a bit sketchy since it is off the main road and looks like you are in the middle of nowhere at first. When we pulled in and walked into the reception, we were already impressed. A beautiful open air reception and incredibly friendly staff. While we completed the registration, they brought us a welcome drink and took our luggage into the room.
When we were taken to the room they had turned down the room (it was 9pm). The pool was lit and very pretty. It was a bit dirty, but it had rained that day so it looked like debris. We asked them to clean it and it was cleaned the next day while we were out. The only problem was that the pool was pretty cold so we didn't go in it too often. The open air living area was perfect to hang out in and they had lit mosquito coils that worked surprisingly well. The bedroom was perfect! High peaked ceilings and the bed had a mosquito net around it. The bathroom was a dream. I loved being able to shower and look at the stars or the puffy white clouds.
During the week, we were in and out of the place. I'm pretty sure they watched when we left and came in and only 1 day we ran into the cleaning service. They did a wonderful job. All the little things were taken care of such as refilling the shower gel in the clay pot.
Breakfast was good, but got a bit boring towards the end of our stay as the menu is a bit limited. However, they don't have a restaurant and it is understandable to not have a ton of choices. They come in and cook your breakfast and it was great! Room service is available 24 hours a day and the menu is extensive and everything we got was good.
The location was also perfect for us. It was just a 5-10 minute walk to the main strip and 15-20 minutes from the beach. There were also a bunch of little restaurants and bars on the way to the main strip so whatever you wanted was very accessible.
The day we left, they brought us to the airport and on the way we asked to stop at the store. The gentleman driving us said absolutely and had no problem. When we got to the airport as well he dropped us off in the "VIP" section, which meant we didn't have to walk far to check in. We had a lot of luggage so that was perfect as well.
The one thing that the hotel should tell people when they are leaving is to make sure they have 150,000 rupiah per person as an airport fee. The girl told me when we were checking out because I said I wanted to use the cash that I had left and it reminded her to tell me about the 150,000. However, it's per person, so I ended up having to take out more money for my husband. I know its not the hotel's responsibility, but I think it would be something useful for people to know and a nice little touch!
All in all we were just so impressed with the service. Anything we asked for they attended to promptly and was always resolved.
Such a great place and a great honeymoon. I would most certainly recommend it!

Room Tip: Villa 1 was perfect as it was close to reception but still private and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren S
Reni D, General Manager at Bhavana Private Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Lauren,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write such a wonderful review on Bhavana Private Villas, All the staffs are delighted to learn that you do enjoy your stay with us.

At Bhavana, we aim to give the best service possible for all our guests and partners. In July we renovate most of the villa, all project are done in silence, most of the guest would not even notice that project is running around the villas.

We've done all the refurbish program, when you come back in hopefully not to distance future, we will have a well maintained villa.

Do not hesitate to contact us for your future holiday, We, at Bhavana would love to welcome you home.

There are newer reviews for Bhavana Private Villas

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I would like to say thank you to the wonderful staff at Bhavana! You all made my special trip even more special!! The villa is just as I hopped from the pictures, and the location was perfect! We all loved the pool and we were in it at least 2 times a day! We are a family of 4 2 adults and 2 kids 9 and 14. The 2 separate rooms really allow the adults to have a vacation wile being there with the family! I would recommend this villa to anyone looking for a great home and location for your trip to BALI!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy S

Dear Amy,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to submit such a wonderful time regarding your recent stay at Bhavana Private Villas. I am delighted to learn that the whole family have such enjoyable time.

The two bedroom villa indeed perfect for families with children. For younger children, we event provide pool fence free of charge.

We are doing a lot of refurbish program in silence when you are here. So when you come back, you will see a well maintained villa with ne amenities.

The team will certainly look forward to welcome you home in hopefully not to distance future

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were in the last villa on the left at the end of the pathway, and it was a shocker.
As we entered , a young guy said he was fixing the pool filter , he then left without fixing it.
We then checked the place out, pool was dirty with slime and debris obviously the filter had not been working for some time.Cigarette butts in garden and outdoor bathroom as well as in the water feature that had no water in it. outdoor fan did not work,after a call a guy rewired it and it worked on one speed none stop. the mozzy net over the bed was full of dust and had bird droppings on it, and the place was grubby and tired.We stayed one night and decided our holiday is to short to waste time somewhere this bad. We left and went to kunja villas around a few corners (fantastic check it out) A refund was offered but not received . SURPRISE..SURPRISE. staff were friendly enough, the place is old and i think the photo's must have been taken a long time ago or photo shopped. Some reviews seem a bit fishy!!. So many good villas around, GIVE THIS ONE A MISS!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank graeme t
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We just returned home from an amazing trip to Seminyak, staying at Bhavana. I confess after reading the reviews after booking, I was a little nervous as to what we'd upon arrival. All I can say is that we were blown away!!! We had booked a 7 night trip to Bali and loved it so much we extended our stay. Our Villa was a huge part of that decision. We absolutely loved it!!! We got a great deal for our stay. The pool was sensational after a long, hot, sticky day of exploring. The bed was sooo comfy and the outdoor living room perfect for the two of us. Most importantly, the staff... They were amazing! So accommodating, so friendly, so helpful! They became a little like family, which I'm sure they'll become when we return, which we most certainly will! Yes, the "bumpy road" needs work but it was graded (which we didn't hear!) during our stay which is evidence that management are onto the problem. The location is fantastic, close to Eat St but quiet and tranquil. I could rave all day about Bhavana Private Villas! loved it, loved it! Loved it!!! We will be back! Suksema so very much to all the staff who looked after us during our stay! X

• Stayed: May 2013
Reni D, General Manager at Bhavana Private Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to submit your comment regarding your recent stay at Bhavana Private Villas.

I am happy to learn that you are happy with your stay. And that you have no hesitation to recommend us to your family and friend.

To give you a good news. The "bumpy road" is long gone. We have a smooth access road now. The villa is well maintained now, all furniture are re-furnished, New mattresses, Hi-Fi and sunbed. All wall are regularly re-painted. I am sure that you'll be even happier when you come back on your next holiday.

Once again, thank you for for staying with us. All of us here at the Bhavana Private Villas look forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The whole experience for this villa is made fabulous by the service staff...they are nice locals whom are friendly and have the willing to help attitude.... whenever I request for anything, they would do it almost instantly wothout much delay...their efficiency impresses me as I work in service line similar to theirs...I know what's a prompt reponse when I see one....very decent and helpful bunch...will definitely go back again...

• Stayed: May 2013
Reni D, General Manager at Bhavana Private Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Mr/s Sieh,,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for write your comment on TripAdvisor. I am very happy that you are satisfied with your stay and that the staff served you well.

We are expecting a brand new road within the next few weeks or so, all the worker, the equipment and road material are started to come and a sign saying that the government assign a local contractor to fix the road is placed on the edge of our road. We are so exited about it. We are looking forward to upload the photos of the new road soon :)

When you came back, no more bumpy road.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Old hotel badly maintained. I was electrocuted by my bedside lamp and there was no security system (miliampere meter) to stop the current.The handle of my room was broken nobody repeared it during the three long and bad days I spent in this villa. The steps of the swimming pool were so slippery because nobody clean them that my mother couldn't take a bath during all our stay. The road to arrive at the hotel was impraticable and full off potholes. Fortunately the staff was nice. The last day the manager came to see us and was so sorry for all these bad events thank you miss but it's not enough!!!! we payed 1042 australian dollars for this two bedrooms villa (expansive for this period in Bali)

Room Tip: pass your way the villas are to hold and too expansive for the quality
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PIERRE B
Reni D, General Manager at Bhavana Private Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Mr. Boyer,

Thank you for staying at Bhavana and thank you for your review.

I regret to learn that you are not happy with your stay and I do value your comment. I have take a necessary action following your advised on our meeting in the villa. We have check the wiring in the villa and villa no 9 is currently closed for total re-wiring. A safety panel is available in all villas since beginning, apparently one of our technician failed to set up the panel correctly when preparing the villa on your arrival. I have hire a professional technician to do the re-wiring and we have guarantee that no such accident will occur in the future. The staff also receive a training to be sure that he would be able to prevent such event in the future.

A lot is going on in Bhavana, and we are confidence that we'll be able to serve you better.

Although you are not happy on your first stay, I do hope that you would give us the pleasure of welcome you back at BHAVANA for your next trip to Bali

Again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Firstly, the staff are so helpful, happy and try to accomodate your every need. Everything you ask for...in Bali time...they try to achieve. Even when we all got sick, they kindly delivered litres of guava juice for the kids which is meant to help them!!
We booked the villa off Agoda- the pictures looked fantastic but on closer examination, the villa is old and tired, the pool was a good size but the tiles were cracked and there was often green mould on the tiles making them very slippery. We had to ask for the filter to run longer and for them to check the chemical levels, which they did.The bedrooms and bathrooms are big, the lounge area didn't really work as well as other villas as there were only 2 small wooden couches for 4 people. There is only room for 2 sun lounges which is hard for 4 people.The mosquitoes were pretty bad at 5pm onwards...they came to "defog" the rooms at about 6:30. The road out the front is really bad so it's hard to get a taxi....we usually walked to JL Oberoi which was ok and the Great location to the restaurant stripmade it bearable. Breakfasts are big, and quite a few choices although they use cordial "juice", the powdered kind I think. The staff again are so courteous and caring so it makes up for alot of the lack of attention to detail. Sounding picky, things like no facecloths or tea towels in the kitchen, not replacing tea etc daily, all small things but at $280/night(discounted) we have had better value in the past. As a family villa it was ok but I'd probably not go back as we have paid $200/night for better elsewhere.
Again this does not reflect on the staff who were all fabulous.

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa 10 which is about halfway down the long walkway- which did have a gorgeus simple...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Peta C

Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying with us during your holiday, it is a great pleasure to learn that the staff are helpful, although I regret to learn that you are not completely satisfied with our villas.

Bhavana have been serving our guest for 7 years and we agree that a regular maintenance needed to keep the property in its best shape. I do take your comment very seriously and ensure that a necessary action is taken.

Since you went home. A lot been going on in the property. New mattresses are installed in all bedrooms. New towels including face towels ordered and a new mosquito net arrived. We refurnished all the furniture to gain its best look. And an intensive trainings are given to all staff on how to maintain the property including the swimming pool and all area in the villa.

We continue having maintenance program throughout the property. We are confidence that we would be able to serve you better for your next visit.

A series of candid photos of the renovated villa will be up-loaded on trip advisor soon. I took the photo personally, although I might not be a good photographer, I am sure that it would give you a brief picture on our effort to maintain our property.

I surely hope that we would have the pleasure of welcome you back at BHAVANA again.

Kind regards,