“Great hidden treasure!”
Review of Heliconia Villas

Heliconia Villas
Ranked #95 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed March 9, 2011

We have just returned from Heliconia Villas, we stayed here for 3 nights after a busy wedding and another 5 nights with a bunch of people...this was bliss!
We had a one bedroom villa and as we walked down the driveway and into the villas we realised what a good choice we had made.
The bedroom with a king size bed is clean and simply decorated, you also get the lovely koi pond and gorgeous pebble featured bathroom. Great sized pool for 2 people and the outside area is lovely...and they bring your afternoon tea and breakfast.
We were here for Nyepi day (day of silence) however, staff were still around and provided breakfast and we cooked our own dinner in the little kitchenette.
Heliconia feels very safe and is very quiet being located well off the main road, the dogs are gorgeous and the people were just gorgeous. Such a bargain and a gem.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DuckersPerth
There are newer reviews for Heliconia Villas

Reviewed January 3, 2011

This was my second villa experience this year, earlier in the year I had stayed at the Bali Dream Villa suites, and I must say I really enjoyed this stay much more. The location is much better, you are right in the hub for great restaurants at night and wonderful boutique shopping of a day. The place is a little gem hidden a little down a wonderfully landscaped lane far away from street noise. The security was very comforting, including the gorgeous dog. This place really did do afternoon tea, delivered to your pool side, unlike Bali dream Villas, which gave me a strange look and a cuppa and a few bickies when I asked about it one afternoon even though it was to be included. Breakfast by the pool was wonderful and made us feel very spoilt which was much nicer than being harrassed over breaky at the other villas. Because Heliconia villas are wide rather than long and narrow, the pool got lots of sun and was therefore constantly warm and therefore utilised. It was a short walk down to the beach and It was no bother at all to get taxis to and from the place and they are cheap to get around to whereever desired. The interiors of each of the villas were somewhat similar, however I would have to admit that Bali Dream Villa Suits were probably just a little more plush with their great bathroom. We stayed in the one bedroom villa and it included outdoor bathroom and garden off the bedroom. We also looked through a two bedroom/two bathroom villa which was fantastic with a wonderful yard which I would also highly recommend. I liked the location as it was away from the rat race of Kuta but still easy access to my fave haunts. After nearly twenty trips to Bali, I would say this was my fave place every stayed. However in regard to to Indonesia in general, would have to say gili islands are the nicest at the moment. The villas still quote in US and charge in rupiah, therefore leaving you subject to their exchange rate if you dont have the local cash and want to pay by credit card.

5  Thank KezWall
Reviewed December 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed in Villa Heliconia for our honeymoon in June 2009. We had a fantastic time there. The villas are beautiful and we enjoyed out private pool alot. For room service, there is a great variety of delicious choices and we enjoyed our meals. My husband even managed to plan a surprise candlelight dinner for our first night.

The villa comes with daily breakfast and afternoon tea. The breakfast was delicious and there are so many types of breakfast to choose from. I personally like the Banana Pancakes and the Indonesian Fried Noodles. As for the afternoon tea, there are just two choices of Fried Bananas or Bananas Pancakes and it comes along with a teapot of fragrant tea.

Villa Heliconia is located near several restaurants, pubs and boutiques. We even managed to walk to Ku De Ta. When it comes to meals, we are spoilt for choices again. The staff(Sri) there are friendly and helpful. My husband got the front desk to plan a afternoon trip out to temples, Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary and Ubud and it was awesome! There were afternoons that we felt lazy and we just borrowed DVDs from the front desk and stayed in the comfortable room.

Overall, I find that Villa Heliconia is definitely a romantic, private and awesome place for couples. It is definitely the place I will stay in again when I return to Bali.

For pictures, view my blog:

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cloudee
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Stayed in a one-bedroom villa on 17-20 November 2010. This was my second stay at this property. A friend recommended this villa to me in 2009 when we were there to attend the wedding of our best friend. While most of the wedding party were staying at The Elysian, my friend selected this property because it is close to the wedding venue at Kudeta and cost a fraction of the price that the rest paid for their accommodation at The Elysian. Though there is a great difference in terms of style and sophisication as compared to the high-end resort, there is no lack of comfort, privacy, amenities and courtesies from the staff in this property. The property is well located to get to many good restaurants along Jalan Laksamana. Our favourites are Mykonos (Greek) and Kuni's (Japanese).

There are plenty of taxis that you can hail along the main road, which is 2 minutes walk from the main gate. Taxis run by the meter and are very cheap way of commuting to the beaches and some of the best restaurants in Seminyak/Oberoi area. Our taxi fare to Oberoi beach which is about 2.5km away cost only USD1!!!

The driveway leading to the entrance of the villa has plants and palm trees on both sides that makes you feel like you are entering an oasis the moment you step off the dusty and sometimes congested Jalan Laksamana. There is a resident dog by the name of Obi who greets you everytime you enter or leave the villa compound. To those who are afraid of dog, not to worry, Obi, a golden retreiver, is very tame and obedient and is always on restrain.

We had a one-bedroom villa for this visit, comprising a nice private pool, a foyer with comfortable sitting area, dining area and a kitchen, a very comfortable bedroom covered with high quality bed linen and an ensuite bathroom with 2 wash basins, a huge tub that 2 adults can fit in comfortably and a standing shower area.

When I stayed in the 2 bedroom villa during my visit in 2009, I found that the water from the tap had a funny smell of the sewage. However, this time round in a different villa, I did't have that problem with the water from the tap. They must have either fix the problem with a filter or the problem is isolated only to the particluar villa.

The only minor grouse I have is that there aren't enough hangers to hang clothes in the closet.

In any case, this has become my favourite place to stay in Bali and I am booking for a return visit in March 2011!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2010

We have just returned from a 3-night stay in this wonderful private villa in Seminyak, Bali. Location wise, it is off the busy and fashionable street of Jln Laksamana but was very quiet within the villa compounds. I would estimate the villa was about 1 km from the Seminyak beach but the 10-15 min walk to and from the beach was fun checking out the boutiques, cafes and other shops along the way.

The villa has a private pool in a very romantic setting offering total privacy to its occupants. It came with a kitchen too (which we never had to use because of the good, varied and affordable cuisines at cafes just outside, in addition to what the villa served). One could virtually spend the whole day within the villa lazing around whether outdoors or indoors, sun-bathing, taking a dip in the pool, having a meal, reading or even watching a movie (the villa offers dvd for free). Unfortunately we didn't have enough days to be doing so because of our planned activities outside.

The villa comes with daily breakfast and afternoon tea, which you can enjoy by the poolside. The breakfast was sumptuous with more than 9 pickings to choose from. They were served by the staff who were always joyful and polite and making us more than welcome. Our only grouse was that they changed our bath towels daily even though we had indicated we would want to re-use.

All in all, it had been top value for the very affordable rental rates they charged. I would come back anytime when I am visiting Bali again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yeowoh
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I have stayed with Heliconia (Two storey villa) thru the recommendation from my friend. The first day when we arrive our flight is delayed by 45mins and reached the villas around 10pm, but the staff still gave us a very warm welcome.

Heliconia is located along a stretch of resturants and pubs however it will not be as bustling as Nusa Dua but still able to satisfy your nightlife in Bali. I'm really very happy with their clean and spacious rooms but the only small problem is the water fountain outisde the room it seems to be faulty and it just wouldnt switch off thus its very disturbing and noisy at night.

Reviewed November 1, 2010

My last destination hotel in Bali. It is amazing when I arrive at the hotel since before entering the hotel territory, i feel I am selecting wrong place since the street is very noisy and I really worry I can't get a good rest here.

But after i enter the room, I find that I was wrong, the place is very quiet when compare to the street and the place make me very relax.

The super market is nearby and we can prepare the food at the kitchen easily I feel that we make the right choice since after 6 day trip at Bali, we really need a place where we can rest and recharge.

The only things that we hope that the hotel can be improve is the kitchen cleanliness since the cupboard in the kitchen is make us uncomfortable since is quite smelly.

We are enjoy that the facility provided and will consider to stay here again for my next trip to Bali.

1  Thank NiceGuy1997