The Seiryu Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$177
Courtyard by Marriott Bali Seminyak Resort(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$151
$370
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
$504
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$319
Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$300
Hotels.com
The Haven Bali(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$54
Hotels.com
$243
$673
All reviewsshiva roomloved the french toastbalinese touchescrazy seminyakgreat spot in seminyakbeautiful oasisboutique hotellounging by the poollovely poolwalking distancedeluxe rooma lovely place to stayamerican breakfastshort walk to the beachrooms are greatreception areatucked away
Reviewed January 19, 2010

My husband and 2 teenagers stayed here for the 2nd time and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Isabel the owner is a wonderful hostess. She is helpful and warm. Herman the manager is the same. The only negative is the pool is too warm to be refreshing. It needs more shade. Villa Karisa is central to everything, yet in a very quiet spot.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2010

1st day - pool wasnt clean and was like a hot bath, saw a rat in our bathroom. 2nd day - pool unusable, filter not working and no aircon. in rooms. Given use of another room to sleep in and used the garden hose to cool down. 3rd day - still no aircon in the Joglo House and told to move out because they had other people coming to stay! No discount for inconvenience (except 3 pancakes for breakfast and a cup of tea during our stay were taken off the account around $5) Not good value for the money!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 14, 2009

I stayed at Villa Karisa with group of 20- we've booked 10 rooms. Although the price is cheap, you're definitely can find better place in Seminyak. I'm Indonesian and I travelled in Bali with family and friends who are from overseas.

Problems:
1. When we arrived, there was no electricity. The owner explained that the generator in Java was blowned up- so it's Indonesian government's problem. I think the villa's generator is not big enough.We couldn't swim because the water was just too hot, it felt like you're having a hot bath (but that's ok).
There were about 4 rooms with no proper Air Conditioning. First, I thought it was because of the generator's problem but I would say that's because they have crap Air Con. It was setting for 16 degrees but what came out from it is only hot air!!!
The owner kept saying that this is Bali and it is hot. I've told her that I'm from Jakarta, I know what hot means!
We pay for basic needs- AC electricity and water (as advertised on the website).
Because the problem of the electricity, we also have problem with the water. At night, people can't read- basically, we couldn't do anything in the villa. We had no water to flush the toilet.grrrrr
Ok- I thought if AC is the problem, I can still accept that but there are more...

2. We saw rat was running around on the top ceiling, BIG RAT in the living room. Note: Living room is next to the kitchen. Hygiene???? Big question mark for that.

3. My friend's lamp didn't work- 1st try, he got electricity shock, 2nd try, the light was blown up in front of him. Where is the safety here???

4. The 3rd day we stayed there, I thought to myself and everyone that we should accept the heat, probably is not the villa's faults but wait for this...
My husband's relatives who are in mid 60's got electricity shock twice from the shower head.
I was so angry when i've heard this.... this is not about the heat anymore but it is about the safety and these people could die- not just because they're old but the electricity shock was in the bathroom. Water?

I've told the owner that stop blaming the government, it is obvious that they have problem with their wiring or whatever it is...!
I demanded refund for the rest of the money that we've paid and we moved to hotel the next day. We ended up staying at Pelangi Hotel which is only few minutes away. Cheaper- USD 65/night, COLD AIR CON (in 22 degrees) and full buffet breakfast.

My full 3 days stayed at Villa Karisa, I spent more time listened to my guest's problem about their water and AC or breakfast rather than being on holiday.
The worst thing is the manager NEVER around to talk to! The owner and manager didn't come to the guests and try to solve the problem.

My suggestion: Don't stay at Villa Karisa

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank honey6th
Reviewed November 9, 2009

These villas have a nice Balinese feel and are a good place to stay with a large group of friends. The place is let down by a number of things. The air conditioning struggles to cope with the heat and our unit would constantly trip the power board and we had to leave our room constantly to reset it. The pool as quite dirty for the first few days and even when eventually clear was more like a warm bath than a refreshing place to cool off. Being Bali you have to expect the power to drop out every now and again, but it happened far too often on this stay and I would look for a place that had a back up generator.

The staff at Villa Karisa are all very friendly and certainly make you feel like part of the family...they are certainly the selling point of the place, but overall the villas are a little run down and in need of a revamp. With so many new luxury villas for not much more money I would think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2009

I was disappointed with everything about this place, it certainly did not live up to expectations. If you are not French then I would suggest you find somewhere else to stay where you will be treated equally and get better value for your money. Generally the Balinese staff were friendly towards us. Spent 6 nights here out of 4 weeks in Bali and this without a doubt was the most disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple