The Seiryu Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$270
$172
Agoda.com
Courtyard by Marriott Bali Seminyak Resort(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$174
$155
The Haven Bali(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$87
$54
$377
$337
Hotels.com
Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$483
$250
$243
$231
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $337/night.

The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$328
$98
Priceline
Savings alert! 56% below average rates

The price you found is 56% lower than this hotel's average rate of $222/night.

$378
$491
$742
$502
Agoda.com
All reviewsshiva roomloved the french toastbalinese touchescrazy seminyakgreat spot in seminyakbeautiful oasisboutique hotellounging by the poollovely poolwalking distancedeluxe rooma lovely place to stayamerican breakfastshort walk to the beachrooms are greatreception areatucked away
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Villa Karisa for 4 days and had a really enjoyable time.
Room had a rustic touch with wooden furniture and unique bathrooms with white tiles.

The location itself only has around 10-12 bungalows and mostly non Indonesians, so surroundings were pretty quiet.

the only downside: Breakfast was standard. There was some options of either eggs, fried rice & fresh juice so after 2 days we decided to get our own breakfast by using GoJek.

areas nearby: seminyak beach is around 15 mins walk, shops and restaurants -- well, may have to walk a bit further than that to find interesting foods and cafes.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2017

Villa Karisa Boutique Hotel appeared to offered a great deal on the website and looked stunning in the website photos- so we opted to go for the mystical sounding 'Shiva Room' which was a little dearer and a little more daring with its outside bathroom and toilet. Arriving the hotel entrance is a little confusing as the walkway first passes the pods area of the hotel or hostel and then you enter the reception area of the Boutique Hotel. After a long journey we arrived and we were met by a frosty young man who was not particularly welcoming and silently showed us to the heavenly Shiva Room. Its amazing what a wide focus lens and good lighting can do as the photos that promised so much on line was in reality the room a small and dark room so essentially a shed with a bed in the middle. The outside bathroom was indeed outside but was alive with ants and appeared to be over looked. Not the best way to to enjoy you favourite page turner perched on the loo before hitting the streets. My main concern about the wonderfully named Shiv Room is that it was noisy as we were sandwiched between the “The Pods” part of the hotel and The Boutique section of the place - so could hear many voices of people coming and going. On the other side of the fence was laundry which seemed very busy and loud as well. I raised concerns with Mr Frosty on the desk, he was pretty indifferent and I said we would see if the noise was an issue over night. We snuggled down in our shed with a bed and the noise was a little intrusive but so was the light streaming in from The Pods section of the hotel. The next morning I politely asked if we could move into another room and we would pay more if necessary I was informed, the hotel was fully booked but we could move the following day into the Sumatra Suite. OK that 4 nights, 2 in Shiva Room and then move it was no big deal. The hotel generally is truly lovely and the layout and feel of the place is really special. The pool areas are relaxing and the layout of the grounds and corridors are very open plan. The garden is small but a delight and we really liked the place. My brother had flown in from Melbourne to meet up with us and his room was wonderful really lovely corner of the place and he seemed very happy. However the hotel could do with some decent staff training and a rethink about its services. Breakfast was not great strange white toast and no buffet and although the folks serving it are lovely the food was average. The bar was under stocked and was unable to serve drinks that involved gin or whisky. In fact the only alcohol they had was vodka and yet their drinks menu clearly on display offered a variety of cocktails and alcoholic beverages that they were unable to provide. We hired a driver courtesy of the hotel (Arri) and he was lovely and there was a very sweet woman on reception during the day (Milla) but over all the staff don’t seem to across what they are doing and some extra training maybe in order. We certainly liked our Sumatra Room a lot better than the "Shed with a Bed Suite” and were a lot happier in that quiet corner of the hotel away from the hustle and bustle of the street and The Pods next door. (What are pods anyway?). The pool was right outside our door and the laid back atmosphere of this hotel was to be richly enjoyed. Finally it came time to leave, the hotel arranged for a car to drive us to the airport in the early hours and we went to meet Mr. Frosty on reception to pay our bill. He assured me the Siva Suite and The Sumatra Room were the same price and I took him at his word (even though I had a niggling doubt that might not be the case). On returning home I looked on line and found that the Shiva Room was dearer and that the young man on reception had indeed been economic with the truth. When you stay in a hotel you expect to be treated fairly but more importunely honestly - when we settled our bill and he said the two rooms were the same price but he knew that that was not the truth but we were about to go to the other side of the world. I will return to Bali again it is a lovely wonderful country but I would not stay at Villa Karisa Boutique Hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't go for Shiva Suite go for cheaper rooms are rear
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChuckKingston
Reviewed September 25, 2017

This resort is tucked away in a quiet area of town and offers a very relaxing, Balinese experience. Beautiful grounds and pool. Very walkable to the beach and nightlife. Room had all comforts - air conditioning, fan, and safe. Staff was very attentive and they prepared a delicious breakfast as part of the options.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2017

The room was pretty basic, but overall the whole place was quite charming. The staff were lovely. Great location. We enjoyed a swim in the pool. Breakfast was included every morning, and they also offer a free afternoon tea, which we never made it to. I would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2017

I stayed at Karisa Pods for 5 nights with a good friend. It is the "Boutique" hostel counter part of Villa Karisa. The atmosphere in general is great, very relaxed. I liked that the small garden has a dipping pool, which you can see from the main dinning area.
My friend and I stayed at a Karisa Double Pod; a room with a bunk bed. It was quite small, it actually reminded me of boat rides I used to take from Cebu to Manila as a child. The beddings were clean and fresh. They were turned over every morning, which surprised me.
The shower is communal (separate for men and women). I would have given this 5 stars if there were hot showers available. Kudos for the bidet installation in the toilets by the way.
i'd meet most of the guests in the morning over coffee, bread and jam. We'd talk about our adventures, experiences and share travel tips. Great way to meet people and make new friends.
Karisa Pods is a good 5 minute walk to the beach. It is 30 minutes walk on the beach to Potato Head and 45 minutes to Batubelig Beach.
Karisa Pods is surrounded by convenience stores and affordable restaurants. It is situated in a quiet part of Seminyak, but close enough to some bars like Bali Joe and Mix Well via a cross street. My friend and I were surprised not to hear the music blasting of the bars when we found out how close we were.

Room Tip: The room is small. There are no windows, so it's best to put your alarm on just to let you know that it's morning already. The mattress was soft and the comforter was comfy. you are given one big pillow and one small sqaured one. The bunk beds come with draw curtains, so privacy is not a luxury. The doors to the pods do not lock and are ventilated. So always secure your belongings inside the lockers. The lockers are designed to be the head board, so I suggest flipping sleeping positions so that you won't have trouble opening and closing the lockers at any time. The outlets are need plugs that have round two prongs. You'd need to buy yourself an adaptor at the nearest convenience store or souvenir shop. The hostel does not have adaptor plugs for borrowing.
Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends