“Loved it ...absolutely ideal !!!”
Review of Villa Coco

Villa Coco
Ranked #26 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed December 16, 2009

What a great choice - although a particuarly humid time of year to be in Bali the bedroom air conditioner was completely adequate & the fan downstairs was not often needed. Good size fridge & definitely a bonus to have a kitchen area. I, also, was concerned about a couple of negative comments & received a VERY prompt reply from Claire , The Manager . So very glad we decided to stay at Villa Coco. Have never received more of a welcome, more attentive, polite service & assistance in anything we required or prompt check in at any previous accommodation in Bali. Walking distance to shopping , beach, many great restaurants & Bintang Shopping Centre. & if really necessary, Legian shop & nightlife less than A$3 away. Enjoyable & plentiful selection of breakfast & so relaxed to have in "our own" Villa. One morning they brought a large bowl of fruit & cereal instead of requested banana pancakes - they returned within 5 mins with the yummy pancakes. The massage was most relaxing & the free pickups & return to the airport is definitely a bonus.Claire & reception staff are always on hand to answer queries & would like to sincerly thank all staff for a wonderful stay. Oh, also, what really made the stay comfortable were the great pillows - so often Hotel pillows at less than a 4 or 5 star make a good night's sleep difficult.Next time hope to stay with some of our family in the 4 bedroom Villa which looks amazing or even the 2 bedroom pool Villa with a couple of friends !!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tartoos123

Reviewed December 7, 2009

My partner and I recently took a three day break in Bali. We stayed at Villa Coco in Seminyak and had the best time!!! We stayed in a villa which was open air downstairs and had its own private garden. Aside from the fantastic service from all staff, this was the best part about staying there. Each morning before trekking out to shop and eat we would sit peacefully on the lounge and in the hammock just reading and relaxing. This was after a fantastic breakfast that is included in the price of the room (unless you go the BIG hot breakfast, a small fee is incurred but definitely worth it for the hash brown alone). There was a fantastic bathroom downstairs that had an outdoor shower. It is refreshing and invigorating to not be constantly closed in and protected by airconditioning in the Bali climate. The bedroom upstairs was very simple yet extremely well maintained. This was airconditioned which definitely made sleeping a lot easier. There is a toilet upstairs for convenience so you don't have to worry about heading downstairs to the bathroom in the middle of the night. The only problem we had was the rolling blackouts that happen in Bali, but these happen everywhere. Villa Coco have a generator so we were still able to use the toilet facilities when these happened.

Overall, everything was extremely clean, the staff were super friendly and the value for money you can't beat. Villa Coco is not 5 star, however nor are the prices. You need to remember that you are in Bali and not the Whitsundays so not everything is perfect or as you would expect to see in Australia. If you want 5 star facilities go and stay in a hotel and pay hotel prices. My partner and I are planning our next trip and will be staying at Villa Coco again!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2009

You will love the tranquil garden setting.I have stayed in both the pool and garden villas just magnificent. The staff are wonderful so prompt and helpful and not to mention beautiful, I want to adopt them all. Ketut at the Pool Bar makes the best Margaritas in town and plays some great music too. And the food is to die for Ayu makes the best pizza,nasi goreng,pad thai everything she cooks melts in your mouth. The location is perfect 2 minutes out the back door and you are at the beach with many restaurants and shops to choose from. Also only 2 mins from Jalan Seminyak where you will find great shopping and restaurants. I'll be back see you soon suksma x

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ronnie72
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I live in eastern Indonesia and stay in Bali very often. I usually stay in a hotel in Tuban but wanted something very different this time round as was staying for 16 days. I booked Villa Coco and paid deposit online. I was mortified to read such negative comments so contacted the manager via email. She emailed me and put my mind at rest. I decided to ignore the comments and went ahead. What a great decision. I loved it and will certainly be staying here in the future. The villa I stayed in was one of the older ones but I loved it nevertheless. It had great character and loads of space and privacy. Very comfortable. This is not a 5 star luxury resort and the cost reflects this. The staff are wonderful and couldn;t do enough to help. I can't wait till my next stay. The noise was not an issue for me as live with my ipod in my ears. It will be even better in dec when the hotel next door is completed. Thanks guys.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2009

We spent one night here. We enjoyed very much! The staff was very kind and frinedly. Only the noise...The noise constructed on the next site was omitted, and a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My husband, his parents and I only stayed 2 nights in Villa Coco but we absolutely loved it. We were warned about construction when we booked and decided to go anyway. It wasn't an issue for us at all, but we were only there at breakfast time and after dinner.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom pool villa and it was beyond beautiful! The villa was extremely spacious, clean and new looking. The staff were very friendly and helpful as well. I'm surprised by the recent poor reviews - it's hard for me to think that things would have changed so much since we were there in May 2009, and I hope the hotel has addressed any issues others have experienced.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2009

couldnt get out of the place fast enough it was like being on a construction site. staff were friendly- big woop! couldnt use the pool as there was dust and rubble falling into it from the construction site next door. the villas are run down shanties that you would expect to find in a third world country. no security, our childrens door did not lock, tv didnt work, phone didnt work, one bed was missing, and it was a com plete ripoff.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family