“"Just like Paradise" - Simply Divine - Wish it was my home......”
Review of Villa Coco

Villa Coco
Ranked #31 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed September 3, 2009

You will love the tranquil garden setting.I have stayed in both the pool and garden villas just magnificent. The staff are wonderful so prompt and helpful and not to mention beautiful, I want to adopt them all. Ketut at the Pool Bar makes the best Margaritas in town and plays some great music too. And the food is to die for Ayu makes the best pizza,nasi goreng,pad thai everything she cooks melts in your mouth. The location is perfect 2 minutes out the back door and you are at the beach with many restaurants and shops to choose from. Also only 2 mins from Jalan Seminyak where you will find great shopping and restaurants. I'll be back see you soon suksma x

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ronnie72

Reviewed September 3, 2009

I live in eastern Indonesia and stay in Bali very often. I usually stay in a hotel in Tuban but wanted something very different this time round as was staying for 16 days. I booked Villa Coco and paid deposit online. I was mortified to read such negative comments so contacted the manager via email. She emailed me and put my mind at rest. I decided to ignore the comments and went ahead. What a great decision. I loved it and will certainly be staying here in the future. The villa I stayed in was one of the older ones but I loved it nevertheless. It had great character and loads of space and privacy. Very comfortable. This is not a 5 star luxury resort and the cost reflects this. The staff are wonderful and couldn;t do enough to help. I can't wait till my next stay. The noise was not an issue for me as live with my ipod in my ears. It will be even better in dec when the hotel next door is completed. Thanks guys.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2009

We spent one night here. We enjoyed very much! The staff was very kind and frinedly. Only the noise...The noise constructed on the next site was omitted, and a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My husband, his parents and I only stayed 2 nights in Villa Coco but we absolutely loved it. We were warned about construction when we booked and decided to go anyway. It wasn't an issue for us at all, but we were only there at breakfast time and after dinner.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom pool villa and it was beyond beautiful! The villa was extremely spacious, clean and new looking. The staff were very friendly and helpful as well. I'm surprised by the recent poor reviews - it's hard for me to think that things would have changed so much since we were there in May 2009, and I hope the hotel has addressed any issues others have experienced.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2009

couldnt get out of the place fast enough it was like being on a construction site. staff were friendly- big woop! couldnt use the pool as there was dust and rubble falling into it from the construction site next door. the villas are run down shanties that you would expect to find in a third world country. no security, our childrens door did not lock, tv didnt work, phone didnt work, one bed was missing, and it was a com plete ripoff.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank buster111999
Reviewed July 31, 2009

The photos on their website were very misleading. Although the villa was nice and clean, the stairway to the upper floor bedroom is narrow and steep and the advertised upstairs toilet did not materialise. Not easy to negotiate the stairs after a couple of drinks, or when half asleep!
The partially outdoor bathroom was a novelty, but getting the shower to deliver water at a comfortable temperature proved very challenging.
After booking I was advised that there was construction going on at the site, but was assured that it was minimally disruptive. Not so! I asked to be located as far from the construction as possible. They put me right next door to it! 7.30 a.m. the banging and sawing started each morning and continued into the early evening. The waves and greetings from the construction workers as I was sitting on the toilet in the open bathroom took a bit of getting used to!
The staff were very friendly and accommodating and the breakfasts were quite nice and delivered to the villa with a smile and greeting.
The laneway leading to the villas is sorely in need of a truckload of gravel to fill in all of the deep potholes too!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I have stayed all over Indonesia and had decided on this occasion, to splash out a little more than normal and holiday in quality. For the past few years I have stayed in the Jayakarta Bali residences at half of the cost of Villa Coco. I was fooled by the visit to the Villa Coco website, obviously the webpage photos showed a refurbished villa, if the Australian owners had promulgated that shenagannin in Australia it would have breached trade description laws and been subject to some form of legal punishment.

I was not bothered by y the noise of the building works, or the noise of the nightclub, but then again background noises have neve really bothered me. The deathtrap spiral staircase to the bedroom was a heart attack event everytime I went up and down it, the owners would be in flagrant and wilfull breach of Indonesian and Australian safety legislation - however this is Bali so one assumes they simply don't care. It was particularly distressing when the two year old daughter of a mate came to visit, watching her risk injury whenever she came near to the staircase.

With everystep in the bedroom i thought the floor was going to collapse and making love to the missus made the whole top floor shake - not a boast of our sexual prowess but rather a flimisly constructed floor, that similarly breached more Indonesian and Australian building codes than it satisfied.

Particularly distressing was the termite infestation, every morning we woke up to the tell tale signs of termite waste in the bed and in the chairs - everywhere really, after two days I gave up sleeping on the bed in the AC room and slept on the sofa downstairs in the open kitchen area - in that way i woke up with less termite droppings on me than if i slept inside. The place needed a good spray with a US$ 10 bucks work of anti termit spray (if the owners read this - for gods sakes spray the place with Lentrek - its cheap and works really well)

Did I complain, not really, i was on holiday and therefore, just put it down to experience. So what, i drooled on a pillow in an expensive place, (the bedding was not even down - a bare minimum in hotels of similar price range).

I had a quick and cursory look at the owners villa - none of the problems detailed above were visibly present, so one supposes that's an approriate ending to my particular tale of woe and dissapointment.

I have learnt my lesson - Jayajarta, Padma, Legian are all infinitely better places to stay, whilst also being cheaper, even Blue Ocean Bungalows (RP 175,000 per night) would put this place to shame.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family