“Great service, Friendly staff & definitely stay again!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Villa Coco
Ranked #30 of 141 Hotels in Seminyak
Horsham
“Great service, Friendly staff & definitely stay again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

My husband and I honeymooned in Bali, where we stayed 4 nights at the villa coco in a private pool villa. We were told of the renovations, buildings going on, however they did not worry us. We loved where we stayed & loved the staff and service. Thank you very much!

Bianca & Marcus Anson

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank biancamarcus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Myself and 2 friends booked a one bedroom villa at Villa Coco, and it didn't disappoint. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with the beautiful Balinese smile and warmth of the front reception desk. Followed by a welcome drink. We were shown to our room, all luggage carefully carried for us and from the moment we entered, it was absolutely stunning. The open lounge room, kitchen and dining with our very own private pool was just beautiful. The staff could not have done more for us and delivered our breakfast every morning (banana pancakes yummo!!!). Any questions we asked were answered and travel tips or transfers were accommodated for. I couldn't recommend Villa Coco more highly to anyone. Cant wait to return here on my honeymoon ........ most relaxing time in Bali yet!!!

Room Tip: One bedroom Villa was excellent for 3 people.
2 Thank Erin H
Kununurra, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Where to start when it comes to Villa Coco! I’ve just returned from my second stay and once again my time there was perfect. My friend and I stayed in a 2 bedroom villa with a pool – oh my goodness, do yourself a favour! There is no better way to start the day than to be able to wander out of your room in the morning for a refreshing swim before a beautiful breakfast.

I’ve been to Bali many times and when in Bali I like to feel like I’m in Bali, not holed up in a hotel room and Villa Coco gives you just that experience. Beautiful gardens, comfy Balinese style furniture, Balinese art, open plan bathrooms – the feel of Bali with 5 star comfort and airconditioned bedrooms! The one thing I do like about hotels – room service. But not to worry because these villas offer that – for both food and cocktails, absolutely perfect after a hard day shopping! And the food is stunning – from the traditional Nasi Goreng to a yummy pasta alfredo.

I think Villa Coca’s biggest asset though is the staff. They make you feel so welcome and like part of a big extended family. They are friendly, happy and bend over backwards to make your stay a great one. This was only my second stay but they all remembered my name and broke out into big smiles when they saw me – what a nice way to be treated! The gorgeous ladies who cleaned our villa and the very polite gentlemen who tended the garden and the pool were so nice. All the staff are wonderful but I wanted to make special mention of the beautiful Wayan for helping me out on a myriad of occasions and always with a smile on her face, the hilarious Arya for making me laugh every time I saw him and the friendliest man in Bali, Ketut, who also makes a mean cocktail!

Thanks to all at Villa Coco – I’d never stay anywhere else!

2 Thank Kirstie1968
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

My friend, Denise Vanderwoude, and I(Marilyn Neilson)have just returned from a fabulous time at Villa Coco. We had a one bedroom villa with pool and found that it was all we expected and more. We felt thoroughly spoilt with a beautiful breakfast delivered to the villa every day, a complimentary massage by the wonderful Indah and a lovely Indonesian dinner. The villa was very clean and it was no trouble for the management to provide us with an extra bed. The provision of bottled drinking water was also a bonus. The kitchenette had a full sized, well stocked fridge. We could also buy sunblock, aftersun gel and an insect repellant called "Bugger Off" which was amazing. All the staff went out of their way to make us feel at home and were very friendly---nothing was too much trouble. Claire, the manager, was very helpful and friendly and runs the resort well. We hated to leave and will certainly stay at Villa Coco again on our next trip to Bali.

4 Thank Marilyn N
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I had a 4 night stay at villa coco recently in a 2 bedroom pool villa. I had done my research, read many reviews and we were all looking forward to our stay.
Let me start with the positives of villa coco: the villa was great. It gave us privacy, was well maintained and cleaned with a great pool, bathrooms and bedrooms. There were good choices for breakfast, with the option to pay more for an American breakfast and it always arrived right on time. Villa coco is in a great location, just off Double 6 and a short walk to many restaurants and the beach. The staff, with the exception of one male receptionist who sometimes wouldn't look up from his phone to greet us when we walked through, were all friendly, smiley and approachable.
Now for the negatives: my friends and I arrived at about 4:00pm. Check in time is either 2 or 3 but when we arrived, we were told we couldn't get into our villa until after 6. We were lead into a Garden bungalow to wait, but the reason we couldn't get in was because someone else was in there until 6:00. We felt that we were technically paying for someone else to be in the villa. We approached the receptionist and he then told us 7:00. We tried to explain that we weren't happy about this because we had paid for the villa. A female receptionist then came out and told us that they need our understanding. We once again tried to explain that we weren't happy someone else was in the villa we had paid for and we wouldn't be able to get in for hours. Claire, the Australian manager then came out. After a quick chat with staff to ask what the issue was, I once again explained that we had paid for the villa that someone else was in until after 6:00. She told us there was no use talking about it, it had to be 6:30 and claimed to be under the impression that we weren't arriving until later, even thought there was nothing of the sort discussed at any point. She sent us to the pool bar to enjoy free cocktails with promises to make it up to us. This was on a Friday.
Monday, our second last day, came and we hadn't seen Claire. I found out from another staff member that she was in the office so I went to talk to her. I approached the subject kindly, reminding her that we weren't let into our villa until after 6 and she said she would make it up to us. Her response was "oh, I gave you free drinks, I thought that would be enough." My friends and I appreciated the gesture of free drinks, but I'm sorry, a few free cocktails didn't fix the fact that we were paying for a villa we couldn't use for hours. I'm sure that the people who had late check out also had to pay 50% of the room rate meaning Villa coco was making a bit of extra money from it. In the end, Claire gave us a discount off the final bill which did not go unappreciated, but my friends and I felt that the problem was brushed off and we weren't listened to. After all the glowing reports of how friendly Claire is and how she goes out of her way to make sure the guests are happy, this was a let down. If I had not sought her out, the only way she would have made it up to us is by insisting we have another drink.
Don't get me wrong, we still enjoyed our stay, but the poor management and lack of accountability for what was their stuff up has put me off.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
38 Thank AnnaMichelleH
bear5750, General Manager at Villa Coco, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
We all work so hard here to make Villa Coco what it is. We were sorry your villa was not ready and we offered drinks, food and gave you discount, we did not think more would be expected.
This very rarely happens here and we had 25 check ins that day plus your booking.

Yes we were a little behind. We are a small resort and do not have spare villas very often. You were offered a smaller bungalow for the time being but did not want the offer, so then we offered drinks and food by the pool instead as there was absolutely nothing we could do but try and hurry to get your villa ready.

The guests that had day use were not paying but we had promised them day use as we had no set arrival time on your booking. But yes the villa should have been ready for your arrival.

You stated uninterested Management, I have looked after many sick people, people that have lost cards etc, I even lent someone money just recently and they paid it back from Australia and I had never seen them in my life....so before you judge management skills you should really find out what we are about, I think we over manage sometimes...no other hotels would do half of what we do. And I am not an Australian so we should always get facts straight first before writing reviews.

You seemed happy but I think you may have been expecting a bigger discount and a free ride, I thought we were very considerate for the 2.5 hours you had to wait. We did offer another bungalow and for some reason you did not want it. The other girls seemed very happy waiting as I spoke with them at the pool.

Once again we please many people and many people love us and we are sorry for this happening to you and your friends but it is very very rare and most people understand.

Claire and Staff
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We booked a 2-bedroom villa back in April for our November stay. When we returned from dinner the first night, the night manager, Cecilia, tried to kick us out of our villa and separate our group into 2 x1-bedroom units, as they have other guests arriving on the 3rd day we are here and wanted to give them our villa instead. We requested assistance from our booking agency whom Cecilia told that renovations were set to occur in our unit, which was the reason for the move. This was a complete lie. For the past 2 days, we have been harassed constantly, as we walk through reception, about their desire to move us, so they accommodate another party. We finally agreed to move, but only after numerous phone calls from our booking agency and some negotiations.

This was supposed to be a relaxing trip to Bali and Villa Coco has done nothing to make that so. I do not recommend booking with these villas, as you may not have a place to stay, regardless of your confirmation.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
23 Thank Annasf23
coco1244, Manager at Villa Coco, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
This is another review that I knew we were going to get. Firstly the night Manager Cecilia does not even work at Villa Coco. She is the booking agent for online bookings. Yes this was a mistake and yes it was booked back in April. This was a genuine mistake and a small window of opportunity caused it. People requested this villa and we asked the guests if they would move. They flatly refused. I am sorry that you were told it was for Renovation. Cecilia was very worried as they do not like making mistakes and I really think she was trying to do her best.

What they have not mentioned is that one American slammed phones down on staff and were rude to the staff at Villa Coco. They also did not mention that the online travel agent would foot the bill for the two nights that they had to move. Cecilia paid for these 2 nights from her own pocket.

Normally if this happens people will help out especially Australians but this does not happen very often. We are a small resort and if we had many rooms this would never have happened. One of the ladies from America was lovely but the other did not like us at all. She was so rude to staff but as always they will claim they were not.

Sometimes it is hard to cater for americans as they are so used to things happening there way...I tried but to be good to them but they would not bend one bit. I hope this never happens again in the near future.

We please many people but some are just so hard.

Villa Coco Staff
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Villa Coco is a calm oasis in the middle of a very busy area. Close to the airport it provided a quiet, comfortable and restful stay for our first few days in Bali. Easy walk to lovely beach. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple