“Affordable, great location and friendly staff!”
Review of Villa Coco

Villa Coco
Ranked #25 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Villa Coco for four nights in February and absolutely loved it. The location is very central to all the main attractions around Seminyak, Legian and Kuta but it was great that it was tucked away off the main road. A little slice of paradise.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly - whether they were working at the main desk, cleaning rooms, maintaining the grounds or serving food. They helped us out with booking restaurants and transport promptly. We were always greeted happily by staff early in the morning or late at night. The rooms are cleaned twice a day and rooms are sprayed to try and keep mosquitos out along with a net around our bed. Even still we were bitten daily. What I love was the little touch of turning down our beds in the late afternoon with chocolates on the sheets!

Breakfast was always delivered on time and of reasonable quality - perfect if you have an early start as they are delivered upon your request. Filtered water is also provided in the rooms along with sunscreen and bug spray. What a great and affordable place to stay at!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
bear5750, General Manager at Villa Coco, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

I love hearing "a little slice of paradise"....because you are correct and thank you so much for all your nice comments re the staff etc.

Hope we see you again one day Melissa.

Villa Coco Staff

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Villa Coco is great value, well sized clean villas and centrally located. The staff are friendly and very accommodating. Food and drinks by the pool ( can highly recommend the Margaritas) are well priced. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 40thbirthdaygang

Thank you for the refreshing response and we at Villa Coco look forward to welcoming you back again. It was a pleasure to have you here and the Margarita's will be even better next time.

Villa Coco Staff.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Villa Coco over New Years 2012-2013. We had a one bedroom pool villa. The best part was the pool. The villa is out dated. Our lounge was about to fall apart. Included in our package was breakfast daily. We ordered pancakes the first morning and all we got was one pancake each and every day the breakfast came cold. We also ordered lunch a few times and again it was cold and took them over an hour to bring the food to us. One time my partner went to the reception to find out what was taking so long and the staff were standing around talking with our food going cold in their hands. We also went to make a complaint and we we're threatened by one of the main staff. He told us he would get the police involved if we made a complaint. Our transfers to and from the hotel were also included in our package. When we arrived at the airport to go home it was torrential rain. Our driver made us get out and get our own bags so he wouldn't get wet. I DEFINITELY DO NOT RECOMMEND STAYING HERE. For my partner and I it was definitely a waste of money and we were truly disappointed. I have seen there are quite a few really good reviews on here for Villa Coco but please take my advice and put your money to better use.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 23anonymous

I really feel that I need not reply to this ANONYMOUS review as I do have other things I should and could be doing but I just want to let people and future guests know about this couple.

I even posted on facebook one day In January that I had just had a guest and his partner fighting and using bad/fowl language in Villa Coco car park in front of our gorgeous staff. I asked him not to swear and he attacked me verbally and said they had all heard bad language before. This couple was not well liked by our staff as they were rude and even complained when we went in at night too spray and turn down beds...I really do not know why I did not ask them to leave on the day they were fighting and using bad language...I am still questioning myself as to why I let them stay here a minute longer, in fact I was only talking about this last weekend to a colleague, he also had a badly behaved Australian staying in his hotel.

Our front office staff did say they would get the police as he was tired of the complaints that were not warranted and the language and our staff member had just had enough of being spoken to the wrong way....please do not forget the consistent bad language. Complaints are good but sometimes the way they are put.

C5 the one bedroom pool villa is certainly not out dated, please check our website...it is a very nice villa and there is nothing wrong with the day bed that is apparently falling apart and once again say something at the time and it will be fixed.

I feel sad that these people are from Australia and they are embarrassing to our society when they come to Bali and throw their mouth around. I just wish they would stay home and whinge in their own country. Also sometimes you get people that take substances in their own country and they come over here and this cannot take place and then we have to put up with the bad behaviour and believe me it has happened to me on a number of occasions. I am not saying this couple take part but their behaviour was out of line all the time and everyday. They were sad and never smiled or acknowledged anyone.

On getting the file out when I was trying to work out who this ANONYMOUS review was, I found that the file had writing on it from front office about the behaviour of these people, they were a very sad couple and should definately not travel or at least go and learn some manners before they leave home. I have never seen writing over a file here before.

And as for the food complaint....sorry ANONYMOUS but our food is good and we know it.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I agree the staff were very accommodating at Villa Coco. Any problems we reported were seen to very quickly. For us as a family with 4 small children (1,3,5,7) the 2 bedroom garden bungalow was not an ideal choice as the stairs had large gaps, and one of our children is not staircase safe. As soon as we told staff this, they installed a gate. Also the kids bedroom was on the floor level and the adults up the stairs, so again for small kids not the best. The staff moved all the beds up the top level as soon as we requested. Probably suited to older kids. There was also a major mosquito problem, although staff were very conscientious, spraying rooms every evening and fogging once a week. Our baby got bitten many times before we asked a mosquito net to be installed to cover the entire cot, which they hung from the roof, as the mozzies were flying through the holes in the mesh of the portacot.

Housekeeping was very good, the pool lovely and a good location to explore Bali. Breakfast always arrived on time and we had some lovely meals from room service. When staff noticed us struggling with the kids they offered us another stroller to borrow. There were some small issues with our room, no hot water 2 nights, the water filter broke and leaked all over the floor, and the door to the main bedroom would fly open during the night if not locked, learnt to lock that pretty quickly! DVD player was great for the kids. We loved the outdoor bathroom.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a copy of an email that we sent to the General Manager of Villa Coco regarding our recent stay at Villa Coco in Villa A3.

Dear Claire,

As you know we stayed at Villa Coco in A3 Villa from the 11.1.2013 to 18.1.2013 and then spent a further 4 days in Ubud before flying back to Sydney last Tuesday the 22nd January.

We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you and the team at Villa Coco for an unforgettable stay at your facility.

From the moment we arrived we felt at home and nothing was too much for your staff in terms of satisfying our every need and request. Their professionalism, commitment and dedication to the job at hand were second to none and they are a credit to their respective professions.

The food was of the highest quality, the cleaning and preparation of our villa twice a day was something that we do not always experience when we travel and we cannot get over how friendly every member and I mean every member of your staff were every minute of every day. It certainly felt like one big happy family who really loved and enjoyed their work and who went out of their way to please the guests.

We hosted a BBQ in our villa for members of our family, who were also staying in Bali, which was unbelievable, the preparation of this event, the quality and size of the servings were exceptional, especially the set up of our villa for the occasion.

During our stay my wife had a 1 hour massage, pedicure and facial from Endah your massage girl and she is still raving about how good it was and we cannot speak too highly of Endah regarding her professionalism, courtesy and kindness. Please pass on our best wishes to her, she is wonderful and an asset to Villa Coco.

Please pass on our sincere gratitude and heartfelt thanks to every member of your team from the driver who picked us up from the airport, to the fantastic and extremely helpful reception staff, (especially Wayan, she was so kind, friendly and courteous), reservation staff, cleaning staff, restaurant staff (the breakfast’s and dinners were fantastic), the staff who made the cappuccino’s by the pool and sometimes delivered to our villa, it was a fantastic holiday, in a fantastic facility with fantastic staff.

In terms of the cost of our villa and inclusions, as well as the cost of the extra’s such as the BBQ in our villa and the massages, pedicure and facial for my wife, your charges are extremely competitive and represented excellent value for money.

We are planning to return to Bali in early May 2013 and will contact your reservation staff shortly to make a booking. Whilst it was great to come home we can’t wait to return to Villa Coco, Seminyak.

Once again thank you to Villa Coco so much for making our stay unforgettable and an experience that we will never forget. Your facility came highly recommended from Australia and we are glad that we took this advice as it turned out 100% correct, but even more than this exceeded our every expectation.

Please feel free to use our comments in any way your like to promote Villa Coco, we certainly will be through our friends on Trip Advisor and other mediums at every opportunity.

See you in early May 2013 and kind regards,

Charles & Betty Tees - Sydney, Australia

Room Tip: Villa A3 was perfect for us, close to reception and close to main pool and very private, We inpected...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Cheetah888
bear5750, General Manager at Villa Coco, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

What can you say about a review like this....thank you so much and it is just fantastic that you loved us so much.

See you next time and the coffee will probably be FREE!!

Villa Coco Team.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We found it a great base as we had been to bali a few time and now have a young family we wanted to stay out of the hustle and bustle but still close enough to the action.We stayed in the two bedroom villa and just loved the set up with the open air living and own pool and the air conditioned rooms we a lovely place to relax after a big day of shopping. The grounds are kept beautiful and the staff will bend over backwards to make you feel and home and comfortable. Food and Service was Excellent and prices are very reasonable.
Claire the onsite manager is on hand and always happy to help you.
As a Travel Agent for Flight Centre I would highly recommend this property for you Holiday.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Haylie1981

Thank you for your kind words....and I still see that baby stroller being used everyday.

This guest gave a baby stroller to a young poor family not far from my house, I have checked most days and I have never known a baby stroller to be used so much, they are so grateful to have something useful that they cannot afford. People do lovely things and it is just so good to see it being used.

I will let the staff know what you thought of them as they just love to hear it and it keeps them smiling all day long.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We just had 3 nights here on return from Lembongan prior to heading home. Usually the end of a holiday can be a bit of a downer what with the thought of getting back into work routines. Villa Coco totally upturned this-we stayed in an incredibly spacious and well-appointed 2 bedroom pool villa. It was simply magnificent. So much space for the adults and kids to spread out and lie by pool, watch TV (!), read and each one able to do this in peace. There were gorgeous touches of Bali, really well thought out. It was a newer building but full of charm and relaxing ambience due to the gardens and the lovely furninshings etc.
The property is extremely well located with shopping just a couple of minutes walk away and all the restaurants virtually on your doorstep. The included breakfasts were delicious and filling and served in our villa-amazing service.
What made it so special for us was undoubtedly both the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to help at all times. My husband arrived with a bout of Bali belly and the reception offered tablets for that. Staff were always on the lookout for how they could help and we felt very comfortable and well looked after here, not just a statistic but very welcome guests.
The great thing about Villa Coco was the utter peace and tranquility within the grounds yet just so close to everything we needed. So different to a hotel experience.
We are very grateful for the incredibly generous late checkout as well. Hope to see you again soon!

Room Tip: The pool villa was just so spacious and a real luxury to have it for our own use with private sunlou...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Please you had a nice time and loved the pool villas.

Hope to see you back here again in the near future.

Villa Coco Team