Villa Coco
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
$605
$432
Agoda.com
Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort(Seminyak)
$369
$270
The Samaya Bali Seminyak(Seminyak)
$560
$407
One Eleven(Seminyak)
$406
Pelangi Bali Hotel(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$160
$146
  • Pool
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$220
$185
$251
$200
$214
$182
All reviewsopen styleprivate poolmain poolcooking classmozzie coilsunforgettable stayopen planin houselegian beachoutdoor livingpool barevery morningshort walk to the beachthe hustle and bustlelounge areacome hometucked away
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Myself and 2 friends spent 8 days here in May. We all loved it. We stayed in a 2 bedroom garden villa. We picked it because it was different and also for the open living. It was close to everything, only walking distance to shops, restaurants and the beach. The staff were friendly and helpful. Clare is wonderful. Loved our continental breakfasts and our upgraded big brekky by the pool........ Heading back again around October, expect a call Clare! This time just relaxation as we did all the sight seeing last time.
Sally, Jill and Marilyn

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2012

we realy enjoyed our 12 day stay in a 2 bedroom garden villa at coco villa.the villa was spacious, clean and well serviced every day. our king sized bed was very comfortable.
claire and her staff were all wonderful. our breakfasts were delicious. access to the villas is via a narrow lineway which is good. the area is quiet& away from the endless traffic. we would behappy to stay there again
edith & danny ribarich
adelaide

Room Tip: we stayed in villa c1. which was near the pool.villa was excelent
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
coco1244, General Manager at Villa Coco, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and it is nice to see you signed it so we know who you are. Danny I hope your leg is better now and we look forward to you both coming back to Villa Coco for another holiday one day.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

My partner, brother & I stayed at Villa Coco for 10 days in mid March and we loved it!! We stayed in a 2 bedroom open style villa and it was perfect, plenty of space to be together or relax on your own without feeling crowded as you can in some other hotels/villa complexes and having our own garden area provided a beautiful setting to sit and enjoy the yummy breakfasts served daily in the villa. We opted to not get a pool villa so as we could enjoy the villa pool and be social with the other guests and staff and I'm glad we did. We met fantastic people and really loved the bar staff Putra and Ketut. In fact all the staff from reception to housekeeping were always ready to help with a big smile and greeting.Claire, the manager was fantastic and we really enjoyed her company in the evenings for a quite bevvy by the pool.On our last night we had one of the BBQ's by the pool and it was an awesome way to finish our time in Bali, the table decorations were beautiful, the food fantastic and we were made to feel really special! I really can't complain about anything!! As for bugs, gecko's, frogs........people that's part of Bali and complaining about it achieves nothing!! If you don't like that sort of thing, don't go to Bali!! With the nightly turndown service and mozzie coils and spray we really didn't find too much of an issue with the mozzies. And yes I also had a fall on the slippery floors but that could of happened anywhere during the wet season......everything is wet!! As for location, it was great, not too far to anything with lots of great places to eat and drink right outside the door and a 10min walk down to the beach. We were sorry to say goodbye to our friends at Villa Coco but will be staying there again on our next visit for sure!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Krazzik
coco1244, General Manager at Villa Coco, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thank you so much for posting this review. It is always great to hear nice things back and we look forward to having you stay at Villa Coco again in the future. I will pass onto Ketut and Putra, your wonderful comments about them....I am sure they will love hearing them.

Hope to see you again.

Claire

Reviewed April 3, 2012

First, I am a Bali-lover. Been there at least 20 times - lost count.
First time at villa coco, and I chose it because it offered two bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and I was travelling with my 83 yr old mother and I need to have everything on one level - no steps and walk in shower essential - as she tips over easily.

We had a two bedroom open plan (lounge, kitchen under cover but open to the elements) pool villa and it was outstandingly beautifully appointed and comfortable. If you were two couples, it would be perfect because there is a fair bit of space between the two bedrooms, in fact they are practically two separate villas, so a lot of privacy. The villa is SPACIOUS.

i loved everything about the villa except the marble floors in the main indoor and undercover areas. Very glamorous and very slippery.
We were there in rainy season, so I had towels on the floors all the time, worried my mother would slip and break her hip, but silly me, I managed to slip on the last morning of our visit and cut my foot open on the sharp edge of the floor platform.

The staff and other guests had warned me of the slippery floors, and I was careful, but not careful enough. I slipped just before our breakfast maid arrived, and she patched me up. (I had my own first aid kit - in case mother needed it - ha ha) The floors around the pool are slip-proof material, but the marble is a potential killer in rainy season, as the rain is driven into the villa's lounge area. Recommend the refit includes replacement of the marble, then it will be perfectly safe.

Anyway, the pool is private so you could skinny dip 24-7, and it is artistically landscaped, but one morning I noticed a coconut (well yes it is villa coco) had landed right next to the pool. Ah, that's Bali, and I love it. Killed by a falling coconut is how I want to go.

Loved the outdoor bath too. I read another review that whinged about frogs etc in the outdoor loo, but I think that is a plus. Where else can you shower outdoors surrounded by beauty and in privacy than Bali? Showering with frogs, worms, leaves falling, rain falling, all great stuff. Plus the staff clean it up each day, so what's the hassle. You want sterile, stay home.

The staff are excellent and helpful and they clean the villa in teams so they are quick and chatty. We had 3 nights of torrential rain and thunder, lightning - the gods were angry- and the pool man was there each morning restoring order to our leaf littered pool.

Breakfasts delivered each morning were more than we could finish, and 'the healthy alternative' breakfast had the best toasted bread I have ever had in Bali. Nutty, seedy, sourdoughy, thick slices of toast, fresh fruit, yogurt, honey - what else is there in life?

We had a couple of dinners, two poolside and one in the villa, very nice, well priced. We also used the main pool once for variety and it is fine. It was quite quiet when we were there, mid March for 5 days, so we had the pool to ourselves. Days were dry and muggy, nights wet. Off season in Bali - best time to go.

The kitchenette we mainly used to make toasted sandwiches for lunch, but it was enough to make simple meals if you were staying a while or had dietary complications and preferred to self cater. We ate at The Pearl French restaurant just 5 minutes away, and it is not be missed.

The airport pickup delivery service both ways was a great relief.
Travelling with an elderly person is stressful, but Villa Coco made it easy. Maria even found a plastic chair Mum could use to sit in her shower. That is service.

We had the wonderful massages in room, a couple times - bliss with Indah and with a colleague.

I do not know much about the other villas, but did peak into a few open front doors and the 4 bedroom two storey ones look spectacular with pool and entertaining space.

I noted on the website that Villa Coco doesn't appear to list its rates. I emailed, then phoned Maria, and made her an offer of what I wanted to pay, which she accepted. Love the Balinese way of doing business. I had previously tried to get into Villa Coco with Flight Centre, but they were hopelessly disorganised, so I went independent and it was much cheaper (like half the cost).

Villa Coco is a nice place to stay. Small and personalised, private and quiet and it feels very exclusive.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank rubybellissimo
coco1244, Manager at Villa Coco, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Great review and thank you. But just to let other guests intending to stay at Villa Coco know that we do not have any marble floors, they are all ceramic tiles. We have had a lot of rain and everything gets slippery and unfortunately it is part and parcel of Bali, as are the frogs and toads people complain about. It is hard when you have older Mums and Dads with you but it just means we have to watch ourselves especially when it is raining. Shopping Centres are scary here with there shiny white ceramic tiles.

Anyway I hope next time you come back we have the beautiful weather we are getting at the moment.

Regards

Claire Quinn

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Must confess, we are biased about Villa Coco as this is one of our many visits. For us, Bali and staying here go hand in hand, it does feel like a home away from home. It's close to everything, yet tucked away just enough to make you feel like you are in an oasis. Claire and her wonderful team make this place special. They are friendly, helpful and always accommodating.
Julie and Bert
PS: frogs an geckos are a part of Bali.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family