“Great family holiday accom”
Review of Villa Coco

Villa Coco
Ranked #26 of 145 Hotels in Seminyak
Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia
“Great family holiday accom”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We recently had the pleasure of staying at Villa coco for 8 days.
The facility was very clean and tidy, well appointed.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom villa with our rellies in another 2bed, 2 bath in an adjoining villa.
All rooms could be locked up as well as your villa.
Perfect for all to have privacy but still all together.
We had private plunge pools in each villa, which was great as my 7 year old daughter would swim at 7am each morning and be in and out of the pool all day.
The room was spacious and well organised and had plenty of space when friends visit.

The gourmet bbq is a must, they decorated the villa and cook an awsome meal in your villa.
We had 12 people at ours with family and friends enjoying an afternoon of tasty quality food cooked and presented for us to enjoy.
There was plenty of food for all and we still could not finish it all off.
This was my wifes 40th birthday party, and we also received a complimentary cake, which was hard to finish after the huge meal we had .

The staff are very helpful, from the reception staff, housekeepers, waiters to the staff who turn down your bedding and spray for insects.

Claire the manager is very interested in ensureing your stay is a pleasureable and very approachable about anything.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Richard P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
gold coast
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We just got back yesterday from a short stay at Villa Coco.
We had booked a 1 bedroom pool villa, and were totally blown away when we were shown to our villa.
We had Villa C2, which was a renovated one and was totally awesome!
As you walked through the doors and down a hallway the sound of our private infinity pool immediately made us relax. The waterfall was beautiful. The kitchen/bar area was more than adequate and the mini bar well stocked and well priced.
A very comfortable lounge and hammock, were put to good use. The bedroom was a cool retreat with air con, and the outdoor bathroom just topped it all off!!
Once the glass door was closed, there was no noise problem in our bedroom. There was the dull thud of music occassionally outside but nothing annoying.
The mossies are a problem but use the coils provided and a good spray and they're not an issue.
The best Frozen lemon margeritas are available at the pool bar made by Putu and Ketut, and lots of other cocktails to try also.
All the staff were very friendly and we would highly reccomend Villa Coco to anyone,
It's in a very good location too, just a stroll to the beach and a short walk or taxi ride to some of the best restaurants in Bali.
Claire thanks to you and all your staff, and also Maria who made our booking so easy and answered all my questions too.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JojoinBali
Wamberal, Australia
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I recently returned from a 6 night stay at Villa Coco and had a wonderful time. I shared a 2 brm villa with 3 friends celebrating a 40th birthday. The bathroom/shower was open air and well fitted out. We wish we had booked a villa with our own pool - however the main pool area is well fitted out and thanks to Ketut for the wonderful cocktails at happy hour.
A special thanks to Claire and the staff - even during power loss for several hours or an over flow in the kitchen sink they made our stay very comfortable and more than made up for any inconvenience we would have experienced in these situations.
You can request a taxi from reception, however if you walk up the driveway to the main road cabs come by all the time keen for a fair.
If you are looking for quite, clean accm that has all the touches of Bali in its design and don't mind dealing with mozzies with coils and spray then this is def the place to stay.

Room Tip: if you can afford it go for a room with your own pool
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank teelpea
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Much thought has gone into Villa Coco to make it a delight for the senses ... furnishings and knick knacks scattered to create atmosphere...open air bathroom in cool stone colors; lovely gardens.

Return to your room at night to mosquito coils lit, beds turned down, bedside lamps on, welcoming you ... sweet!

From some reviews, it seems to me people who stayed at V. Coco missed the (evident) generosity and attention to detail that create the BEAUTIFUL environment. The Villa Coco Team provide genuine hospitality: you will struggle to match their good will and service in any 5 star hotel.

Generous (and yummy) breakfast delivered daily by a lovely crew, best thin crust Margarita pizza and crisp salad in Seminyak, a massive 'water cooler' provided for each room.

VC is a soothing, green, tropical haven from the action outside. I had an open style Garden bungalow (A1) and loved it. Only issue I had in 5 days was my room was double booked on my last night and I had to move hotels, but Villa Coco bent over backwards to do all they could to make this right, booked a hotel , paid for it. .. mistakes happen, I was just sad to leave lovely Villa Coco 1 night early.

BONUS*** VC manager's tips in the room folder ..so rare to get this level of recommndation/ detail .. I went to two recommended places and was thrilled.

Money can’t buy charm and beauty? - it does here. This is value for money with lots of little 'extras' thrown in you'd pay for elsewhere. If the big resorts leave you cold, you'll love it here. Beach 5 mins walk, great supermarket 10 mins. Room service food is good for a night in. Yes, I recommend the frozen Margarita from the pool bar.

Thanks Villa Coco, see in the next few months.
Thank you, wonderful reception ladies ...!

Jasmine, Australia :)

Room Tip: Loved A1. Close to the exit and reception and I realy loved the whole layout of this bungalow (and m...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Jasminska
Melbourne
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I am here right now and couldn't wait to share this amazing place!! We've stayed in a couple of the rooms so far, so I can let you know about some of them already, hoping to get into the 4bdrm soon.

Where do I start? Okay, the staff. Amazing. Friendly, kind, caring. When they come in to clean my room, a whole army comes in! They even changed my mattress over while we have been here!

The food. Yummy. Good home cooked food. It's not Di Mare (a 6 star) but it is amazing and authentic. Hats off to the chef.

Security. Can't fault it. The way the villa is set up, it's practically impossible for people to just wander in, as they will be seen. So we leave our villa unlocked most of the time (we've been here 18 days) and left heaps of stuff out. It's always stacked up neatly when we get back, and I had left a hair tie from Mimco in one of the rooms and it was handed back to me in an envelope. I could not believe how honest she was (the staff member who handed it in). In Australia, it could have been nicked. My mum left some DKNY glasses in a Melbourne Hotel and knew exactly where she'd left them...gone by the time she rang back 24 hours later. A hair tie, come on!

Sorry, I'm raving a bit, I am just so excited to be here. I've stayed in A7 (new) and amazing. All the previous reviews about old and tired are so out dated, they may have been true then, you can ignore them!

C4, older but wow, your own garden and pool! We sit out and listen to the frogs each night and watch the squirells in the trees, having a beer. Soooooo cool!

The garden ones are good too, not for everyone, as they are very traditional. But they are so reflective of the real Bali and I love them. But, I prefer the pool villas.

I've read some of the recent reviews and to be honest, nearly cancelled after one was up about some theft. But it was taken down and I contacted people who have given good reviews, and got a very different picture. I reckon some people just complain for the sake of it. It's a foreign country, things are done different here. Yep, we've had a couple of things we weren't happy about, BUT why tell you about them? Will it help your experience? Not one bit! Because, in Bali, things do go wrong. It's what happens. Today, we had no power for 6 hours. Niether did anyone else in the area. Get over it! I could not believe the whingers!

So, when we've had something go wrong, we've called up reception, or gone up there, and it's been fixed right away.

Maybe, it's because we are all friendly and happy people. We love the Balinese and we understand their culture. Some of the previous reviews only reflect their lack of understanding of this complex but giving country. They are guests, but act terribly. anyway, I have read the reviews, and just wanted to let you all know that Villa Coco is amazing. It's NOT for everyone, no hotel or villa is for everyone!!

Why would you pick here?

- location
- intimacy
- staff
- breakfast included (healthy, with fatty one at a small cost!)
- bar that attracts guests, I've made heaps of friends already
- clean
- great value for money

What things are outside their control?
- power shortages
- drunk aussies who make accusations of theft and who are generally disliked by all the staff there...they can't pick their guests, but the 4bdrm villa does seem to attract people with unrealistic expectations, who get drunk and don't respect the local gentleness
- occasional noise from building or music, but this is everywhere in Bali at some point. True, there is a big building going in behind it, so I would recommend rooms up the front, but just check first
- hard water that can make towels hard...everywhere in Bali, unless they replace them weekly. If you don't care about your planet, complain about the towels, and they can be recycled and just thrown out when perfectly good...get my drift?!
- frogs...oooh, noisy! (But I love them, but was amzed someone here has complained about them!)
- Access is down a laneway....some call that secure and private, others complain about it

Last final note, Claire is the manager and she runs a tight ship. The staff love her. We learned Indonesian in school and chat away to the staff, and they tell me how upset she has been over a couple of nasty reviews. Claire is always looking out for whether the staff are doing the right thing, I think she was a policewoman once, she is honest as the day is long and would lay down for her staff. She's helped out with a couple of local issues (when we were DUMB enough to ride a bike without a licence...okay, we are stupid!!), and always has time for a chat. Whoever one of the reviewers wrote about must have really upset her, because she has only ever been gorgeous and professional to us. If you are allowed to can her, then surely we are allowed to give a counter view? Theres an old saying..."If you spot it, you got it."

We don't believe in fixing our own toilets, we put our money in our safe (when we remember), we feel safe as houses, and we are a young group traveling together. Rule No. 1...if it's broken, call reception. Love doing that, we don't have to worry about stuff, someone else does it for us! And, we also realise the staff are human and sometimes forget things. They forgot to leave the little towels one day...boo hoo! We rang up and they came straight down. They are human!!!! Crikey, I thought Aussies were a practical bunch, but some people don't know how to use a phone!!

Anyway, write to me if you want to know anything. I have more days here and am off to enjoy a beer by the pool, chat to some of the great guests, then wander down for some seafood by the beach. Love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Check about local building works, rooms near driveway best now, but bali is really busy and building...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
10 Thank Kaitlyn V
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My wife and I and our 2 small children have just returned from a lovley short break in Bali where we stayed at the Villa Coco. We had such a nice time at Villa Coco, it was very relaxing at the end of a hectic day and the villa that we styed in had a high degree of privacy.

The kids loved playing in the rooms and especially enjoyed the pool, and so did us grown-ups! The pool bar was terrific and Ketut's Margaritta was a great way to cool down. We had Villa B1 right next to the pool and weren't disturbed in any way by other pool users. The staff were helpful and friendly and the front desk assisted us with some special requests and side trips.

The rooms were lovely and the air con worked well. Villa Coco is in a great spot just a short walk to all the action. Every night my family, including 2 girls ages 4 and 6, walked the short distance to the local beach for dinner at a different resteraunt every night and they were all good! So much to see at the beach, always something happeneing - and the sunsets, wow!

Villa Coco - thanks for having us, we will certainly be back!

Room Tip: B1 is right next to the pool!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Matt B
Jakarta
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I'm in the process of confirming our stay for 2-7 Jan in a 2-BR pool open-living villa. I've just been reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor about Villa Coco and felt that I just had to send an email to say I hope that you at VC don't get too disappointed by the negative reviews. Personally, I think the people that write these negative reviews perhaps are not well traveled, and most probably the kind of people that are just basically unhappy individuals and need to look for something to complain about in most everything in their lives. We - my wife and two children - have stayed at Villa Coco a number of times over the years, always in a 2 BR garden villa. I can say without exception that we've just had a ball from the moment we walked into the villa, and we always hated to take that long 'last' walk down to the front desk to check out. You've got a jewel of a place, and much of the beauty is that it is NOT what is typically and unfortunately considered as "5-star" today - which usually translates into modern, colorless, sterile, humorless, textureless, packaged, branded. However, in our minds, the Villa Coco is most certainly a 5-star Balinese experience, and we've stayed at some of the finest hotels in the world, and we demand a suitably high level of cleanliness and maintenance. Villa Coco has without exception met our requirements in all respects. One of the biggest assets VC has - and it has many - is its staff - capable, friendly, warm, welcoming, helpful - genuine is the correct word, in every sense. But it's also hard to beat the feeling of walking into our own private world after a day of beaching, to not worry about tracking a bit of sand in with us, to shower in the open-air bathroom, and just relax listening to the sounds coming into the villa, but still being isolated from them, to wander the short walk to the main pool and it's very inviting bar and fellow guests, to experience that feeling of being truly at home. Don't let anyone discourage you - you've got a superb facility, stay the way you are, you're doing a great job!
Regards,
Jim Weirich (USA)

Room Tip: Definitely go for the 'open living' villas rather than closed villas; pool villa is nice bu...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with family