“Enjoyable stay”
Review of The Kunthi Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
The Kunthi Villas
Ranked #344 of 421 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

First of all, we booked this via agoda because its relatively reasonable for a villa that comes with a pool. Seeing it in real life is not as impressive as the photo posted on their website. A little aged but all in all clean and comfortable. Pool size was just right and service is ok. Breakfast choice is rather limited but enough for a 3N stay.

Distance to seminyak is 5 mins drive away. For SGD180 per night, I think its value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kris K

Families
Solo
Business
Toulouse, France
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

We enjoy our private swimming pool, it was perfect!
The villa is spacious with everything you need. Everything was clean and wifi very good even in the villa.
Breakfast was good but not perfect. But you can choose what you prefer and staff will change it for you, staff is really helpful.
The location is not convenient, you need to take a taxi if you want to go out. There are no sidewalk everywhere it can be dangerous on night.
If they use free shuttle this place will be one of the best in Seminyak!

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Gastronome92
Kuching
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Booked a villa for June stay, but after booking were made 3 hours later, I've realized I've made a mistake hence I need to cancel my booking even it's stated no cancellation policy.
So I contacted the booking website to arrange for cancellation with waiver of cancellation charges, and the villa has agreed in black&white to waive the cancellation charges without any penalties.
The the day after the cancellation was confirmed, I was shocked to received a notification from my credit card company that I've been billed FULL amount for the cancellation.
First I thought this is a genuine mistake by the villa, hence I contacted them again for the clarification, but they claim they never billed me.
So when I forwarded them the notification from my credit card company, they admitted that they did charged me! because of their no cancellation policy!
First they promised you there's no cancellation charges and yet they'll secretly charge you the full amount in behind! This is a fraud!!

FYI, Kunti villa and a few villas like Aya Villa and the Club villa in Seminyak area are all under the same management company call HoMMS Resort & Villas Bali, which is the company that has billed me the full amount.
If you've read some of the reviews from Aya Villa, The Club villas and those under Homms, you'll see many of the guests are kicked around like a ball between the villas. Many times the original villa that they've booked will tell them the villa is full or double booked or some cooked up excuses when they arrive, just to kick you to their sister properties in other locations.

So BEWARE!! DON'T STAY AT ANY OF THE PROPERTIES UNDER HOMMS.
AND NEVER EVER TRUST THEM WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS, AND NEVER BELIEVE IN ANY OF THEIR PROMISES!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Lawrence1976

Travelers are raving about these Seminyak hotels

Singapore
Reviewed May 14, 2007

My husband and I just got back from the Kunthi few days ago. The villa looked fantastic in the pix but it's not like the real thing.

We were greeted by friendly staff and they provided us with a personal butler. They provide transport out of the villa to any area (except Jimbaran which is chargeable). We had to get a taxi to come back as it was rather remote. Pool is big, 8x4m, and you can get the sun. The outdoor shower is great. They put rose petals and chocolates on the bed which is really nice. And, they even set up the bathtub with flowers in it. Breakfast is prepared by our butler and it was delicious.

The bad part: the aircon wasn't cold, we were rather irritated by the heat after we check-in. They told us they will try to fix it when we are out and it does improve during night but still rather warm that we couldn't use the mozzie net as it blocks out the cold air. As a result, I got bitten by mozzie and not to mention the frustration being awakened middle of the night by the buzzing mozzie next to my ear.

Taps are bit abit rusty, parts of the deck chair is falling apart, poor dvds selection and not really updated. We had to buy our own. They provide drinking water, glass bottled ones which is a hassle cos we had to keep calling the butler to refill it. In the end, we decided to get our own. You can't use their computer for flight check-in so you have to walk to the next door internet shop for usage. And the connection speed is really slow.

Overall, if the aircon is functioning well, I would be enjoying my stay as the staff try their best to accommodate your requests. But given the remote area, and the cost per night, I would try other villas next time.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2006

I stayed here for 4nights and loved it!
The service was good and the people here were friendly.
Each villa had a private pool, outdoor shower, kitchen and outdoor dining area.
They'll come and cook breakfast in your very own kitchen every morning! and they provide free transport to Kuta beach.

There's also a nice western supermarket within walking distance.

Would definitely come & stay again.

• Liked — Nice private pool & outdoor kitchen+dining area. Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Not right next to the beach
  • Stayed February 2005, traveled as a couple