We had never gone to Indonesia, so we had no clue how this villa was going to turn out. We booked Villa Air for 7 days just based on reviews on tripadvisor. And we nailed it.
I emailed the front desk to pick us up at the airport in Bali (US$20), and they picked us up in a nice van, water and fresh towels inside to freshen up, complimentary.
We got to the villa and it was a true bali home. Each Villa is gorgeous, the decoration really makes you feel like you are in Indonesia, they even have indonesian music playing in the living room, and pictures of Bali running in your pc in the bedroom when you go in. Our villa was a one bedroom villa, very private. Had a living room, small kitchen where they would prepare breakfast every morning and serve it in the privacy of your villa. Private pool is amazing and big, always very clean. They think in every little detail, like having mosquito repelent (hey, this is a tropical enviroment in Bali, so you should expect to see little mosquitos and frogs at night) for you in the bathroom, that you can use everyday and they would replace it with more, they would have anti mosquito smoke in your villa every afternoon so when you return to the villa, there are no insects. We were never bitten and we could swim at night in our pool and it was always mosquito free. They have a mini bar stocked with beer and soft balinese drinks that you can have everyday, complimentary. They would re stock every single day if you drink them all. Also, 3 kinds of indonesian peanuts in your bedroom to have a snack whenever you want, restock everyday.
They give you a choice of 6 different kinds of breakfasts that you can eat in the restorant, or at your own villa. They have breakfast from China, Korea, Indonesia, Japan, Mexican, American. We tried them all and all of them were fantastic. Always with fresh juice (tropical fruit, yummy), coffee, several kinds of teas, etc. John was our server, excellent guy!! they call you on the phone before they knock on the door to make sure they can go in your villa and don´t disturb. Staff is absolutely polite and delicate, very respectful with your privacy. They prepare breakfast in the villa and even wait to sit you down. It´s just perfect! After you are done, they call on the phone and ask to go to the villa to clean everything up.
Every day, from 6 to 10 pm, there´s the "afternoon tea", a complimentary tea time with a choice of 5 different coffees or teas and a selection of pastries, each day is different and from different countries. Delightful!
Since it was our first wedding anniversary, we got a complimentary 2 hour massage in our villa. The massage was superb! so good we got another one they after, You have your own massage beds and also a sauna in your villa. Massage comes with a ginger tea, and a selection of oils that you can choose from.
They also have complimentary taxi to go to Kuta, since Seminyak is more private and it´s not right next to the beach. One day we wanted to rent a motorbike to get to know around, we asked the front desk, and they had the bike with helmets within the hour. Very organized and on time.
It is true the villa is located on a very damaged street, but hey, in Bali all the street have holes and are not very good. The villa is well know in Bali, so any taxi can take you back to the villa. We never had any problems regarding location. Actually, It made it less noisy and very private, just what we were looking for. Kuta is tacky, while Seminyak is nicer and sofisticated.
We had the time of our lives. If you go to Villa Air Bali, you will remember me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by generous, lush, tropical gardens, Villa Air Bali is a peaceful and tranquil private boutique resort near buzzling Seminyak, combining Balinese and Asian design with Zen elements, ultimate privacy and personal service. 'Air', means 'water' in Bahasa Indonesia and symbolizes the flow of life, purity, serenity, healing and cleansing. The element has been woven into the resort's architectural design to let every guest experience the pleasures of the distinctive surroundings. Relax and unwind or actively discover Bali - the choice is yours. Villa Air Boutique Resort & Spa is just minutes away from white sandy beaches. Located close to the heart of Seminyak in Petitenget, within walking distance you are in the center of the lively and fashionable Seminyak, to discover chic fashion boutiques, unique art deco shops as well as some of Bali's best dining venues. We are just 30 minutes away from 'Ngurah Rai International Airport'. For a convenient and safe ride, the resort offers private airport transfers and shuttle services within Seminyak and Kuta with our own cars and drivers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Villa Air Bali Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Air Bali Boutique Resort & Spa Hotel Seminyak
- Villa Air Bali Boutique Resort And Spa
- Hotel Air Bali Boutique
- Villa Air Bali Boutique Resort & Spa Seminyak