“Nice villa”

Ranked #59 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
singapore
“Nice villa”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Visited the hotel recently and stayed in the one bed room villa. The villa is nicely decorated and equipped with open living and dining area, a pool, and a bed room. There is also a huge bathroom with shower and bathtub.

The villa is very exclusive and we really enjoy our privacy while staying there. Mini bar is free and they will stock up the mini bar daily with 2 bintang beers, some soft drinks and teh bottles. My husband really enjoys the tasty snacks and fresh fruits provided daily.

There are a 6 different breakfasts selections daily. Afternoon tea break are served with own choice of fresh juice and pastries which made available from 3.30pm to 9.30pm. We are given a choice to either dine in the cafe or the villa.

Staff are friendly and the rooms are clean and spacious.
Excellent spa!

The two set back will be the :

1) there are many bugs in the villa ( living room / pool area) at night. I think it's not the hotel's fault as these are open area surrounded by plants and tropical weather. Not able to enjoy night swimming as the bugs will be laying around everywhere near the pool or in the water,

2) the hotel is located away from the main street of Seminyak. Even the hotel provides complimentary transfer to Seminyak and Kuta, but hotel has limited car to bring you around. Therefore, early transfer booking is a must and is subject to availability. If the car is unavailable, you will have to engage private taxi to travel around.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I tied the knot here a few weeks ago. We stayed for 3 nights in the Grand Villa and got the wedding package advertised on their website. We were not disappointed. The hotel staff, the wedding planner (Christina!), make-up artist, photographer, singers all made our small wedding a huge success. We wouldnt change a thing. Do recommend to go in with an open mind as we were never sure on exactly how the wedding was going to pan-out. This in mind, the wedding went without a hitch and everyone had a blast. We are typical kiwis and were blown away with the villa, as were our guests (party of 10 - perfect number). Hotel & Seminyak is isolated - its not walking distance to the beach..so perfect in creating a more intimate environment for chillin'. Do be careful about where you dine...seminyak is very pricey! Try Bali Sate..its near Seminyak Square (about 5 minute drive from the villa)..gorgeous, cheap, authentic food (plus hawkers and market!). Hotel accomodated all our transport needs, you need to book at the front office, but never once were we turned away (even when we needed 2 vehicles). Thanks to Christina and the team for making us feel welcome in your beautiful hotel and country.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We chose to come here because there was going to be a traditional band and dances. The music and dancing was very good, and the dancers engaged the diners. But the rest of the night was a huge disappointment. We ordered a vegetarian sate and a mie goreng. The sate was brought out 10 min earlier than the mie goreng and so my meal was cold by the time my friends food arrived. The sate was shocking!!!! It came as 5 vegetable skewers , a bowl of rice and a side salad. The vegetable skewers had no sauce on them, and just like the rice, unsalted. The salad was pretty much just lettuce, and had no dressing. It was bland with a side of bland and more bland. I ended up having to ask the waiter to get me the sate sauce that was supposed to come with the meal. He came back with 3 tablespoons of cold satay sauce. I do not recommend eating here, if you can avoid it...

5 Thank dee d
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2012

What a weekend at Villa Air Bali.

We decided on Villa Air as the place to hold our Wedding Ceremony and Reception as well as the stay for the night before and of the wedding. The week before the special day we met with Villa Air F&B Team to discuss the layout, menu and timetable. Well the team delivered beyond expectations. Firstly, Christina showed us through the property and then sat us down to taste test the menu. With consultation with the Head Chef who came out to meet us we decided on a uber luxurious five course menu of sashimi, bbq prawns, soup, salmon / steak and dessert. We tasted the wines and matched with the meal. Nothing was too much trouble for the team.

The Stay

The night before the wedding I stayed at Villa Air as tradition says I should be away from my then wife to be! After been incredibly happy with the size of and quality of the one bed villa, the bathrooms are perfectly positioned - we stayed in the 1 bed wedding villa - Villa 2 however I saw the bathrooms of Villa 10 and 15 and these too are amazing. I ordered my complementary evening supper - the rooms come with snacks, complementary mini bar, afternoon tea / supper, water and a spa treatment.

At about 10:30 I went to bed and by 1:30am I was hit like a freight train with Bali Belly! The night before the wedding and I was in the worst pain you could ever imagine. But this is where Villa Air rose beyond expectations. I called through to reception in the middle of the night and they brought me the standard medicines and hydration. By 6am they had the Bali Hospital on the phone and by 8 am the Bali Clinic at Seminyak Doctors at my bedside.

Throughout the day the Villa Air team worked with my family and groomsmen to get me as fit for the wedding as possible. From warm rice porridge to changing the bed linens nothing was too much trouble. After two visits from the doctors, help from the VA staff and dose of of injections I was able to make the wedding and thanks to the team it was a magical experience.

After the wedding the room was decorated beautifully and the following day they delivered our wedding flowers to our room. We returned 1 week later to visit family who decided to stay at Villa Air due to the beauty of the wedding and the team had kept our wedding bouquets to show other guests, a beautiful gesture.

The wedding package from Villa Air was definitely worth the money for those looking for a Balinese garden wedding. The resort is romantic and beautiful. We had 35 in our wedding party all reports was the meals tasted amazing - they looked beautiful - I had warm rice porridge for my wedding meal!, the beverage package is more than affordable, but needs to have cocktails added to it. The culinary team ensured my vegetarian guests had special wedding tasting plates and the entire party commented on the quality of food. The grounds are perfect for romantic interludes, photos and relaxed partying. Thank you for making our wedding beautiful.

Room Tip: Villa 2 is beautiful with an indoor outdoor bathroom.
2 Thank GlobalTVR
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Villa Air Bali is simply beautiful. From the moment we arrived (after 36 hours of traveling), we were instantly relaxed. The staff, the grounds, the villa - all perfection. We had a bamboo suite - which was large with an amazing pool, computer, phone & internet in the suite. It's all very private and we didn't see another guest except at the restaurant. The morning breakfasts were delicious. The massage at the spa was one of the best we received in Bali. Villa Air is about a 5-10 minute drive to the beach and town - but we liked being away from the hustle & bustle. Zero complaints about the hotel, but not sure I would go back to Seminyak. Great beach for surfing - but not a beach you want to swim / sunbathe at. If you're looking for a lazy "beach" vacation - this is probably not the best location. One Note: Have their phone number ready when you arrive at the airport. The airport can be overwhelming with all of the drivers waiting - and our driver was a few minutes late. We called and were assured he was on his way (which he was) - but the experience could be overwhelming if you've never been to Bali.

Room Tip: The suites are very large. We had the smallest Bambu Villa and it was PLENTY of room for a couple...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My wife and i spent 2 nights in Villa Air Bali, and experienced very relaxing life in Bali. The staffs are considerate and friendly. My wife said: They smiled a lot! The free shuttles are very convenient for us. Most important, the whole environment is quite. We slept very well in these nights; we love the "bed" here. Also, the traditional Balinese massage is great. Recommended.

2 Thank Shihwen H
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 5, 2012

For a surprise Xmas present for my love I bought us a 5 day mini-break to Bali. After taking nearly 2 hours to travel 12 km from the airport into Seminyak we were keen to kick bakc and relax. The villa was modern, clean fairly spacious. I have written a very comprehensive review of this accomodation including photos on my blog @ http://www.chompchomp.com.au/2012/05/villa-air-bali-seminyak-bali/

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple