“Amazing wedding and service that always make you smile”

Villa Air Bali Boutique Resort & Spa
Ranked #43 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed May 20, 2012

What a weekend at Villa Air Bali.

We decided on Villa Air as the place to hold our Wedding Ceremony and Reception as well as the stay for the night before and of the wedding. The week before the special day we met with Villa Air F&B Team to discuss the layout, menu and timetable. Well the team delivered beyond expectations. Firstly, Christina showed us through the property and then sat us down to taste test the menu. With consultation with the Head Chef who came out to meet us we decided on a uber luxurious five course menu of sashimi, bbq prawns, soup, salmon / steak and dessert. We tasted the wines and matched with the meal. Nothing was too much trouble for the team.

The Stay

The night before the wedding I stayed at Villa Air as tradition says I should be away from my then wife to be! After been incredibly happy with the size of and quality of the one bed villa, the bathrooms are perfectly positioned - we stayed in the 1 bed wedding villa - Villa 2 however I saw the bathrooms of Villa 10 and 15 and these too are amazing. I ordered my complementary evening supper - the rooms come with snacks, complementary mini bar, afternoon tea / supper, water and a spa treatment.

At about 10:30 I went to bed and by 1:30am I was hit like a freight train with Bali Belly! The night before the wedding and I was in the worst pain you could ever imagine. But this is where Villa Air rose beyond expectations. I called through to reception in the middle of the night and they brought me the standard medicines and hydration. By 6am they had the Bali Hospital on the phone and by 8 am the Bali Clinic at Seminyak Doctors at my bedside.

Throughout the day the Villa Air team worked with my family and groomsmen to get me as fit for the wedding as possible. From warm rice porridge to changing the bed linens nothing was too much trouble. After two visits from the doctors, help from the VA staff and dose of of injections I was able to make the wedding and thanks to the team it was a magical experience.

After the wedding the room was decorated beautifully and the following day they delivered our wedding flowers to our room. We returned 1 week later to visit family who decided to stay at Villa Air due to the beauty of the wedding and the team had kept our wedding bouquets to show other guests, a beautiful gesture.

The wedding package from Villa Air was definitely worth the money for those looking for a Balinese garden wedding. The resort is romantic and beautiful. We had 35 in our wedding party all reports was the meals tasted amazing - they looked beautiful - I had warm rice porridge for my wedding meal!, the beverage package is more than affordable, but needs to have cocktails added to it. The culinary team ensured my vegetarian guests had special wedding tasting plates and the entire party commented on the quality of food. The grounds are perfect for romantic interludes, photos and relaxed partying. Thank you for making our wedding beautiful.

Room Tip: Villa 2 is beautiful with an indoor outdoor bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GlobalTVR

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Villa Air Bali is simply beautiful. From the moment we arrived (after 36 hours of traveling), we were instantly relaxed. The staff, the grounds, the villa - all perfection. We had a bamboo suite - which was large with an amazing pool, computer, phone & internet in the suite. It's all very private and we didn't see another guest except at the restaurant. The morning breakfasts were delicious. The massage at the spa was one of the best we received in Bali. Villa Air is about a 5-10 minute drive to the beach and town - but we liked being away from the hustle & bustle. Zero complaints about the hotel, but not sure I would go back to Seminyak. Great beach for surfing - but not a beach you want to swim / sunbathe at. If you're looking for a lazy "beach" vacation - this is probably not the best location. One Note: Have their phone number ready when you arrive at the airport. The airport can be overwhelming with all of the drivers waiting - and our driver was a few minutes late. We called and were assured he was on his way (which he was) - but the experience could be overwhelming if you've never been to Bali.

Room Tip: The suites are very large. We had the smallest Bambu Villa and it was PLENTY of room for a couple...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My wife and i spent 2 nights in Villa Air Bali, and experienced very relaxing life in Bali. The staffs are considerate and friendly. My wife said: They smiled a lot! The free shuttles are very convenient for us. Most important, the whole environment is quite. We slept very well in these nights; we love the "bed" here. Also, the traditional Balinese massage is great. Recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shihwen H
Reviewed May 5, 2012

For a surprise Xmas present for my love I bought us a 5 day mini-break to Bali. After taking nearly 2 hours to travel 12 km from the airport into Seminyak we were keen to kick bakc and relax. The villa was modern, clean fairly spacious. I have written a very comprehensive review of this accomodation including photos on my blog @ http://www.chompchomp.com.au/2012/05/villa-air-bali-seminyak-bali/

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Chompchompblog
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Spent 5 nights at Villa Air as part of our honeymoon. Stayed in a pool villa. Incredibly spacious kitchen and lounge beside the pool, and a large outdoor bathroom with water feature beside the bath, and rain showerhead. All very tastefully decorated. Very very private. Having the private pool was a lifesaver after walking around the streets for any length of time. Breakfast servings were huge and the restaurant, room cleaning, and turn-down service was all very good and efficient. The afternoon tea service and iced coffee was also very well received.

The location is little lacking, don’t be put off by the pot-holed road leading to the entrance – this is a case of Bali’s rampant tourist development leaving the local infrastructure in its wake. Although it’s a long way from the beach, the coast around Seminyak is nothing special compared to nz beaches, and Villa Air is only 10 minutes walk to a street with a huge selection of restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sageofwhimsy
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We recently honeymooned in Bali & stayed in Villa Air Bali at the beginning of our trip. The hotel was perfect for a few days of relaxation. Our villa was better than we'd expected, and we picked in part based on positive TripAdvisor reviews which we are here to reinforce. Super clean, spacious, private, and in all ways relaxing. So much better a value than what you'd get from a hyper-large hotel chain. I wish I were there now.

That said, you do sacrifice some access, in favor of the privacy. The beaches nearby were OK, but nothing to travel thousands of miles for. IMHO, same with the shopping. So, I wouldn't necessarily pick this location if you're looking for the best culture or beach time or the like. Go to other parts of Indonesia for that.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank benjamama
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We stayed at Villa Air Bali for our honeymoon - both Villa Air and Semiyak had everything we were seeking in the honeymoon and we had a fantastic time

Villa Air in particular was great...we had a one bedroom villa which was amazing. Had also had the BBQ banquet and spa in villa, which were both also amazing.

The service in Villa Air was excellent...very friendly staff who did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable.

While we enjoyed this stay as newly wed's, we both agreed that would love to come back to Villa Air and Semiyak in the near future with the some babeee's and friends!

Thank you to Villa Air for making our Honeymoon a very enjoyable one!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple