“All you could want.” 5 of 5 stars

The Kunja Villas & Spa
Ranked #3 of 137 Hotels in Seminyak
“All you could want.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We just spent 5 nights at the Kunja, we could have stayed forever. The villas are great, the location is great, but the service is beyond expectation. We had our 6mth old with us, nothing was too much trouble, we would get driven from the villa to any local spot we desired, then it was a quick taxi home. Breakfast was delivered and cooked & served to us in the villa each morning by the pool. The entire facility was at 100% occupancy when we stayed, but you wouldn't know, always so quiet & relaxed. Cannot recomend this place enough, we look forward to our return stay, thank you Kunja.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mangku S, Manager at The Kunja Villas & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear PoopySheepyWellsly

Thank you so much for your kind comments, we have shared them with the team especially your positive feedback on our service. I hope we have a chance to welcome you at the Kunja again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a few days and loved the privacy and cleanliness of this beautiful Villa! The staff (although not strong with their English speaking) tried their best to attend to our needs. I must also add that the breakfast was so yummy and something I looked forward to waking up to each day! I especially loved the pancakes and fresh fruit juices as well as the variety of food they offered. The staff are always willing to help out and although it is expensive, it's worth it! Great for couples!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear FayFayxo,

I hope you did have an amazing time with us and I am thankful for all of your comments and they have been shared with the team. I have also noted that we need to improve the English level of our staff & certainly we're working on that & we look forward to seeing you again soon!.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Just left the kunja after a five night stay all good reviews on trip advisor are very very true and the photos you see online are very accurate, we arrived at our villa at 2 am to be upgraded to a three bedroom villa 19 after booking a one bedroom, omg this villa is huge my jaw dropped when I first walked through their wooden villa door, very very clean, comfortable bed, amazing bathroom like I have never seen before, nothing is to much trouble all you have to do is ask, what we mainly found was we didnt feel like we ever got ripped off here even down to the money changing. For those people that say you cant walk anywhere from here its all in your head.....everything is close by yes a walk of 5 or 10 minutes what else are you going to do with your time....bars, restaurants, mini mart are all close by, just a few steps away is a bar and restaurant we didnt eat there so cannot comment, when you arrive along a very bumpy dirt road do not worry your amazing villa awaits you. We had a small problem with construction next door they were putting the roof on while we were there and they could see inside our bathroom but I just showered in one of the other bedrooms there was very very little noise that didnt bother us at all....the roof is nearly done so it should not be a problem for much longer. Thank you Kunja our stay was fantastic and when asked about how they could improve our stay we couldnt think of anything. Please stay here you will not be dissapointed, Im very fussy where I stay and I will be back without a doubt.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reza A, Front Office Manager at The Kunja Villas & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Kerriejh50,

Thank you so much for your kind comment & it was a true pleasure to have you stay with us. I've noted about the project next to our villa & I'd apologized for that should it bothered your privacy. FYI we have built fences along the wall to ensure our guest privacy, beside the project is nearly in completion.
Once again thank you for choosing The Kunja Villa & Spa to spend your holiday in Bali & we look forward to welcome you back on a future visit!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is our 4th stay at The Kunja so needless to say we think its excellent. It's only a small complex of 16 villas which we find nice. The staff are very friendly and love kids. They can never do enough for you. We got married in The Kunja chapel and had our reception with 50 people pool side in a 3 bedroom villa. I can't recommend a better villa to stay in. The only downside is they don't have 2 bedroom villas only 1 or 3.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Reza A, Front Office Manager at The Kunja Villas & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hi Scottys_77,

It was a true pleasure to welcome you back at The Kunja Villa & Spa.

The team and myself are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for allowing us to contribute to your holiday!

We all look forward to welcome you back.
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We spent 3 nights and it was very peaceful. Great villa to come home to after shopping and enjoying many spas in seminyak. We found no matter how much you pay all massages are pretty much the same...heavenly. I really loved the scrubs and massage combo.

Staff at the villa very helpful but we found the breakfast very average and preferred the great coffee in town and food.

Very clean and loved the open air bathroom we had no problem with mozzies however we used RID every night before heading out for dinner.

The road is terrible and not very safe with all the traffic I recommend booking a driver and staff organize this at any time to your door.

Very quiet we slept well...especially as we had a massage every day.

Room Tip: All villas have pools and the pool was wonderful.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Churchill48
Dear Churchill48,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback.
I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us at The Kunja and enjoyed the villa. I've noted about the breakfast and certainly we'll look into it.
The road now is being fixed and would be ready soon.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next experience.

Warmest Regards,

Reza Aryateja
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at their pool villa for 3 days and wish we could stay longer. Our 7 years old son just did not want to come out of the pool! Lovely greenery and amazing service. Dewi came to our villa every morning to cook our breakfast to order, strawberry pancakes, coconut water and what not! Great service. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Reza A, Front Office Manager at The Kunja Villas & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hi DGurgaon,
Glad to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us!
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, much appreciated! I will share your comment with the team & in particular with Dewi and I am certain that she will feel very appreciated that she provided a great service for you.
Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you when you are back in Bali.

Warmest Regards
Reza Aryateja
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My partner and I stayed 5 nights at the Kunja in early May and absolutely loved it, we regularly stay in 5* resorts with private pools but the pool at the kunja is one of the biggest we've ever had - we could actually do laps! The villa is simple but large and beautifully laid out, the staff are all incredibly friendly and helpful and really went out of their way day and night to help with whatever our requests were, including a last minute request for a birthday cake for me by my other half! There's no restaurant at the hotel but I actually really liked this fact as it meant that for each of the 5 nights we were there I thoroughly researched where we would eat each night and we had some amazing meals that perhaps we wouldnt have bothered to venture out for otherwise. The kunja is conveniently located for walking into seminyak to various restaurants and bars nearby. Many have noted the condition of the road to the hotel but this really didnt effect us at all - I'd just advise ladies to opt for flip flops or wedges rather than heels!

THe spa is good and well priced, I had both a massage and reflexology and thoroughly enjoyed them both.

I will say is that it did tend to feel like the staff were always in and out of our villa but I'm sure if you put the "do not disturb" sign up they'd leave you in peace. I really liked the fact they came in and made us breakfast then woke us up though my partner objected to being woken up but he's not a morning person!

One thing that they could perhaps do would be to put speakers from the sound system in the bedroom as we would play music but then wouldnt be able to hear it whilst getting ready.
I also struggled a little with the open air bathroom since the mozzis love me but its still really nice.

Overall really beautiful resort, we also had a peak at the wedding chapel which looked like a gorgeous venue - though I did wonder where one would hold the reception

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple