“Kunja Villas , what a beautiful place to stay”

The Kunja Villas & Spa
Ranked #1 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My Daughter and I stayed in a one bedroom villa , I was so impressed when the friendly staff opened the door to my villa the evening we got there .The pool and villa lights were all on , inflatable play equipment in the pool ready for my daughter to play with , beds turned down ready for bed. It felt like we were royalty .
It got even better the next morning when the staff cook and prepare your breakfast in your villa.I had bacon with scrambled eggs every day , It was delicious..
We stayed at the Kunja as my Sister in law was getting married at the Santi Chapel . The Kunja Staff know how to put on a beautiful wedding , not only did they decorate the Chapel in flowers , but they also decorated the three bedroom villa were my Sister in law had her reception for 60 people. Next time I'm in Bali , I will definately stay at the Kunja.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 14, 2012

The Kunja manager met us on arrival and we had a smooth check in. We actually arrived at 12.30pm, 5 adults and 3 children and they did their best to get our villa ready asap rather than telling us it wasn't available until 2pm. The villa was great. Clean, spacious and a great pool. The staff even bought a little kids slide in for us to entertain the little ones. Unfortunately we only stayed one night but we opted for the in house East meets West BBQ which was superb. A decent selection and again staff very impressive. The hotel is some way down a long road but easily accessible if somewhat away from the main shopping/erestaurant area of Petitenget. An easy 10 min walk for adults, but with young kids a cab maybe a better idea as the road was poor and not ideal for strollers.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ba22a
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My partner and I recently stayed at Kunja for our wedding. It was the most amazing experience. Nothing was a problem for Melly and the staff there. The Villas were very well kept, with all the finishings you'd expect for 5 star accommodation. The Villas themselves are very private, with high walls, pool, king size bed & a bathroom which is every womans dream.

Kunja is at the top end of Seminyak and a short stroll to Potato head (or just ask the staff to drop you off using the golf buggy for free) for all those interested in watching the sunset whilst sipping on a cocktail.

We actually got married at the Santi Chapel located at the base of the Kunja site. It was more perfect and picturesque then we could have possibly imagined. My now wife and I will definitley be making Kunja our home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RooDog35
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I was there for 4D3N in July 2012 to celebrate my gf birthday. I decided to request some form of surprises for my gf from Kunja and they were very kind to agree to it. They had decorated the bed with rose petals in a shape of the heart and filled the bath tub with rose petals. It was a pleasant and lovely surprise for my gf when we checked in.
I have to comment on their swimming pool. It was big and clean and was nicely decorated with planters around it. The breakfast was served daily inside the villa and the toilet was huge as well.
Very relaxing time and the service staff was excellent. The Kunja provides complimentary shuttle services to some of the nearby areas which was very convenient.
I will definitely stay in Kunja again and strongly recommend this to couples who want to spend some quality time together in a big, luxurious villa.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed here from July 2-July 5 during our time in Seminyak. I was convinced to stay here due to the large amount of space each villa provides, while, what I figured, to be relatively near the beach. That being said, my Kunja experience started at the airport where I was picked up my a friendly and kind-hearted driver and dropped off directly in my villa.

The space is indeed huge, with a large swimming pool and outdoor living space (kitchen included), bedroom (indoors), and large outdoor bathroom. Though vast, furnishings are rather sparse and minimalist. I did not enjoy the fact that the bathroom is outdoors since I do not like insects all that much. The bed is large and very comfortable, and comes adorned with a mosquito net, which gets let down during turn-down service.

Breakfast is provided, which entails someone (we had 2 people once) cooking and serving your meal in your kitchen. The idea is quaint, however we found it a bit awkward when they stood close by and watched/waited for us to eat our meal before they left the villa. Breakfast consists of either some traditional Balinese dishes (nasi goreng, mei goreng, rice porridge) or Western affair. Afternoon tea is also complimentary which is accompanied by pancakes, which are also prepared in your villa kitchen (not regular Western-styled pancakes). Overall the meal services are a nice touch.

Some of the negatives that I was not particularly fond of was the bug spray service, which was done late in the day (around 5 or 6pm), sprayed the premises to keep mosquitos away. I would not have a problem with this usually, except they also spray the bedroom (which is indoors) unless I requested for them not to. I also found some of the service to be a bit inconsistent. For example, I would have to call back reception to see if they remembered to send a pickup to the villa (after waiting for 20+ min), or if they were able to make a reservation at a restaurant (also 20+ min).

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gnowad
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed at the kunja in July of 2012 and next time I holiday in Bali I will definitely be staying there again. The service was excellent, the surroundings beautiful and the spa treatments were so fantastic we had one every day! I cannot speak highly enough about the staff who attend to your every need with politeness and a smile! The kunja surpassed my expectations in every way and I highly recommend a stay to people who enjoy privacy and luxury. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank JessEley
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Beautiful villas very luxurious and spacious. We had our own private pool and each morning we had our breakfast prepared in our villa. Can't say a bad thing about it. We would definately recommend it, wouldn't stay anywhere else in Seminyak.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Deley2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
#8 of 148 in Seminyak
W Bali - Seminyak
W Bali - Seminyak
#18 of 148 in Seminyak

Been to The Kunja Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!