“Ms”
other travelers have booked this property
Pool view Pool view
Living area
Kitchen area
Kitchen
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
hannahw20...
Victoria, Australia
“Very poorly maintained property, paid 9 nights only stayed 1, terrible experience”
Reviewed July 2, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

The letter below was written to the owner who would not budge on a refund. We paid $1,800 USD and were only refunded $900 USD meaning we paid $900 USD for one night in a poorly maintained villa. The owner would not negotiate and we were forced to pay more money to pay for a new villa, poor, poor, poor customer service.

To whom it may concern

As you would be aware we moved from Lumut3 yesterday dissatisfied at the state of the villa. I could not speak more highly of Nick's handling of the matter in working to find a solution. (Nick is the booking agent)

I'd like to bring to your attention our experience. We arrived through the garage to walk past an old mattress leaning against a wall and other old furniture and were warmly greeted by a disheveled but friendly woman who we later learnt was the housekeeper. We noticed a room with what looked like sheets hanging over sliding doors hiding some kind of store room. This was our first impression of the villa.

We then went into the pool area where we noticed broken and missing tiles in the pool that overall didn't look very clean.

As we went to the kitchen there were an abundance of cables and leads protruding from the rear of the fridge and an unexplained plastic bag housing something electrical, this concerned me as it didn't look safe and we had our young daughter with us.

The fridge had food items left in it from a previous guest. The appliances in the kitchen were dated and rudimentary. Many of the cups and glassware were stained due to their age. The cleaning equipment was filthy and well past its used by date. There was mention there was a washing machine when we booked but I was not prepared to even walk into the laundry due to its poor condition.

Unannounced a pool cleaner let himself into the villa and without a word went about his work and then left.

The beds in both rooms were particularly hard with linen in one room that was grey from over use. The Airconditioning in one room did not work correctly leaving the room unbearable to sleep in. Few of the bedroom locks worked that made my wife particularly anxious as there was building taking place overnight in the adjacent property. Mosquitos easily entered both bedrooms with only one room having a mosquito net.

We arrived to the villa after dinner to find the garage door wide open and the security guard slumped on a bench seat outside.

All in all it was a very unpleasant experience made all the worse by now having to find a new villa and moving.

Nick has advised me of your offer of a 50% refund. Given the circumstances I do not believe this to be fair compensation given that the villa has not bee appropriately maintained to offer to international guests.

We based our booking on the numerous positive reviews the property has online, this is not what we found.

I believe a fair offer would be to pay you two nights accommodation and you refund us seven nights. We have acted in good faith and have now had the inconvenience and stress of seeking to right this situation.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: Losing $900 USD
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Jul 6, 2016
It is always unfortunate when a guest does not like the accommodation that has been booked, fortunately these incidents are very seldom, and in this case, as the booking agent, we made every effort to try to ensure that Tim and Hannah were promptly moved, upgraded, and we did our best to try to mediate between the guest and the owner, not an easy task, and we are obliged that the review does not levy any criticism against BaliVillasHVR.
Rather than a management response, I have written to the owner to request that he responds in person, his response is below:

Ah yes, I was expecting this review. It is unfortunate that your time at Lumut 3 was not as you had hoped, however, I find the insulting statements that you make about the villa to be unfair and false. I also find your threats of a ‘scathing review’ (quoted from the emails between myself and hannahw2000) if you did not receive the full refund to be ridiculous. Normally, if a customer cancels the rental agreement, the owner of the property will keep 100% of the amount paid. The 50% refund of your rental period was my first offer, and if it was not for your threats and insulting emails then a further deal could have been reached.

Addressing your issues with the actual villa: the ‘old mattress’ is in fact 5 months old and is supplied for additional people that may want to stay in the Villa, the chairs are also provided so you may host more than 6 people at the dinner table, the sheets at the door are in fact curtains for a storeroom. To call the housekeeper ‘dishevelled’ is also insulting, and if you had expected uniformed staff then I suggest you look at the hotels in the area. The pool is in perfect working order, as being described by previous reviews. There are cables located behind the fridge, however, are necessities to have a working fridge and other kitchen appliances, they are located behind the fridge and are hard to spot. The plastic bag is filled with pegs so the rain covers can be brought down and pegged in the stone, not electricals. The Coffee Drip machine is 6 months old, the bread toaster in less than 1 year old, the blender was purchased last summer; the appliances were certainly not dated, and were all chosen for my personal use as well as that of the guests. I cannot comment about the cleaning equipment, as the housekeeper is in charge of those aspects, however, she has assured me that they are all used for the requisite materials and are all used daily; it is, therefore, unlikely that they are ‘well past its used by date’. The fridge is filled with basics before the guests arrive so they will not have to go the shops as soon as they arrive. There is a pool cleaner that comes thrice a week (which also addresses your statement that the pool ‘didn’t look very clean’) who enters the house with minimal disruption to any guests who are staying in the house, but I do apologise if this was unexpected and frightening. I was particularly shocked about your comment addressing the beds in both the rooms. Both rooms have ‘King Coil’ beds that are a couple of years old. All bedding used by the guests are replaced every six months and beige in colour. As I was not there, I cannot judge on your situation with the air conditioning (it was working two days before and after your stay), however, have been reassured by the Villa manager and housekeeper that is was in fully working condition. Both bedrooms have no gaps and are fully enclosed, however as Bali is in a tropical nation, mosquitoes are an unfortunate reality; the anti-mosquito spray is provided and spray to kill mosquitoes can also be purchased from any shop. Your issue with the security guard was unfair; the guard stays for 12 hours during the night and therefore may, at times, lay down.

As you can see, all other reviews are positive about this Villa, and I feel that for the price paid, you will find few other Villas offering a similar quality, location, and service. I find your manner of demanding further payment towards your second Villa disrespectful. I do hope that you enjoyed your remaining seven nights in Bali, however, I feel that the above review is both inaccurate and rude.

I hope the next step in the progression of tripadvisor review data will also permit hoteliers and private villa owners to also post reviews of guests in order that troublesome guests can be avoided
robandmel...
Adelaide, Australia
“Ms”
Reviewed November 3, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We enjoyed our stay at the villa, all the staff are very friendly and helpful. So many amazing resturants and shops, literally down the road. Missing it already ☺

Jasmine-M...
Quebec, Canada
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 14, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We had a wonderful time in this villa which is perfect to relax. The location is interesting to stay in Seminyak. It's closed from restaurants, shops and beach...and quite at the same time.
It's very big and comfortable for a family of 4.
If we come back to Seminyak, we will stay here again!

Traveling group: Teenagers
Cassandra...
Sunshine Coast, Australia
“Great location....nice spacious villa”
Reviewed July 19, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Villa Lumut 3 is in a great location, down a laneway about halfway along Jl Kayu Ayu (eat street). Although we had scooters, it's walking distance to restaurants, cafes, shopping and the beach. The villa has a large pool with two sunlounges (receives sun until about mid afternoon) and two bedrooms (each with own ensuite - no bath) separated by the open living and kitchen area. The kitchen is fully self contained so you can prepare meals if you like....although why would you with so many great dining options nearby. There is also a washing machine. The housekeeper, Komang, is lovely and comes to clean and tidy between 10 and 1 and there is a security guard on duty from 6pm until 6am. Considering it's so close to the 'hub' it's surprisingly quiet. With the bedrooms being completely separated it is great for couples travelling together or for those with older children - probably not ideal for those with younger children. The villa is quiet spacious and open and you certainly don't feel boxed in as with some villas. We would definitely stay again!

Traveling group: Other
maree1960
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful villa”
Reviewed April 10, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

We had the best time at Villa lumut . We arrived on silence day and the owner had kindly purchased supplies for us. The villa is spacious and exactly like the photos. Well positioned to restaurants and bars. Housekeeper was beautiful and our night watchmen very helpful. Special thanks to Jarreth for going out of his way to assist my husband with his lost phone/wallet. We went with our close friends who were equally impressed. We will never stay in a hotel again! We will definately be back. Thank you for a great holiday.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
PKher
“Perfect villa in a perfect location!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We stayed for 4 nights at Villa Lumut and it was delightful! The Villa is beautifully laid out, giving a sense of sprawling spaciousness. It's completely private and yet a minute away from the heart of the shopping and dining area in Seminyak. Rooms and linen were very clean, and the kitchen well equipped. The icing on the cake was the cleaning and laundry service provided by a smiling, pleasant housekeeper. Thank you Komang!
They also provided booking services for the surfing class out kids wanted to take, and recommendations on restaurants. We'll definitely be back!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Berlin
Reviewed February 18, 2014 for a stay in February 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing