“Faultless, Fabulous & Friendly!”

The Ulin Villas & Spa
Ranked #3 of 145 Hotels in Seminyak
melbourne,australia
“Faultless, Fabulous & Friendly!”
Reviewed May 19, 2010

After a DISTAROUS trip to Bali over 20 years ago I vowed I’d never go back. During that particular vacation I broke up with my then boyfriend mid holiday, had my camera stolen, suffered the most mind blowing food poisoning, and then had to check out of my hotel room because it flooded….So needless to say when my partner suggested we go to Bali for a holiday I was adamant I didn’t want to go, after much cajoling he talked me around and I off I went…hesitantly! We booked the Ulin Villas after reading through other reviews posted here on Trip Advisor and let me tell you I was 100% satisfied we did!! These villas are absolutely beautiful, large, well kept, immaculately cleaned and just a beautiful oasis to get some well deserved R&R!! The staff were so helpful, friendly and accommodating, nothing was too much trouble…I wish I could have bottled there attitude and bought it home to sprinkle over some of the staff I work with!! We had beautiful breakfast cooked in our Villa every morning and the turn down service at night is quite unlike any thing I’ve experienced. We had a lovely surprise when on my b’day a cake arrived at our door accompanied by various staff members singing Happy Birthday to me in Balinese…just sooooo lovely. Last but not least we had to check out a day early due to a family emergency back at home not only did they let us use the villa until 6:00pm they also didn’t charge us for the night we had to cancel which was completely in there right to do so if they wished as we advised them late in our stay. We had such a great time that my partner and I plan to return again next year!!! A big turn around from me!! The first trip is now but a distant memory and a good dinner party story!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
singapore
Reviewed May 10, 2010

being my first solo trip to find peace and quite from my city life, Ulin villa is everything i am looking for. its friendly staffs who greets me from the airport to everyone from the villa and the spa masseur... i never felt i was lonely, yet i am able to get all the privacy i need. the villa, of cos, never fails me with its spacious rooms, generous greenery and personal pool. the most amazing thing is i get to wish upon a falling star on my last night at the villa.

thanks for making my trip a special one!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
mumbai
Reviewed May 3, 2010

one of the best villas ever stayed in .....abs. perfect....right from the check in to the pool to the breakfast to the candles lite everynight. One of the best service i have experienced . Breakfast was good, even for veggies. Area around also very good, beach close, general store, restaurants.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 1, 2010

stayed for 4 days in ulin. the staff were great..the bathtub is awesome and the pool is a great private amenities. breakfast was prepared on time and is delicious. Spa was great for couple either in villa or at the spa itself. Will definitley come back again

Sydney Australia
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Stayed in a 2 bedroom villa on a 4 night package and felt like royalty the whole time- from morning when the chef came to cook breakfast for us in our kitchen, to night with the turn down service. The villa itself was fabulous with a good sized pool and garden, stunning outdoor bathrooms and all the modern amenities (free wi-fi and 3 flat screen TVs!). Staff waited on us hand and foot but disappeared when privacy was requested. The Spa facilities were lovely too. All this and less than 2 minute walk to some of the best restaurants in Bali. Free transfers on request meant the shops were only a short airconditioned drive away and then you could come home to the peace of your private haven and have a long cold drink from your complimentary mini bar! Who could ask for more?

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank travelingaussie0
Reviewed April 12, 2010

It goes without saying that Villa Ulin is one of the most friend/y , authentic , peaceful, romantic villas on the magical island of Bali. Service is faultless, villa beautiful, location A++. This is my second visit , and given that we are taking our family there later on in the year, I now like to consider Villa Ulin a 'second home'.

2 Thank zaviae
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2010

The Ulin villas is like a tropical oasis in Seminyak. Its a short stroll down a road from eat street, which makes choosing a restaurant really easy. The pool is lovely - big enough to swim properly (we had a 2 bedroom villa - the 3 bedroom pool is even bigger), the gardens are lovely - lots of bird life, and the rooms are really spacious. The outdoor bathroom was a bit of a shock, but you soon get used to that. Showering outside is actually quite nice. No one can see in, but they can hear what you do!!! It was lovely having our breakfast cooked in the villa - we were a bit worried about it but shouldn't have. The staff are all so friendly and can't do enough for you. The free shuttle was great - we used it every day - someones twice a day. There was only 1 time we needed to catch a taxi, so you can't complain. The restocking of the mini bar is also great. I would definately stay again and recommend Ulin Villas to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends