“Simply wonderful”

Ranked #5 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
London, United Kingdom
“Simply wonderful”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Ulin Villas for 1 week and had the most wonderful time. I have rarely stayed anywhere that I was so comprehensively satisfied as I was here. The location is simply superb - so central but also hidden away. The place feels so private and exclusive with your own wonderful private pool and everything you need a hassle free call away. The villas as simply gorgeous - designed wonderfully both inside and out. Service from the team wad exceptional. We really missed this place when we left. If I had one small complaint it is that the wifi and internet need to be better. It is there, it is free but it is not very good - small but necessary room for improvement.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ian R
Wayan W, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear “Ian R”

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to write your review.

I am delighted to learn that your stay at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA was simply wonderful, right from the exceptional service level from all team members, the super-central location, the villas that were simply gorgeous and the every little touch that made your stay comfortable and super relaxing. We highly value your comments on the internet connection which was not meeting your personal expectation.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again on your future visit to the island of Bali.

With warm regards,

Corporate General Manager – KARANIYA EXPERIENCE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sechelt, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Recently we spent 5 nights and I can't ad much to the other superlative reviews. The staff are friendly and helpful, and always have a smile. The villa itself is amazing, an enclosed courtyard, private pool, garden and air-conditioned luxury apartment. My only (slightly) negative comment would be there isn't enough closet space and hangars, and the dressing room area is a bit of wasted space that could be better used.

My wife celebrated her 60th birthday while we were there, and I had pre-arranged some flowers to be delivered with morning breakfast, but the staff also brought a cake and sang Happy Birthday, which was an unexpected surprise.

A luxurious, quiet oasis just minutes from the noise and crowding of Seminyak. Several top rated restaurants are just around the corner. It was our first time renting a villa, and it would be hard to go back to a regular hotel room after this experience. It is just as their pictures show, and the other reviewers have mentioned.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear “Tim M”

It was our pleasure having you here with us on your most recent Bali Holiday. It is rewarding to read your review and to hear how much you loved your villa, the friendly and helpful staffs and all in all you found THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA to be a luxurious oasis in the heart of Seminyak - Bali. We are honored to have the chance to celebrate your wife 60th birthday here. We glad that you and your wife loved the surprise.

We thank you very much for your comments and suggestion to have bigger closet/wardrobe in the room. My self and all team members at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA are very excited and look forward to welcoming you again on your upcoming Bali vacation.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Whatever wonderful comments I wish to write have already been said by other reviewers. The friendly and attentive staff, the services they provide to make your stay comfortable and delightful and the location is just great. The property is also well maintained for its age and beautifully landscaped.
The areas I would suggest for improvement are: a) mattress - it was a little too hard. b) air-con was noisy in bedroom. c) add some ceiling fans in the living/bedroom as well as the lounge area in front of the pool. During our recent stay, the weather was hot and having ceiling fans would have helped as we would not have to turn on the air conditioning all the time and therefore saving energy. This is in line with the property's commitment to environmental responsibility.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear “celinatan68”

Thank you very much for the wonderful comments you shared at TripAdvisor.com. I am happy to hear that your holiday at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA was memorable and relaxing. I am happy that you found our team members looked after you very well, attentive to all of your single requests, friendly and ensure your stay a comfortable and delightful one.

We highly value your constructive feedback on the AC and your suggestion to add more ceiling fan on the open plan areas of the villas. Thank you very much once again for taking your valued time to post your review. We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We do business in Bali and always stay at this stunning property. The villas are well equipped, the position is EXCELLENT… close to the wonderful restaurants and shopping areas of Seminyak but tucked away from the crowds and traffic. The one bedroom Villa includes a private swimming pool, outdoor kitchen and dining area (where your personal chef cooks your breakfast each morning… AMAZING) and a spa cabana where you can choose to have a massage or beauty treatment. If you prefer, you can have a treatment in air-conditioned comfort in the Ulin Spa which is next door to the Villas. We always have a few treatments during our stay and they are truly wonderful!

Bali is very tropical so mosquitoes can be a problem, but NOT at Ulin. They manage the mosquitoes with regular treatment (environmental sprays inside) and they also burn coils in your luxury outdoor bathroom and in your kitchen/dining areas. Each evening at around 6-7pm, some of the wonderful staff will arrive at your villa and replace your coils, treat the indoor areas to prevent the mosquitoes and pop the tea lights around your pool… romantic and functional!

I cannot speak highly enough of the beautiful staff. They are all so very friendly and really go out of their way to make your visit special. Don't miss out on the 'in villa BBQ'! I won't give away their special touches but just let me say that if you don't book at least a five night package you won't get the BBQ and it really is something to experience! We stay at Ulin twice yearly and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future! Congratulations to Management and Staff for an excellent property, exceptionally well managed. See you in August!!!

Room Tip: ANY room is awesome. Don't miss out on the 'In Villa BBQ'. DO make sure to book in for...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank wils0ncm
Wayan W, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear “wilsoncm65”

I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for taking your valued time to share your review at tripadvisor.com.

I am delighted to read that your stay at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA was another wonderful experience, super relaxing, a holiday that exceed your expectations. We aim to deliver a personal service and genuine care. I am happy to know that all team members were very friendly and always ready to help in any way they can. We are blessed to be located in one of the most sought after spot in Seminyak while at the same time remain serene and tucked away from the crowds. I agree with you that the in villa BBQ is a must.

My self and all team members are very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

WA
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to Ulin for the last 5 years, and we stay here at least twice a year. We have stayed in both the 1 and 2 bedroom villas and both are great. It has everything you could want in a villa. Sure there are cheaper places around, but you won't get the same level of privacy, comfort, service or amenities. It is just so peaceful and relaxing. It really is like being in a your own utopia. The staff are amazing ( particularly Wiri and Delima) - nothing is ever too much trouble. The location is great. Food is great. Pool is great. Cleanliness is great. I can't say enough good things about it - we just love it and we will keep coming back each year.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear “Jo M”

Thank you very much for being one of our most loyal customers. It is always a pleasure to have you with us here. I am glad to read that you had another relaxing holiday at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA, a place you prefer to call as “a home away from home”.

I am happy to hear that all team members looked after you very well, always went above and beyond to ensure your holiday is perfect. I will share your special recognition to our team members on the level of service they performed, especially Ms. Wira and Ms. Delima. Once again thank you very much for taking your valued time to share your review at tripavisor.com.

We are excited and look forward to welcoming you back again on your future visit to the island of Bali.

Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I went here for the end of our trip (13 flights, 4 countries, 7 hotels later) and it was all I could dream of and more!!! The pictures don't do this place justice. We booked the romance package and it was perfect. Some of the highlights include- cooked to order breakfast in your villa every morning, and believe me it was delicious, fresh squeezed juices, massages in your villa on your own personal outdoor massage tables, free drivers in town, attention to every detail as far as the villa and the property, beautifully appointed rooms, a fantastic pool, flower petals in the outdoor bathtub, 100 candle lit dinner with 5 courses and wine with rose petals everywhere. I can't say enough wonderful things about this place. They have 2 and 3 bedroom villas as well, if you have friends or family you'd like to take with you. We rented scooters (well just one because I was wayyyy to afraid to drive in those crazy streets) and explored just about everywhere. It was so much fun. We rented these from the front desk for 5 usd a day! We went during the rainy season, but when it rained it was beautiful and no problem at all because it always cleared up quick. The beach in the area is nothing to write home about, but we didn't mind as we had such an amazing time in our villa and around town. Our favorite restaurant was La Lucciolla. Absolutely fantastic food, service, prices, and a sunset to write home about for sure. We also recommend Vin. It is a wine bar within walking distance of the villa. Tons of wines and champagnes to choose from that you can drink there or bring with you. We loved Ulin Villas and hope to go back there for one of our anniversaries.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jaime k
Wayan W, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear “Jaime k”

We wish to thank you for taking your valued time to share a wonderful review of your recent stay at the awards wining THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA.

Our aim is to allow our guest to make the most out of their holiday, deliver a genuine service that is sincerely Bali. I am pleased to read that you loved the professional friendly service rendered by our team who were always ready to help in any way they can. I am also pleased to know that you enjoyed the villa living experience on every minute you spent.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My partners first experience overseas and wow what an awesome place, he loved it! From the pick up at the airport everything ran smoothly fast check in smiley faces. Entering the villa we were blown away; what a beautiful little retreat for us, perfectly located in the heart of Seminyak yet surprisingly quite.

Breakfast was beautifully cooked every morning by lovely chiefs, the reception staff were extremely helpful organizing drivers and making reservations. The drivers where all wonderful especially 'Suddie' defiantly request him for the day what a lovely person.

The overall experience was amazing, the pool was immaculate and the staff where all extremely nice and polite, always smiling. After reading all the reviews on trip advisor I am so happy to add another glowing review for the Ulin Villa!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sammy_vill
Dear “Sammy_vill”

I am delighted to read that your recent stay with at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA was a wonderful experience right from the moment you arrive to the time you depart.

It is also a pleasure to hear that you found your villa was beautiful retreat, perfectly located in the heart of all the happenings (some call it as eat street) yet remain peaceful when you are in your villa. Our team members are truly the true soul of THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA and I am very happy to know they were all very friendly and looked after you well.

My self and all team members are very much look forward to share the beautiful villa has to offer again in the future.