“Bring your wallet you're going to need it”

The Breezes Bali Resort & Spa
Ranked #23 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed October 13, 2010

GLASS HALF FULL VERSION

The Breezes Hotel has an impressive appearance
Reception area is clean expansive and has the feel of a top class hotel
Well maintained tropical gardens with generous trees and foliage
Large infinity pool flowing in to lower levels of smaller pools finishing in a beach style environment suitable for younger children as long as they are supervised.
There are regular activities such as Kids Club, Pool pillow fight, Scuba diving and Bintang Bingo for the bigger kids. Gym, Tennis and Basketball courts
Hotel staff are professional, polite and generally speak English well
The Breezes Hotel is located on Dhyana Pura (Jl Camplung Tanduk ) in Seminyak close to beach, restaurants and nightlife
There are adjoining rooms available for families
Free wake up service

GLASS HALF EMPTY VERSION

Before I go any further please note that my comments are not based on one single room but the common aspects of Five rooms that our travel party occupied

The initial appearance is that of a well maintained tropical paradise but that’s where it ends
The rooms are tired and in need of general maintenance
Air conditioners leaked (ironically on the suitcases)
One air conditioner didn’t work but still managed to leak
Bar Fridge’s were useless
The shower is over the bath and you need to be a body builder to turn it on
The exhaust fan made more noise than a Boeing 737
TV reception was so bad it was not worth watching
No spare power points
The free wake up service is fine if you wish to wake up every morning at 7.00 am to
the sound of their gardener banging and clanging but personally I would have preferred to sleep in.
Contents of bar fridge are labeled with “Breezes” labels so don’t take something with the expectation that you will just replace it, besides that’s naughty isn’t it .
Don’t expect any privacy at 3.00 PM each day as the mini bar needs to be checked (like it or not)
The Bintangs from the bar are also labeled “Breezes” so don’t wander in with you own
We specifically requested certain rooms in person when booking and confirmed twice via e-mail
You’ll never guess what happens next – Sorry sir you can’t have those rooms but we have other rooms for you. Now you would think that they would select a room that was empty wouldn’t you?
No they wouldn’t they would give me a room that was occupied till 6.00 PM and then make me wait another Two hours while they cleaned it
Pool was dirty and we only noticed it being clorinated once in 18 days

THE NITTY GRITTY ,DOLLARS AND CENTS

While at reception I overheard two separate parties complaining about erroneous charges on their rooms
Sure enough Six Bintangs “accidentally” put on my room. I am sure this in an accident but enough of these accidents is good income
We were quoted in $US all correspondence was in $US and when it came time to pay they insisted on converting to Rp at lower than street rates and charging the credit card in Rp . This cost me around $400.00 extra for our 18 days accommodation
Bar prices and room service are expensive in comparison with other Bali hotels
Laundry is way over what you will pay at other hotels, take a walk down the street and pay about One Tenth of the price
This is not a cheap hotel and once you are there they are after every extra cent they can get.
Entry fee to watch the AFL grand final was Rp 90,000 it kept it in my pocket and watched it elsewhere

• Stayed: September 2010
There are newer reviews for The Breezes Bali Resort & Spa

Reviewed October 9, 2010

While the accommodation is clean and facilities pretty good (as many others are in Bali), the service is absolutely appalling. We booked 7 rooms as a group and despite paying 6 months in advance, we had to wait until after 7pm to check into our rooms on our date of arrival. We had an event to go to so went out and left our luggage with the Manager who advised that they would be transferred to our rooms for our return - at midnight when we returned, our luggage still hadn't been taken to our rooms. The systems for allocating rooms, using the internet, ordering food etc were insane - you don't get receipts for ordering room service or at the bar when charging to your room (even after asking for copies on numerous occasions, they just never came back) so check your bills as they are most likely to be wrong. The mini bar is stocked on a randomly ad-hoc basis so you're likely to get charged for things you haven't had as well. One in our party had to stay an extra night which was paid for in advance but it still took 4 visits to confirm this with the front desk.

Upon leaving, when asked to book a taxi to the airport, we were told at the front desk that they couldn't help us - all in all, this summed up the service for a week at The Breezes. I would not only not recommend, I'd avoid it unless you want a really frustrating holiday.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Seas0nedTrav3ller
Reviewed October 6, 2010

After visiting Bali a couple of times and staying in great hotels, I was so disappointed with the Breezes. It felt as if I am in Australia - we were only 4 non-Aussie couples in the hotel. The rooms are ok, the pool is great, service bad and check-in worst. The food and drinks are extremely expensive - more so than the Sofitel hotel just down the road (5 star) - prices compares top that of the Four Seasons, which is ridiculous seeing that the quality of the food and cocktails are not good. The bathroom was gross - the bath was chipped and had a cigarette burn mark in it. Bathroom was dirty. Aircon is too hot - was about 23 degrees which is way to hot for Bali.

Laundry services was soooooo expensive - they charge 25 times more than a laundry service down the road and 3 times more than the Sofitel Hotel.

If you want to stay there I can recommend:
Good places to eat: Lucky Day (great seafood and pasta) and Juice Bar.
Messages: Carla's Spa is good value and the messages are great.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AnndeeCapeTown
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Its a 3 start hotel at best. Not a place to stay if you're a couple. Probably fine if you're a family, but definitely don't bother staying here if youre a couple. It felt over crowded, and was full of 'Westies' boozing loudly around the pool. They all seemed to be having a good time though!

I prefer a more relaxed time if in Bali - not what the Breezes gives you...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wardmeister78
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Short and sweet very poor and very expensive to drink at the pool bar 55.000inr for a beer??dirty rooms and no lifts,if you are happy to carry your suitcase up 4 flights stairs at 30kg or watch someone else do it,well this is not the place for you,breakfast not enough of anything,pool nice,staff ok,very hard to get a taxi out the front.Activitys you can do but at a cost,and would I use the kids club no,many others I spoke to who stayed there one problem after another,rooms do not look like the photos on the net and a quite unclean.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tomuchthinking
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Where to start.... This is a family holiday hotel and not luxurious in anyway. My colleague had blood stains on his sheets and I arrived in my room to find a dead baby cockroach. It's one of the most depressing places I've stayed in a long time.

The rooms are EXTREMELY basic. If you are a on a real budget then maybe it will be acceptable to you, but I would have thought you could do better for the price. The rooms are also very noisy.

The internet doesn't really work much, but I suppose that won't bother the average holidaymaker too much.

I'm not sure how many stars this hotel is, but I wouldn't have thought any more than 3 (simply because of the pool).

The pool area seemed quite nice but we left after one day and moved to an amazing villa called The Akasha. If you want some peace and quiet I'm sure there are plenty of places to stay in Bali (The Akasha is turning out to be great). If you want luxury and something special, this is definitely not the place unfortunately.

Oh, and one more thing - just to top things off the air-con in my colleague's room leaked all over his suitcase (there are signs of peeling paint and damp in the rooms).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank foiegras99
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Stayed at Breezes July and September this year. Came with my teenagers in July and loved it to bits. September was for a wedding and we booked 15 rooms. We had put in requests before we arrived for cots, extra beds, parents next to kids rooms, etc. When we arrived tired at 11pm it was like they put 15 names in a bucket, pulled out a name, and gave us a room. My husband and I were on the top floor and our teenagers were on the middle floor on the other side of the hotel (the kids thought that was a bonus!). No cot for my niece, no third bed in the kids room, queen bed for a dad and his teenage daughter, etc. As it was full, no one could change for a few days. The Manager wasn't that helpful. Apart from that, the staff are helpful, breakfast was good, pool beautiful. My only other whinge would be the drink/bar snack prices. Bintangs and snacks were heaps cheaper at other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family