This was our first time in Bali and our first time in a private villa. The Dusun has spoiled us now in that I don't think we could ever go back to staying in hotel room again. The space, luxury, privacy and service of the Dusun have set a high standard for us when comparing others, which we are afraid will be difficult to match.
From the outset, the Dusun which is located mid way between Seminyak Square (shopping) and the beach (fantastic sunsets) which are both only minutes walk away. It is located down a secluded alley with 24 hr security and away from the mad Bali traffic. There are also plenty of spas and restaurants nearby.
We had a 3 bedroom villa which was perfect for our 2 families (4adults+3children) offering plenty of space and luxury inclusions. The ensuite bathrooms are huge. The villa pool was full size and 1.2-2.5m depth with a small shallow section with plenty of grass and garden surrounds. What you see in the web photos is exactly what the villa is like inside and you will not be dissapointed. The villas include free wi-fi and ipod / mp3 connectivity to the stereo for relaxed afternoons in the outdoor lounge areas. Each bedroom has aircon with cable TV included with enough cartoon channels to keep any children happy and very comfortable beds. A full kitchen is included in your villa if you're inclined to cook (but why would you ?) along with a large filtered cold water dispenser, so no worries about the bali belly. You can order in food from nearby restaurants from the Dusun, in which their staff will pick it up, deliver it to your villa and set the table up for you.
What really makes the Dusun special is its wonderful staff. From the airport pick-up and throughout our stay nothing was too much trouble, even some of our unusual requests for the toddler in our group. Special mention to Gede, Kedat, Made, Arvi, Putra, Dewi, Johnny, Santi, Dewi, Sost, Dewantara, Sekar, Komang to name a few, for their friendly and helpful nature.
The breakfasts made to order in your villa were excellent. Housekeeping were thorough and efficient with a small army of staff come and clean in ~ 10 minutes, with all pool and bath towels changed twice daily. The Dusun have their own vehicles and drivers who will drop you off in nearby areas for free. We utilised this very regularly to visit WaterBom in Kuta and Legian & Seminyak for shopping etc. Although the cab rides in Bali are ridiculously cheap. The dearest cab ride we had from Kuta to Dusun cost us 42,000rp (~A$4.50) and took over 1/2 an hour.
We also ordered the private BBQ one night for ~475,000rp pp which was well worth it. The staff decorate your villa with candles and bamboo decorations, while a chef and waiter cook and serve you, with 2 traditional balinese musicians playing for the evening. The food was fresh and delicious and were all absolutely full at evenings end.
For things to do, the busy Bodyworks spa is ~50 metres down the road, although for cheaper and equally rewarding spa works go to the bottom of the street & turn left to the little spa with the fish tank in the window. Shopping in Seminyak is less frantic than in Kuta/Legian and with mostly brand name shops so the prices are dearer but also mostly original brand name stuff. The ATM in Seminyak square under the stairs is also safe & hassle free. The footpaths are a mess and not really stroller friendly. Cabs are plentiful and I'd recommend the pale blue Bluebird metered taxis, especially for a newcomer as no haggling or arguing over a price (they are cheap though). The beach is patrolled in front of the Samaya Resort and is generally free of hawkers. At sunset though the beach gets really crowded. If you want to eat at the beachside restaurants for the sunset, like La Lucciola make sure you book days in advance. The Waterbom park is an excellent family day out and well deserved No.1 on Tripadvisor.
As many others have already mentioned, you can find less expensive accomodation in Bali, but for what you get in terms of the quality villa, the service and location in Seminyak it is hard to beat. We would highly recommend the Dusun and are already looking forward to a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dusun Hotel is located in the Petitenget area of Seminyak just a minute stroll from Bali’s famous sunset beach and Seminyak’s restaurants. The Dusun is a blissfully quiet property with 14 exclusively private villas. The Dusun takes a professional and friendly approach to hospitality. The service and ambience are natural and never intrusive, with all requests handled pragmatically, without any fuss. The hotel is laden with luxury; the villas, pools and gardens are spacious, set in a bright and tasteful decor. Pamper yourself at The Dusun with its charming atmosphere offering the perfect setting for romantic honeymoons, friends’ getaways or family holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Dusun Villas Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusun Villas Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Dusun Hotel Bali
- Dusun Hotel Seminyak
- Dusun Villas Bali Seminyak