After a first class experience at The Samaya for 5 days, this will definitely be my first choice of accommodation in Bali from now on. Having done extensive research on Tripadvisor.com on villa options in Seminyak, I decided on The Samaya based on the wonderful reviews that this fantastic place has garnered from its fans. And once again, I am glad I took the advice of fellow travellers who took the time to give their comments on this wonderful website. We had such a great experience, this is going to be a long review.
Firstly, the villa - we decided on the newer Royal Courtyard Villas across the road from the main resort and were not disappointed. Staff were always quick with their buggy service whenever we called and the distance was actually a nice walk after a heavy dinner. The villa itself was beautiful. My partner and I posted photos of the villa on our Facebook accounts using the free WiFi the day we arrived, and you won't believe the amount of comments and requests we got from friends to find out the name of the villa. What really sold us on the Royal Courtyard was really the large swimming pool (definitely not an itsy bitsy plunge pool) and it certainly did not disappoint. From the pool in fact, we could turn the wall mounted 42" inch LCD TV so that we could watch our favourite Discovery Travel & Living whilst lounging in the pool - heaven! We loved the nicely landscaped garden and pavilion as well, where we had our breakfast and afternoon tea.
The bathroom itself was a real treat and a lot of thought certainly went into it. We lit candles, drew a bath with the complimentary bath foam and bath salts, and lounged in the jacuzzi with glasses of the complimentary sparking wine whilst watching cable on the wall mounted LCD TV. Then, we could both shower in the double shower stall which came complete with double rainshowers and a wooden bench. Loads of frosted glass in the bathroom also meant that in the day, the bathroom was beautiful with natural daylight and it was a treat to shower with the blinds all open and overlooking the pool and garden.
The staff - certainly the best in Bali! Smiles were genuine and warm, and everyone we met were topnotch. Every morning and evening, we were asked by our butler our preferred time for daily cleaning and turn down service. Room service was always prompt. What was really exemplary was that after we had asked for ice several times, we came back from dinner one night to find that the butler had delivered ice to our villa without our asking for it. On another occasion, we asked the butler to make reservations for dinner at Samaya's beachfront restaurant The Breeze (which was wonderful!) for 7.30pm. Not only did he reserve one of the best tables in the place -absolute beachfront and in our own private corner - he sent a buggy for us at 7.25pm without our having to call for it.
There were many things we loved about The Samaya - the beautiul resort grounds with two public swimming pools, the wonderful beachfront location with amazing sunset views from the lounge area and restaurant, our own private pool and gardens, the lovely bathroom, the comfy king-sized bed, the Bose iPod dock, the two LCD TVs, the free WiFi, the complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and mini bar, the little cakes/chocolates which the staff leave for you after turn down service, the free shuttles to Seminyak, the list goes on.
It is obvious that a lot of thought went into the planning and running of this place, and on on island where beautiful resorts and villas are commonplace and where service is always warm and friendly, The Samaya stands heads and shoulders above its competition and rightfully deserves all the accodales it has received. We will be back ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samaya Seminyak has an outdoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 5-star Luxury Boutique Seminyak property features massage and treatment rooms, body treatments, and facial treatments. Business amenities at this 5-star Luxury Boutique property include complimentary wireless Internet access and business services. Samaya Seminyak has an award winning restaurant Breeze and a bar/lounge. 24-hour room service is available. Transportation services at this property include a complimentary airport shuttle (available on request) and a complimentary area shuttle within 2000metres. The staff can arrange wedding services, dry cleaning/laundry services, currency exchange, and computer rentals. Additional amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and a garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Samaya Bali Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Samaya Bali Seminyak