We stayed at the The Samaya 4 days and 5 nights. The place is exceptional. The grounds and the pool are well kept ( the pool is large you can do 39 meter laps, not bad). The villas are wonderful. They all have their own pool a large bedroom and a large luxurious bathroom.
The staff was great, always asking if they could do something for us. The spa was also very good. We made two different appointments one for the Balinese massage and one for the Thai massage. It was very nice and not expensive when compared to US prices. The breakfast which was included was good, lots of variety, the staff was attentive, prompt and extremely polite. I would have to say that the afternoon tea was also tasty! Overall the experience was excellent and I do think that you get a lot more for paying a premium to stay at the Samaya.
I wold suggest that the managers think about having some sports equipment at the hotel. Maybe a boogie board, a few surfboards, maybe some kayaks. I realize that many people at the Samaya may not be the active type but I would have loved these options. Instead the only option I had was to rent them from the beach vendors you can find on the beach. This does not go well with the upscale image that the Samaya projects.
We wanted to schedule a diving trip and we did not receive much support. We only received two pamphlets and were sent on our way. I think I would have liked our butler to have taken the time to explain the different options, different diving companies, overall a little more information on this.
Finally, I had a completely different expectation of Bali, three of my friends had mentioned it to be a magical place, relaxing and beautiful. I think that Bali does have all of these elements but difficult to experience at times because it has been overtaken by development. The traffic in Seminyak is terrible, the thousands of stores and even the large number of people during low season can make it a difficult to experience the elements my friends talked about. We took a day trip to Ubud and it was a similar experience.
Overall I think The Samaya is wonderful, I would strongly recommend it and I think its worth its price. Bali on the other hand was a good experience but not the relaxing place I imagined.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samaya Seminyak has an outdoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 5-star Luxury Boutique Seminyak property features massage and treatment rooms, body treatments, and facial treatments. Business amenities at this 5-star Luxury Boutique property include complimentary wireless Internet access and business services. Samaya Seminyak has an award winning restaurant Breeze and a bar/lounge. 24-hour room service is available. Transportation services at this property include a complimentary airport shuttle (available on request) and a complimentary area shuttle within 2000metres. The staff can arrange wedding services, dry cleaning/laundry services, currency exchange, and computer rentals. Additional amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and a garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Samaya Bali Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Samaya Bali Seminyak