“The best hotel I've ever stayed in!”

The Samaya Bali Seminyak
Ranked #6 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
London
“The best hotel I've ever stayed in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

What an incredible hotel - Ray and his team have done the most incredible job of making this feel like you are staying in your own home. The villas are incredible, the service outstanding, and food out of this world. I genuinely didn't want to leave the hotel!

I can find absolutely no fault with The Samaya and will definitely be returning very soon.

Thank you, Ray and team!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jks2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

my wife and I had the pleasure of spending ten nights at the samaya for our honeymoon.

Finding words to encompass the experience is proving difficult as we do not feel it would perhaps give the hotel and its team the credit they deserve and I am definitely not a wordsmith.

From the moment we arrived after a very long journey we where met with lovely smiles and assistance to our pool villa.
We opened the doors and where greeted with fresh flowers laying on the path.

I had informed the hotel it was out honeymoon and they had set up a surprise for my wife of a honeymoon cake and some drinks. The jacuzzi was full of flowers and a heart shape which just added to the lovely touches they had already made. And yes this was the first few seconds of arrival.

Tired and weary we decided we would eat in the hotel restaurant the breeze on our first night.
Well this created a slight problem as the food and service was so excellent we thought this could not be beaten anywhere else. We had a number of glorious meals in the greatest location overlooking the beach. when eventually we did decide to venture out the staff where again very helpful and even provided a car for local trips.

The Manager Ray Clark suggested if we did get the chance to visit the other venue in Ubud for lunch then we would not be disappointed. The staff in the hotel arranged for a driver for the day for us at an agreed rate and he was a gentleman as well.
We pulled up and where greeted by I Wayan Suambra who kindly provided us with a guided tour of the facilities and welcomed us for lunch ( I think Ray may have tipped him off we where coming). We had a lovely meal overlooking the rice fields and river and had to mention this as I think if you where to attend the Samaya a few days in both locations would make your vacation.

We returned back to our villa after another fantastic day again helped by the staff a the samaya.

I suppose we had better comment on the rest of the experience of people will think we are related to the Managment.

Accommodation - first class rooms with amazing bathrooms showers and jacuzzi cleaned perfectly
Wow factor - Little things added to the experience small treats left in your room during the days made you smile when you return
pool - perfect for that cooling dip after a day in the sun and private

The staff - it would not be fair to single anyone out as they all added to the experience.
Everyone contributed to our fantastic experience from the manager to the gardener that was working away in the heat discreetly.
Reception staff - always helpful and polite
Cleaning staff - polite friendly and did an amazing job
The security staff - bearing in mind previous troubles in Bali these guys to give you confidence the location is secure and again always with a smile (but wash the sand off your feet or you will be reminded with a smile).
Waiting staff where incredible and always greeted us by name and could not have done more.
We have probably missed a lot of people that work away in the background making our trip special.

I am not quite sure what the magic ingredient is as regards customers service and making your guests welcome and attended to but if Ray and I Wayan could bottle it I certainly wold be first in line.

There is only one issue and there always is. As I awoke to the rain falling on our first day back at three am I thought what are we going to do to better this honeymoon? It is a problem I will be mulling over but I have already hatched a plan.

get back to work and work harder and book again.

Thank you everyone at the Samaya our honeymoon was unforgettable and it is not just a venue it's a mind blowing experience and that is to the credit of you all!!!!

Mr Mark
Mrs Clare :-) X

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Davies90
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 3 nights at the samaya ubud and 4 nights at samaya seminyak. What great hotels the restaurant at ubud is on the banks of the river just stunning and the food is amazing first class never dissapointed but expect to pay the same price as you would at home. The breakfast served at the restaurant at the top of the hill is also outstanding and you can order pretty well any combination you like, I cannot say enough about the staff at ubud they are attentive, generous and friendly the management in all areas of the hotel come to greet you to make sure your stay is perfect I do advise not to stay more than 3 nights as there is not alot to do in ubud and it can get a little boring the resort is a 15 minute drive from town but your driver is never far away to take you, villas are lovely and new also try the cooking course we had a ball and learnt soooo much.......okay the Samaya at seminyak wow what can I say it is without doubt the best resort accompdation in Bali right on the beach, we were greeted by the manager and showed to our villa by our butler amazing villas the bathroom is the largest I have ever seen and very opulent, we stayed in villa 222 I dont think you could have a bad villa in the whole resort staff are exceptional food is fantastic no reason to leave the resort the dining on the board walk right on the beach is not to be missed, afternoon we were bought fresh fruit salad and afternoon tea tray full of goodies all for free. I was not a fan of Bali but we will return to this resort for a 5 day holiday probably every year just to do nothing if I was going to suggest any improvements it would be maybe some more waiters during the day sometimes they were a little slow as they were sooo busy. This resort is in walking distance to everything and security is very very good......they decorate the resort in lanterns and candles at night which is a sight to behold.....this resort is a must stay we will not stay anywhere else. Thank you The Samaya.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kerriejh50
Goulburn, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have just return home from a 14 day break at the Samaya Seminyak for our third time, this time we stayed in the new beach side villas, and they did not disappoint. I would recommend the Samaya to anyone. The staff make you feel like a king with nothing a problem. Last stay I ask the girls at the Breeze about organising my wife 50th for 20 guests. Everything was perfect, from the flowers, food and cake. They couldn't do enough for us.
Beautiful place with the best staff
Thanks again Samaya
Sam and Jenny

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with your choice of room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sam W
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at the Samaya Seminyak as part of our honeymoon in June 2013 and stayed here for 6 nights.

I can safely say that it was the most relaxing 6 nights of my life!! We stayed in a Royal Courtyard Villa which was across the road from the main complex but a short buggy ride away whenever we wanted it. Every aspect of the villa was designed to make your stay as luxurious and comfortable as possible and it definitely did that! The bathroom was huge, the bed massive and so comfortable and there was a dressing room area with lots of wardrobe space. The landscaping in the villa was beautiful with lots of greenery and fresh flowers which would fall into the pool and look stunning!

The food is also amazing with a huge choice for breakfast and a lovely afternoon tea with the best scones I’ve ever had!

The Breeze restaurant is not to be missed with a picturesque setting on the beach. The food was lovely and reasonably priced.

The main thing about the Samaya however is the staff. Everyone you encounter says hello, smiles and clearly loves their job. There was no need they couldn't or wouldn't cater for and this is without a doubt part of what makes Samaya such an amazing place. I also have to mention how amazing the staff were when my husband misplaced his wedding ring. They immediately sprung into action making calls to numerous people to start looking. The ring was found at the bottom of the pool which was a huge relief! The staff were so calm and helpful we were sure they would find it!

There are no negative comments I can say about the Samaya!

Room Tip: While the Royal Courtyard villas are away from the main complex this in no way makes them a second c...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank edigweed
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed here in December for 5 nights and it was outstanding, huge villa with an amazing bathroom, spa bath, tv room, huge bed and big private pool. We would 100% stay here again and recommend this place to any of our friends that could afford it. Was worth the money for us.

Room Tip: The pool at the hotel is lovely, so although we loved having a private pool it is not a must.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hmmm27
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

It is pricey, especially for Bali! But if you can swing it, it's worth it. Everything is top notch, from the villas, to the butlers, to all the staff, to the food, and definitely to the service. Electric golf carts take you everywhere and are at your beck and call. Everything is easy and there are no dumb rules you have to obey like pool rules or walk here but not there or you can bring your food there but not your drink there. Do what you want! The beach area is wonderful as is the pool right there next to the spa. I wish we had booked the pool island romantic dinner, but alas we left too soon. Do you want to be a tourist? Perfect, they have tours ready for you to take of local attractions. Do you want to shop? Fine, they can take you to some good places.. both stores and street markets, and even provide you with a local guide (that's a good deal or that's not is a big help). Want to be lazy and relax.. perfect. It is so quiet and peaceful at your villa or by the pool or by the beach you will melt.

Room Tip: Get a villa with a pool!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple