The Samaya Bali Seminyak
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
  • Breakfast included
The Dusun(Seminyak)
1,856 results
All reviewsbreeze restaurantroyal courtyard villaray clarkour honeymoonthe general managerdouble showerprivate poolthe complimentary afternoon teaoverlooking the beachbutler servicemain resortmain pooloutdoor showerbuggy ridehuge bathroompersonal butlerbeachfront location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Me and my husband have just returned from the Samaya after a totally unforgettable honeymoon. We stayed in a brand new beach villa - it was out of this world! A sitting room, large bedroom, massive bathroom, indoor and outdoor shower, indoor and outdoor jacuzzi and a large swimming pool. The villa was completely private, when we did open our door to the outside world we looked straight out onto the lovely beach and surfer waves. Ray and all of the staff (butlers, cleaners, waiters, gardeners, receptionist and spa staff) were so polite and friendly (addressing you by name all of the time!) and exceptionally helpful! Nothing was ever too much trouble from sorting out a day trip, filling our mini-bar to our taste, recommending restaurants to taking us and fetching us from places. Food was superb - order what you want for breakfast and it comes freshly prepared and delicious. Afternoon tea was also a treat with different surprises each day. We also found a treat in our room each night at bedtime. Ice cold water and cold towels are delivered to the sunbeds at the beach which is very nice when the sun is blazing down. For our honeymoon we recieved cake, a bath filled with petals (in a heart), sparkling wine and a joint massage at the spa (all were lovely). Sun set on the beach is a must see! I could go on and on but I would be writing this reveiw for another hour. All I can say is book the Samaya and you will experience feeling like royalty and will not find anything to grumble about. It is paradise and we didn't want to leave. Thank you everyone for making it a truely unforgetable honeymoon for me and Anthony.

1  Thank michellerostron
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I have spent the past 7 days at the Samaya in Seminyak in one of the new beach front villas. From the time we were given the VIP greeting at the airport until the time that we departed the hotel Ray and his staff made our stay memorable. The new villas are superb with a separate sitting room, bedroom and oversized bathroom with both an indoor and outdoor shower.
The main pool is spotless and very refreshing and relaxing on the boardwalk overlooking the beach is an activity that one never tires of doing. The food was excellent and the outdoor dining experience any time of the day was most enjoyable. The spa treatments were also excellent.

2  Thank MIH743
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I just stayed with family and friends in The Samaya for a week and loved every minute of it. I am not a great fan of resorts and much prefer boutique hotels which is what The Samaya offers. While having an amazing setting on the prime stretch of beach it still manages to feel like a small hotel where attention to detail is everything. Ray the Manager and his wonderful staff manages to make every guest feel special and welcome while operating a hotel that functions seemlessly. Often the more you pay the less you get but this was not the case with The Samaya - and its delicious breakfasts, afternoon teas and evening snacks, all of which were included, were ravenously received. Overall, I could not pick a single fault with the experience and will stay at The Samaya whenever I return.

Room Tip: The beach villas were not open yet when we visited, they looked good but the Courtyard villas were also brilliant.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ChristenDubai
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I went to Samaya for our honeymoon and lets just stay it was memorable and beyond expectations. We stayed at the courtyard villa. The beach front villa was still being renovated. We had a peak at one of the beach front villas and it was something to look forward to. The facilities in the courtyard villa was fantastic with a proper pool which you can actually swim in. Coming back to the villa was always something to look forward to after a bit of shopping in town which is just 5 minutes walk away. Service was excellent with the common answers being "yes" or "it will be our pleasure" for almost anything you ask for...within reason of course. This place is definitely one of the best places to stay in Seminyak if not the best. My wife and I are already trying to look for excuses to go back. 1 year anniversary maybe?

2  Thank RYKL
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Superb. Attention to detail, setting, service, Vila, everything. A very special place, made all the more special by the staff.
Spa treatments wonderful, breakfasts where out of this world.
Would love to return one day.

Room Tip: The Royal Courtyard Villas are well worth it
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple