“quiet and relaxing”

Ranked #94 of 145 Hotels in Seminyak
France
“quiet and relaxing”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights and found the place to be quiet, off the main road and a short walk from the beach. Comfortable enough room with outdoor bathroom. Very friendly staff. Spa treatment centre on the route to the beach was fabulous and very cheap prices for excellent treatments. Beach was nice with lots of friendly people around. We met lots of very friendly Australians on holiday and had some really fun times. Potato head beach club was amazing!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Honolulu
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Puri Madawi (PW) for 9 nights, 10 days during our vacation to Bali in June 2012. Our stay there was amazing! Perfect! Hopefully, I can hit everything we wanted to review about:

Location: For us it was perfect. We wanted something removed from heavy tourist, traffic areas of Kuta, Legian, and Seminyak yet close enough to walk or cab into all the action. PW is just north of Seminyak in the neighboring town of Petitinget. Petitinget is a perfect location to "hub" out of. We took many day trips to all other parts of the island (Tulamben, Padang Bai, Nusa Penida, Ubud). It is a close 5min walk to the beach from PW. It is literally a short 10 walk by beach to the hopping Seminyak restuarant row, 15mins to Kudeta, and 20 mins to Legian. If you walk by roads it's about 15 mins to Seminyak restaurant row. By taxi, it's a 5-15min drive to Seminyak, 20mins to Legian, and 25mins to Kuta because of traffic (there's always traffic! except at 4am)

Rooms: They are very quaint and balinese. One bungalow is split up into two different rooms (right and left). We had the right side of the bungalow. The bathroom is outside with toilet, shower, and sink. Very cute! The AC is just perfect inside. The rooms get extrememly cold at night (for us hawaiians with no AC in our house). Mosquito nets keep all/any bugs out of the bed area just fine. Not really that many bugs though. We shared our room with a gecko but that's normal. The room also has a huge dresser with hanger space and a desk with chair. We were able to see a suite and I highly recommend the bungalow because of the price! You can't beat what you get for the price you get it for anywhere else!

Food & Beverage (F&B): The restuarant is right next to the pool with a poolside bar (there are stools in the pool!). F&B staff were AMAZING!! Their hospitality, in particular our favorite F&B staff member Asti, is what will keep my girlfriend and I coming back when we return to Bali. Asti and the other F&B staff would adjust breakfast times to meet our busy, packed schedule. They usually open bkfst at 8am but most of our taxi's came at 8am so they had brkfst rdy at 730am!! Amazing hospitality! Breakfast was included in the price of the room. We were able to have coffee, tea, and bread every morning with a choice of mie goreng, nasi goreng, omelet, fruit variety, and more. All great homecooked food! The bar drinks are pricey but still cheap when compared to other restaurants. The happy hour is definitely worth it: buy one get one free spirit or beer from 5pm-6pm. The F&B staff is very helpful with things to do, calling taxis, advice, suggestions or just chatting about balinese culture and life. What amazing people!!

Services: The only service we really utilized was the taxi service. We hired a taxi for two full days for about 450,000 IDR. Very very worth it. The driver was very nice and helpful. He not only drove us to our destinations but also escorted us on the site to make sure we started off on the right foot.

Overall: Great villa for an unbeatable price. Great room. Great service. Great location. Perfect little getaway but close enough to the action. I HIGHLY recommend Puri Madawi for your trip to Bali!!!!!!

Room Tip: Definitely choose the bungalow over the suite if price is an issue. I think Bungalows are actually s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank figgy008
Park City, Utah
Reviewed May 15, 2012

It was hard to find the beach. I wish they would have escorted me. Especially at night. It was a cute little place but I had far better service for a lower price elsewhere in Bali. But I understand that Seminyak is a whole different world. WiFi is super slow. I could only get a good signal in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Perth
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I thought that I was well and truly over Bali until I discovered Puri Madawi. A quiet, intimate and
traditional Bali style home away from home.
Yes, its a little bit out of way but I see that as a bonus, no traffic, no car horns blaring, yet a short stroll to Batu Belig beach and the best two spots to do lunch!!!
Loved the rooms, pool and the beautiful gardens, hey it is not 5 star and will no doubt not suit everybody but I will be back!!!
Thanks to Daniel and all the staff for the fantastic hospitality.
Terimah kasi banyak!!!!! Bloody "Bagus".

Room Tip: The suites are great if you don't mind stairs, the garden bungalows are great but don't have...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Walter B
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I can't rave enough. I spent 12 days with my husband at Puri Madawi. The location was perfect for us, close to restaurants and great bars just a very short taxi ride. The bars along the beach are a fabulous spot for lunch. The nearby massage salon is a winner. Extremely inexpensive and fabulous staff. But the staff at the hotel won my heart. They are so welcoming and obliging. The food is fabulous. The rooms are perfect for couples. Lazing by the pool in the afternoon is perfect after a day of hustle and bustle in Bali. I'm already booking my return to this lovely oasis.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank julseg
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2012

..Nicely located just off the beaten track, but still easy to get to, Puri Madawi is a great place to stay. Rooms are comfy, cool & very clean. The Staff always have a smile & did more than they needed to to help us have a relaxing time there. Good pool & good food & internet access if that's your thing !!. Cantina beach is a few minutes walk from Puri Madawi & has a great selection of bars/restaurants along the beach but more laid back than the bars down towards Kuta, which is about a 40 minute walk along the beach. I would recommend Puri Madawi to anyone looking for a good quality place to stay, it's quiet & relaxing, with friendly helpful staff, and still close enough to the Kuta/Legion nightlife if you want it !!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David G
China
Reviewed January 24, 2012

the hotel itself is beautiful presented but the road to it is horrible! the rocky broken road is nothing you expect to a proper hotel! and there's no shuttle bus to the centre, you have to call for a taxi. and there's no blankets for sleep, so we had to turn off the aircon but then it';s too hot inside!

But the rooms are nice and the staff are friendly. it's a good place for people who want to have some quiet time away from the city, but not so good for a family with kids.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Villa Karisa
#74 of 145 in Seminyak
Villa Coco
Villa Coco
#26 of 145 in Seminyak

Been to Puri Madawi? Share your experiences!