“Located in an excellent spot”

Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas
Ranked #47 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Typical Balinese style accommodation - lots of wood. Rooms very large and clean. Reasonably priced for its great location. Walking distance to beach, clubs and restaurants. Great spa called Cool just around the corner.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Sandra G
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Sandra G

Thank you very much for your review regarding our Resort. I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you at our best again. Our room resort provide the biggest space in the Seminyak area within the same price range, and our location is also very quite though is near to all the attraction places in Seminyak so it is a perfect place for our guest who love to have a long stay in the island. Last but not least we really appreciate our valued customers like you and therefore we always come up with a new facilities and promotion rates especially for our return customers so please booked through our website and check out for any promotions on going especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

A calm place if you want to take a rest from the daily stress.
This small and cosy hotel needs a good facelift today to match the general hotel standard that could be expected of four star hotel of today. Saying that the staff is really nice and trying their best to service your needs. The location is also good with good access to shopping and good restaurants.
I was there during the Balinese new year (this year March 12) and I do nor recommend anyone to visit Bali that specific day due to that everything was closed, not allowed to leave the hotel and TV completely shut down. It was even hard to get food from the hotel restaurant?

Room Tip: The hotel have some rooms facing a wall try to secure to avoid booking these rooms. Most rooms have...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Geir M

Thank you very much for your review regarding our Resort. I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you at our best again. Our room resort provide the biggest space in the Seminyak area within the same price range, and our location is also very quite though is near to all the attraction places in Seminyak so it is a perfect place for our guest who love to have a long stay in the island. The Nyepi celebration is where the Balinese people take their time to celebrate the new year of Balinese calender by doing a meditation or fasting to appreciate the nature & build connection with their God. Last but not least we really appreciate our valued customers like you and therefore we always come up with a new facilities and promotion rates especially for our return customers so please booked through our website and check out for any promotions on going especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at Mutiara with my family (2A2C) for 3 nights in November 2012. Booked a family room which was very spacious, and facing the pool. The bathroom was huge and was good for when we needed to help our children wash up after a dip in the pool or after a long day out. The bathroom is not air-conditioned though so you can't stay in there for too long after you've turned off the shower without breaking into a sweat again in the sweltering heat. Wish they have an in-room safe,instead of having to deposit our important items at their safe located at the front desk. Breakfast choices was adequate. They offer about 6 choices of set menu. Location is good, away from the main street but close enough to walk. Tend to agree with one of the reviewers that this is more of an excellent 3* hotel, with good potential to be a 4*. I did not try the Spa service as they seem a little pricey. Considered a pedi, but they were using Revlon, no offence to the brand, but given the price range i expected brands like OPI or Orly. Overall a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for pool facing rooms or you may end up with one facing the wall of another block of rooms. M...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear UglyB

Thank you very much for your review regarding our Resort. I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you at our best again. We really appreciate your advice on our Spa products and we will certainly consider about it. Our room resort provide the biggest space in the Seminyak area within the same price range, and our location is also very quite though is near to all the attraction places in Seminyak so it is a perfect place for our guest who love to have a long stay in the island. We really appreciate if you would recommend our hotel to your friends, as we will try our best to deliver the trust from you. Last but not least we really appreciate our valued customers like you and therefore we always come up with a new facilities and promotion rates especially for our return customers so please booked through our website and check out for any promotions on going especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

To be fair to the Mutiara, it is a nice little hotel in many respects. It is far back enough from the noise and chaos of the Seminyak main street, although you will still hear the roar of countless scooters shooting past as the Mutiara is on a side street and your now in ‘busy Bali!’

I would have rated the hotel some where a bit above average, if there had been an option, but as an actual reflection of my experience - it felt more like ‘average’ given the competative world of the service industry that hotels have to compete in these days to stand out.

We checked in and the front desk took a copy of my Credit card.
We were then sent to a corner room where the balcony faced a wall!, not great! (we had placed a special request for a pool view)
I called down to reception and they offered us another room without any problem at all. (which happened to have a lovely pool view!) I do appreciate that special requests are not guaranteed but why not put us in 2nd room in the first place.?(customer satisfaction top of their list?)

I later had to use my credit card to pay for a service; to find my card was declined!? I had used it just the day before. Naturally being 8000 miles from home i was worried,so i called the bank back in the Uk (on my mobile) to be advised that there had been suspicious transactions & they had put a stop on my card for security reasons.That call cost me £20 and upon returning home I learned the transactions were 2 attempts made by the Mutiara to take a small amounts to secure my credit card .
Their mistake at my expense.

Just for the record we had to make and amendment and reduce 1 nights stay after travelling around Bali and the cancellation policy/reduction in nights was not crystal clear.They insisted on us losing our 90usd even though we stayed 3 out of 4 nights.( We emailed in advance so they had the opportunity to sell the room on but were not given the option of a refund of the 1 night if the room was sold on. Greenfields in Ubud did this for me as they sold the room on.)

The room they gave us was a standard family room and was generous in size with a double and twin bed.The villas they have look lovely on the website but were not in our budjet.
The decor is simple. American motel style with a hint of Bali is the best way i can describe it and in terms of value for money,it ended up being one of the least value compared to the standard in other parts of Bali eg east Bali/Nusa Lembongan,much like Sanur, the more touristy areas charge more.
The bathroom is a reasonable size and has a walk in shower giving the impression of being set out in the open.It was fine but will be in need of an update any time soon.

On a positive note, The Mutiara has a gorgeous swimming pool framed by stunning frangipani trees and stone water features.The is a part out door gym there and they do have a hotel spa facility.There is jacuzzi area and on my last day whilst enjoying a beer out the mini bar preparing for the 23 hour flight home, i was fogged!! I believe there had been a notice for the times but i hadnt seen it and the ‘fogger’ came from behind without warning spraying all the foliage around the whole garden area. He might have warned me to get out the pool first.!

Breakfast was of a good standard and very similar in content to what is offered at hotels across Bali and on a plus note, late arrivals were also catered for.

The other main point to mention is Seminyak itself....I didnt get it.........
Designer boutiques and international restaurants with cracked and dangerous pavements. All that money being exchanged and the the basics are not in place.It sticks in my mind as i had a nasty fall on a lose and broken paving stone. Us citizens beware! You wont be suing the local council in Seminyak that’s for sure!
Seminyak might be best described as attempting to be a glamourous playground for the Aussie market, as we might nip over to a european island for shopping & partying!
Its a posh Kuta. Touristy without the tat. If this is your thing you will love it.
I found myself looking longingly at the remnants of the rice fields that would have been.....Fabulous sunsets though, as you are on the West coast....

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lmmb5

Dear Immb5

Thank you very much for your review regarding our Resort. I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you at our best again. We would like to apologize if you were having a problem with our standard procedure upon check in time, regarding our cancellation policy, we have written all the details completely in the confirmation letter given to our guest as in our position, we also need a proper time frame to resell the room again. Our room resort provide the biggest space in the Seminyak area within the same price range, and our location is also very quite though is near to all the attraction places in Seminyak so it is a perfect place for our guest who love to have a long stay in the island. We really appreciate if you would recommend our hotel to your friends, as we will try our best to deliver the trust from you. Last but not least we really appreciate our valued customers like you and therefore we always come up with a new facilities and promotion rates especially for our return customers so please booked through our website and check out for any promotions on going especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights as our first stop in Bali, we got a wonderful welcome and an easy check in. Restaurant was open till quite late so we decided to eat at the hotel. The food and drinks were lovely with a wonderful service. Breakfast was also good. This hotel is only two tier and we were upstairs which meant we had a balcony which we preferred as we had more privacy in the evenings when wanting to chill outside in our pj's. Although upstairs with an inside bathroom we still got the odd gecko coming into our room, although frightened at first i soon got use to them. Staff were excellent with big smiles and a great service. Housekeeping always did a decent job and the spa was good although quite expensive compared to the street prices. Absolutely loved the pool and tropical gardens, it really made the stay. Going in the low season meant we often had the whole pool to ourselves. On check out we were given a fridge magnet with the hotels name on it which was an nice touch. The hotel also took us free of charge just round the corner to our next hotel. Overall a great quiet stay here, I would definitely return to this hotel :-)

Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Little_Clair
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Little_Clair

Thank you very much for your review regarding our Resort. I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you at our best again. Our room resort provide the biggest space in the Seminyak area within the same price range, and our location is also very quite though is near to all the attraction places in Seminyak so it is a perfect place for our guest who love to have a long stay in the island. We really appreciate if you would recommend our hotel to your friends, as we will try our best to deliver the trust from you. Last but not least we really appreciate our valued customers like you and therefore we always come up with a new facilities and promotion rates especially for our return customers so please booked through our website and check out for any promotions on going especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have just spent 3 days at the Mutiara Hotel and was very pleased with the quality of the place and service. Definite value for money. The team were so frinedly and helpful throughout the stay. Just to manage expectations, it is advertised as a 4* property, but I think it is more akin to an excellent 3* simply because of the facilities and style. It's location is great too, just far enough off the main drag in Seminyak to be quiet, but close enough to walk to all of the restaurants and the beach. The pool area was particularly nice - long enough to do proper swimming and because it is a relatively small place, plenty of room around the pool. Also had a great massage at the Spa.

I would recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: Was in room 231, first floor with a balcony but the view was onto a wall - you could see the poolsid...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SeadogUk
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear SeadogUK

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We spent 8 wonderful days at The Mutiara Hotel and Spa and found the service and all facilities to be of the highest order and of course the staff could not do enough to make our stay so memorable. My wife and I travel a lot and have never experienced such high quality service by both management and staff.
There was a always a wonderful smile to greet you and nothing was ever too much trouble for them.The position of the hotel was very access able to all areas of Seminyak.

Room Tip: Ask for a superior room upstairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple