“Lovely end to our Bali trip.”

Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas
Ranked #47 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed November 10, 2012

After two weeks of running around Bali we ended our trip at Mutiara. It was a wonderful place to end our trip. The villa were beautiful and clean and having our own private pool was luxurious. Unfortunately, my son became ill late one night. I called the front desk to see if they had a Dr. on call. Which they did but, asked if I would prefer a ride to the clinic. We chose the clinic. The resort drove us to the clinic and waited while we saw the Dr. We had a wonderful experience at the clinic and my son went back to the resort with a fill prescription. Thankfully, he was like a new kid in the morning. The resort did not charge us for this trip which I thought was wonderful as many hotels and resorts charge you for EVERYTHING. This resort is located near an area that is easy to walk to. There were so many wonderful resturants to choose from. We also felt safe during our walks. The staff was very accommodating. The food was very good though we usually only ate breakfast there.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MacKaley
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear MacKaley

Thank you very much for your review regarding our Villa. I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you again at our best again. We certainly very happy to hear that your son is okay and we are very pleased to help you. Last but not least we really appreciate our valued customers like you and therefore we always come up with a new facilities and promotion rates especially for our return customers so please booked through our website and check out for any promotions on going especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was my 5th trip to Bali & my partner's 1st. He was a bit iffy about going but did it for my sake, we were so happy we chose Mutiara Bali Boutique. The room, 127 was a huge ground floor room with absolutely everything we needed, it was right next to the pool which was very pretty & very peaceful to relax in after a day out. The staff, from desk staff, restaurant staff, room service staff & car drivers were all so accommodating & made our stay so much more enjoyable. I cannot speak highly enough of this beautiful hotel, my partner loved it & trust me when I say we will definately return & sooner rather than later. Thank you to you all for helping to make our stay so much more enjoyable. Pat Conti, Spearwood, Western Australia.

Room Tip: Room 127 was perfect, ground floor close to everything.
1  Thank patsycon891
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear patsycon891

Thank you very much for your review regarding our Resort room. I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you again at our best again. Our location is one of the main strength as its not too far from the hip area in Seminyak at the same time further enough from the main street to maintain the privacy and quietness during your resting time. We believe we have the most spacious Resort room in Seminyak area within our price range, considering that we would love to give our guest the better comfort and relaxation while they having their holiday and not to be stuck in a very tight room. We believe that you will coming back to visit us again and therefore its is our responsibilities to make sure your next visit will be as good as the previous one or even better. Last but not least we really appreciate our valued customers like you and therefore we always come up with a new facilities and promotion rates especially for our return customers so please booked through our website and check out for any promotions on going especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I spent four nights at the Mutiara just this past week. On prior visits I've stayed at Putu Bali, Villa Lumbung, and Grandma's, but I always felt I could find something better for the money. Mutiara is it! My room was $65/night. It was clean and quiet, and had a nice little balcony overlooking the pool. The bathroom was huge, and the shower had good steady hot water, and excellent pressure. The room itself had two twin beds, a flat-screen TV, and a small mini-bar fridge. The only thing I missed was having a small safe in my room, but there were safety deposit boxes behind the reception counter, so I was able to lock up my passport there. The service was great, the breakfast in the restaurant was good, and included in the room price, as was free WIFI in the room. I also had a pleasant four-hand massage from two masseuses, which cost about Rp285k.

The Mutiara has the look of one of those exclusive villas that cost $200 or $300 per night, but it's very affordable and right in the perfect location on a quiet side street with few other businesses. It's about 100 meters from the Grocer and Grind (an excellent restaurant), and another 25 meters from G&G is Seminyak Square, and all the great restaurants and bars on Jl. Laksamana. If you walk past the G&G without turning towards Seminyak Square, it's about a 5-minute walk to the beach, surfing, La Lucciola, Kudeta, etc. Really, give it a try. You just can't go wrong for the money.

Room Tip: Families with kids look for hotels with free breakfast; it's a fact of life. If your idea of a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear saipanjim

Thank you very much for your review regarding our Resort room. I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you again at our best again. Our location is one of the main strength as its not too far from the hip area in Seminyak at the same time further enough from the main street to maintain the privacy and quietness during your resting time. We believe we have the most spacious Resort room in Seminyak area within our price range, considering that we would love to give our guest the better comfort and relaxation while they having their holiday and not to be stuck in a very tight room. Last but not least we really appreciate our valued customers like you and therefore we always come up with a new facilities and promotion rates especially for our return customers so please booked through our website and check out for any promotions on going especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort and Villas and it was superb. The location is perfect with restaurants / Eat street only 5 minutes away and still very peaceful and quite as it is a sidewalk to the busy street. So when you first have left the busy and noisy eat street, you will an absolutely quite and not so busy area.
Beach is also very close around 10 minutes walk.
We stayed at the deluxe villa# 83, which was perfect for us.The pool was very clean and big. And the little sundeck was perfect as there was sun almost all day long. Room was perfect in size, not too small not too big, and the bathroom was also nothing to complain about. Only thing which could be improved here, could be that they could add a mosquito coil to the little open window at top - but that is only if I HAVE to find something they can do better.
Breakfast was nice and there are various things to choose from. If you want something else, all the nice and cosy cafes / restaurants are within 5 minutes walk.
All in All we have have found THE place which we have been looking for to stay at when visiting Bali after having travled to the island the last 4 year, and have tried various places.
Thank you for a good mini break Mutiara, we will for sure be back!

Dear metteksorensen

Thank you very much for your review regarding our Villa. I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you again at our best again. Our location is one of the main strength as its not too far from the hip area in Seminyak at the same time further enough from the main street to maintain the privacy and quietness during your resting time. We do realize during your stay that the mosquito problems is an issue as in between Sept - Nov, the growth of the insects in the island is quite extensive, however we always do our routine fogging and we provide electric mosquito repellent as well, nevertheless we will still keep that issue into our attention. Last but not least we really appreciate our valued customers like you and therefore we always come up with a new facilities and promotion rates especially for our return customers so please booked through our website and check out for any promotions on going especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I just came back from a 5 days holiday and I stayed to this wonderful hotel. It was our first time in Bali and we're excited. From the time we arrived in the airport, we we're WARMLY pick-up by a hotel staff named KARDEK (I hope i spelled it correctly). We're a bit worried that we will have to wait for the hotel staff because our flight arrived 15 minutes earlier but I was impressed that he was already standing there and pleasantly waiting for us. I first noticed his GENUINE smile than seeing our names flashed on his signboard. It was a perfect example of throwing a good impression to a guest. I asked him how long has he been waiting, he said that he is standing in the arrival area for 20 minutes already but through his smile I didn't notice any trace of tiredness but instead he wear a very warm smile. I appreciate that he was standing to the spot where we could IMMEDIATELY see him because I saw some passengers, getting upset looking&waiting for their hotel drivers. Kardek fill the travel time from airport to hotel with conversation - talking places we can go, what to do and shopping.

Arriving in the hotel, we are tired already and settled. We are impressed with the room! It was bigger and more beautiful than what we expected and what we saw online. We found a peace from the very busy environment back home. That peace made us feel safe from the busy Kuta. Too bad we we're tricked in 1 of the money changers there but I obliged to forget that once I go in to the hotel. We could afford to just stay in the hotel the entire day and we wont get bored because we can just enjoy the available hotel facilities. This hotel is strategically located 10 minutes walking distance from the famous bali waves. We were able to catch the sunset and gives us a perfect vision. It is also few minutes away from the commercial area of Seminyak where we enjoyed different spa/massages, shopping and dining.

During our stay, we we're consistently treated WARMLY AND PLEASANTLY with all the staffs! All of them are very efficient and will definitely desserve more than 2 thumbs up.

On our last day, the driver assigned to bring us to airport is Kardek and his smile is seems to be stuck in his face. He was consistently nice and plesant down to the last moment till he drop us off in the airport.

The price is very reasonable considering the facilities and the quality of service of your team.

CONGRATULATIONS to the management because you must have trained and hired the right people to practice a high level of customer service. If only I can name all the people who serve our breakfast, room service, housekeeping, therapist I would but mind you, all of them wear that same brand of smile and hospitality.

Hope to see you soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear reylovesmia

Thank you very much for your review regarding our Resort room. I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you again at our best again. I'm really overwhelmed by your lovely review about our staff and property, The name of our driver is spelled as "KADEK" which in Bali, its refer to the title for the second born child and Kadek must be really happy to hear that you are satisfied with his smile and services during your stay. We are also acknowledge your salutation to the management team and hope this could give us more motivation and always keep up with our standard. Last but not least we really appreciate our valued customers like you and therefore we always come up with a new facilities and promotion rates especially for our return customers so please booked through our website and check out for any promotions on going especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My partner and I have just returned from an 8 day holiday, staying at this fabulous Resort, Spa & Villas complex with beautiful 'modern' Bali decor, lots of wood. Nice clean rooms, open air bathrooms, beautiful pool surrounded by frangipani trees. Our room was on the ground floor close to the pool and I had 'lounge' chair placed by the pool staff, directly out the front of our room. The staff were beautiful, very friendly and nothing was a problem to them. The girls in the spa treatment are beautiful and I had a differnt treatment every other day! We swapped a deluxe room for a one bedroom villa on our last night, this was a wonderful experience and we will be returning next year for a 2 week holiday in a villa. 5 minute walk to Jalan Laksmana, (eat street) and boutique shops.Transport was provided 4 times each day to Bintang Supermarket Legian and Seminyak Square. A set breakfast menu with a choice of 6. , The fruit, juice and pancakes were excellent (my only preference) but I have one small critiscisim, a buffet breakfast would provide more choice.

Room Tip: Rooms 124,125,126, 127, are on the ground floor and very close to the pool. No outside noise can be...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Netti52

Thank you very much for your review regarding our Resort room. I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you again at our best again. We still maintain our Balinese carved architecture especially at our lobby and public area so the guest can really feel the ambiance of the Balinese living during their stay. Our location is also one of the main strength as its not too far from the hip area in Seminyak at the same time further enough from the main street to maintain the privacy and quietness during your resting time. Last but not least we really appreciate our valued customers like you and therefore we always come up with a new facilities and promotion rates especially for our return customers so please booked through our website and check out for any promotions on going especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed at the mutiara for 8 nights, a lovely peacefull spot less than 5 mins walk from eat street.
Lovely pool, nice very clean rooms, great breakfast, had some lovely room service snacks, staff were so friendly, my wife had a lovely spa treatment also they have a great free drop off service to the beach, bintang supermarket + the airport, used the laundry service, good, quick + cheap.
A couple of tips in bali dont use the back alley money changers they will rob you ( apparently they are not balinese but from java) only go to proper offices such as western union. We hired a car + driver near seminyak square for about 30euro for 7 hours, took us anywhere we wanted to go and not to places the tours take you that you don't want to go to. If you like seafood go to jimberan beach for fantastic seafood + and a wonderfull sunset on the beach you can combine this with puri uluwatu temple. Also ubud + the monkey forest are well worth a trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear premierman801

Thank you very much for your review regarding our Resort room. I'm really happy to hear such a wonderful experience and to be remembered by our guest as we hope to keep serving you again at our best again. Our location is one of the main strength as its not too far from the hip area in Seminyak at the same time further enough from the main street to maintain the privacy and quietness during your resting time. Last but not least we really appreciate our valued customers like you and therefore we always come up with a new facilities and promotion rates especially for our return customers so please booked through our website and check out for any promotions on going especially for a long stay inquiry. Once again thank you for choosing us for your stay.