“Another great option for Indonesian fine dining”
Review of Bambu

Bambu
Ranked #7 of 519 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Indonesian, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Another great option for Indonesian fine dining”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had dinner here after a let down from another restaurant and were so happy with the food, the service, the ambiance and the price. The staff were very helpful explaining about the food including the grade of the spice level. The Javanese building and the reflecting pond around the building make this place so special. Definitely come back and will be happy to recommend this restaurant to our friends.

Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Kerobokan, Indonesia
“Bali like I love it!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

It's my first review. After many restaurants tried in the world, it's this one gave me the wish to start reviewing restaurants seriously. I have been very impressed!

I went to this restaurant with my boyfriend last Saturday night. And what a gem we have discovered!

First of all, living in Bali, I have been bored with Indonesian food. The Balinese one though still my preference, but not often served as I used to eat it in remote places such as Amed, Gili Manuk or Pemuteran...

When I decided to try this new place, I was really curious. My man was completely newbie in Balinese cuisine. And if he loved it and discovered new tastes, me, I just plunged again in the Bali I missed so much. Flavors, authenticity, spices...everything was really amazing.
We had both cocktails, starters, mains, a bottle of wine and dessert. Everything from the Bambu Mary to the Bebek Betutu was divine!!

The deco is classy but authentic, mixing white stone, bamboo and traditional carving wood, all designed with taste and originality. I loved the pool you have to cross to join the table.

The service is very attentive to details, professional and present, without being intrusive. Finally waiters/esses who had been well trained and who know what they are talking about! Sweet and smiling also.

Prices are reasonable. And a very good value. Ok, it's local food, but Balinese specialties, when served with such elegance, can play in Seminyak playground.

For sure, we will be back!

Kuta, Indonesia
“FabuLUSH!!!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Had Dinner with friends.. I Really love the concept, the food and the restaurant very Indonesian.. definitely high reccomended for those people who loves indonesian food.. only open for Dinner, and reservation required!!! Special thanks to the manager Mrs. Denise,and our waitress Mrs.Eri...

Seminyak, Indonesia
“Fantastic place with only a few flaws...”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

As group of seven people familiar with restaurants in Petitenget we decided to check out the new Bambu restaurant and by and large we left very satisfied. The atmosphere is high class and pleasant (except for the orange wall which kept screaming at me!) and has the feel of someone who knows Bali and how to entertain in style (Bambu is owned by the same people that owns the famous La Lucciola restaurant in Petitenget).
The food is high class, mostly classic Indonesian with a few local specialties and very well balanced in flavour and presentation. The starter cocktails are yummy and wine selection decent.
Service was good (except for one waiter that spilled a whole drink tray down one of us!) but felt a little bit nervous like many new places in Bali.
In Bali, not many restaurants serve high class Indonesian with such conviction as Bambu and the only other competitor that comes to mind is Merah Putih in the same area. But the two present themselves very differently with Bambu being the more classic and MP being somewhat over the top in style. But both serve fantastic Indonesian food and should be on every visitors food tour. I think I liked Bambu's food slightly better but will go back for a second try again soon. Matur suksma! :)

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Copenagain
Victoria
“Lucky for us!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We were heading to Potato Head and of course the queue was sooooo long that we decided to walk down the street and lucky for us, we came across Bambu (head around the corner from PH).
Stunning interior, very welcoming staff (one waiter asked me if I was at la Lucciola last year, he remembered serving me there, great memory!) Beautiful menu, excellent presentation and delicious food. Dishes enjoyed, prawns for entree and soft shell crab and for main barramundi and my husband lamb and date curry, we shared a dessert. Bambu has only been open for two months and will certainly be heading up the TA charts. Thanks for a lovely evening.

1 Thank ZipEchucaAUS