“Fabulous new place to eat in Seminyak!!! Booking system needs tweaking however.”
Review of Bambu

Bambu
Ranked #16 of 568 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Indonesian, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We ate here last night with a group of friends and the food was great. Beautiful set up and very tranquil. Indonesian food with a modern twist and so much flavour. I can def recommend Bambu for a dining experience. The waiters are also great and do their job very well. Always topping up drinks and ensuring table is kept clean and clear of any empty plates or glasses but without being too in your face.
My only confusion is the policy of bookings. If you call and ask for a table and you are told it is fully booked just go down. We requested a booking and were told "full", however, after some networking we got a table and on arrival there were many empty tables that remained empty throughout the night and considering we left at 11 it seems a waste of table. Coming from having my own restaurant i would rather have a fully booked restaurant and turn away walk ins than have a half full restaurant and be relying on the unknown . Hopefully it is just a safety net to ensure the restaurant is fully operational with premium service before they start filling up.
Make sure you go visit for a true dining experience.

1  Thank Maria C
Write a ReviewReviews (4,228)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Ate here with friends and family last week and can say hand on heart that it was the best Indonesian meal I have ever had (and I lived in Indonesia for a decade).
Everyone had the best of nights. All courses were awesome!
Fantastic ambiance, professional and knowledgeable staff, truly a ten out of ten for this authentic Indonesian eatery!
Great job guys, you have excelled yourselves with this one. Why not La Luciolla for a light lunch then dinner at Bambu?

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Just amazing!
As soon as you enter you are taken back by how fantastic the setting is.
A month old but this place will become a first class favourite when the word gets out!!
A Balinese menu that is short and simple but that's its major plus.
Food was magnificent.
I recommend the slow cooked duck and pancakes for desert.
Service excellent.
I want to go back every night of my remaining week in Bali.
If you do have the pleasure to dine here, then you will not be disappointed, just relieved you did....
Thank you Bambu.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We were walking back to our hotel when we spotted Bambu. I was intrigued, so I checked tripadvisor and encouraged by the good reviews, we made a reservation for the next day. We were not disappointed!

The restaurant is beautiful, you have to be a bit careful as you are walking on the stones above the water and similarly, when we got a table on the edge of the platform I was a bit worried that at some point I would send a knife or fork flying into the pond, but we had no incidents :-)

The service is excellent: friendly, knowledgeable and they obviously take pride in their menu. I am gluten intolerant so the waiter made sure to pinpoint the dishes I could have.

I had read in the reviews that the portions are small; we did not find this to be the case. We had starters, a main and one side dish each and desserts and came out pleasantly full. The prices are extremely reasonable for the high quality of the food!

The food was delicious. Every single bit of it. My grilled chicken skewers came with a delicious salad, and I had a side order of greens that was very tasty too.

The desserts are incredible. I was very jealous of my husband as he got to eat the pancakes with chocolate sauce. Because of my gluten thing, I had the nuts and black rice balls with vanilla ice cream. It was delicious and so much better than your standard "chocolate pudding and vanilla ice cream" that you get elsewhere.

By the time we left, the restaurant was busy with a nice atmosphere (we are early diners so were the first guests of the night!). We will definitely be coming back.

2  Thank MysoreBound
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Bought to you by the lalouciola team, this is a beautifully executed concept. You sit surrounded by water under a timber pavilion, subtly lit gardens offset with strong colour and screens.
And then there is the food!
Traditional dishes with a twist, try Sumatran Lamb with date curry.
Still going through a soft opening, so the staff are a little timid, but well trained and intentioned.
Get dressed and make a night of it. Stunning setting with fab food