The Haven Bali(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$70
$52
Hotels.com
$153
$138
$1,143
$308
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $347/night.

Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$431
$256
$499
$455
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$322
$95
Priceline
Savings alert! 51% below average rates

The price you found is 51% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

$315
$270
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $305/night.

$235
Cancelon
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
$704
$543
$660
$556
Agoda.com
All reviewspotato headsarong restaurantoutdoor bathroomspacious roomwithin walking distancebath and showerincluded breakfastlarge fridgemin walkfabulous hotelclean hotelground floorprivate pool villaspent nightsmini barbudget hotelwater pressure
Reviewed September 4, 2010

We have stayed at the Ayu on numerous occassions as a family. Look as I said this hotel is not perfect but it is clean and meets the basic neccesities. There are various room choices and we have stayed in a standard room which are up the front of the hotel and are like standard hotel rooms. There are superior villa type rooms there is upstairs and downstairs so its good if you are with a family or 2 couples etc. There is a gated entry and a little garden and balcony a kichnette outdoor shower and bathroom big four poster bed there is also enough room for 2 single beds to be added as we did for the 2 kids. Look the rooms are not out of this world are quite basic but are clean and surfice. They are cleaned daily. They are slowly renovating these rooms and I have seen them once complete and they are really nice. We have also stayed in the Private villas with their own swimming pool these are fantastic a really lovely setting. This time we went mum and dad stayed upstairs had an outdoor bathroom and balcony then you come down to a shared kitchentte and dining area where the beautiful pool is and there is a bedroom downstairs with another lovely outdoor bathroom. If you want to spend a little more and are with a group of 4 these are perfect. There is also a 3 bedroom villa. The hotel is small and cosy with nice surroundings. The breakfast is really average but edible if its not to your standards turn right and go to Enys Warung for fruit salad and banana pancakes to die for as well as fresh fruit juice for about $3 AUD and the downstairs resturant is very nice. The room service is average and is cheap as chips as is the bar by the pool. The pool is never over crowded but yes the pool towels are limited and quite often damp and musty we just bought our own and got them laundred. There is a cheap laundry if you turn right about 50m down the road. Enys Warung which is also to the right is really cheap and lovely if you have any requests ask her in the morning and she will get it for you at the market and cook it for you for dinner. She sells cheap lovely fruit and make the best banana pancakes you can also do indonesian cooking classes with her and her husband they will honsetly bend over backwards for you and it is so cheap. There is also a good little dvd shop to the right also and right next door a little convienient store where you can stock up on drinks for the bar fridge and treats they also hire scooters there. There is a free shuttle into Kuta twice daily and it is about $3 AUD to get back in a cab. Its about 15 mins walk from the beach but a lovely walk as there are no hawkers to bother you you can walk for ages without being hassled. A few times I actually walked to Kuta but it took me a good hour and a half but was a nice walk . There a loads of lovely resturants nearby aswell as day spas although the day spa at the hotel is lovely and is super cheap. Look if you are looking for a cheap quite clean hotel with no frills out of the hustle of Kuta then this is the place for you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding this hotel. I will be more than happy to help.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank bellsbella
Reviewed September 3, 2010

First time stayed at the Bali Ayu and we will go again. Staff very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a Delux room with a nice balcony. Bathroom was clean, The pool was warm and lovely with a bar just at the end (outside the pool). There are a couple of guys who will take you on a day trip (car plus driver) and we went out for the day to the volcaneo. Met plenty of other people from Aussie in the pool area and bar, so have great contacts now. The hotel in just outside Seminyak, but there is a hotel minibus that runs every morning at 10.45 am and they will take you anywhere. My hubby loved the location and there is a splendid restaurant five minutes away (Benetos), turn right out of the hotel driveway and quick walk. Dinner was approx $5.00 and excellent and the owner puts on a free show every Friday.

Kath Williams from Western Australia

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Guys I stayed here last week, my first trip to Bali so I had nothing to compare it to. Place was clean, bathroom not amazing but you don't sleep in there! The king size bed was awesome. I had a mani (80,000R), pedi ($80,oooR), foot massage and full body massage with scrub and bath ($114,000R) - cheap as chips. I must say the breakfast was a bit dodge but who expects Balinese to cook Aussie breakie (in a nice way) went over the road and had breakie for about 20,000R. A cab to Seminyak Square was 5,000R (80cents or so). Went for a great long walk to Kerokeban and round the villages each morning. Couple of great resturants with in walking distance. On the first corner heading left Mee Goreng and Bintang was 45,000R ($6). Pool and service was great. The bar fridge was even cheap 20,000R for a Bintang.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vix0
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Stayed at Bali Ayu with my family (wife and two teenage children) for 10 days in September, 2009.
Our trip was organized at the last minute so accommodation was arranged through our local travel agent.
Since September last year, my wife and I have stayed in other "stylish establishments" in Melbourne and Sydney and it has started to dawn on us how pleasant and relaxed our stay at Bali Ayu Villas actually was.
Like the previous reviewer, we stayed in a two bedroom pool villa (with our children downstairs and my wife and I upstairs). Each bedroom had its own outdoor bathroom/toilet which we actually enjoyed, in a tropical climate.
I can understand that some people might want more privacy, etc. but we found it quite pleasant listening to the sound of the cowbell jangling as the neighbourhood cow grazed next door. (OK, the rooster crowing in the morning could sometimes be a bit painful, especially after a big night.....).
The rooms were clean and roomy, the pool was fantastic.
Room service was reasonably priced (teenage kids love the whole "chillin' by the pool" and ordering room service) chips, burgers and milkshakes....fortunately this habit didn't break the bank.
The restaurant and bar at Bali Ayu may be unspectacular but the staff were lovely, helpful and the meals and drinks were reasonably priced.
Also, my wife and I were robbed in the street in Kuta one night and the staff at the hotel were very concerned and helpful, even giving us a ride down to the Tourist Police office on the back of their motorbikes.
The "kitchen area" was a bit of a non-event (fridge, sink, micro wave) but my wife and I always looked forward to getting home at the end of every night and having a nightcap by the pool.
All in all, we all enjoyed our stay at Bali Ayu and would have no hesitation recommending it to people wanting a pleasant, clean, good value accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BigOpe
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Staff were friendly, as Balinese generally are. The room was spacious but the pantry stank of animal rot and the bathroom was filthy. I was there for two nights and had the quickest showers. There was a huge cockroach in the sink which really freaked me out. I had to extend my stay but checked out and chose to stay with a friend instead. I was being cheap by choosing Bali Ayu. For US$40 a night, I guess this was to be expected.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo