Bali Ayu Hotel
The Haven Bali(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$53
$44
Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort(Seminyak)
$281
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
$633
$438
Agoda.com
Pelangi Bali Hotel(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$85
$74
  • Pool
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$233
$191
$457
$429
Travelocity
The Kunja Villas & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$236
$225
Travelocity
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$626
$219
Agoda.com
The One Boutique Villa(Seminyak)
$593
Hotel Website
All reviewspotato headsarong restaurantoutdoor bathroomgarden villapool barbath and showerseminyak squarewithin walking distancebig roomclean hotelincluded breakfastmin walkbathroom doorprivate poolbudget hotelwater pressurebeach club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Guys I stayed here last week, my first trip to Bali so I had nothing to compare it to. Place was clean, bathroom not amazing but you don't sleep in there! The king size bed was awesome. I had a mani (80,000R), pedi ($80,oooR), foot massage and full body massage with scrub and bath ($114,000R) - cheap as chips. I must say the breakfast was a bit dodge but who expects Balinese to cook Aussie breakie (in a nice way) went over the road and had breakie for about 20,000R. A cab to Seminyak Square was 5,000R (80cents or so). Went for a great long walk to Kerokeban and round the villages each morning. Couple of great resturants with in walking distance. On the first corner heading left Mee Goreng and Bintang was 45,000R ($6). Pool and service was great. The bar fridge was even cheap 20,000R for a Bintang.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vix0
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Stayed at Bali Ayu with my family (wife and two teenage children) for 10 days in September, 2009.
Our trip was organized at the last minute so accommodation was arranged through our local travel agent.
Since September last year, my wife and I have stayed in other "stylish establishments" in Melbourne and Sydney and it has started to dawn on us how pleasant and relaxed our stay at Bali Ayu Villas actually was.
Like the previous reviewer, we stayed in a two bedroom pool villa (with our children downstairs and my wife and I upstairs). Each bedroom had its own outdoor bathroom/toilet which we actually enjoyed, in a tropical climate.
I can understand that some people might want more privacy, etc. but we found it quite pleasant listening to the sound of the cowbell jangling as the neighbourhood cow grazed next door. (OK, the rooster crowing in the morning could sometimes be a bit painful, especially after a big night.....).
The rooms were clean and roomy, the pool was fantastic.
Room service was reasonably priced (teenage kids love the whole "chillin' by the pool" and ordering room service) chips, burgers and milkshakes....fortunately this habit didn't break the bank.
The restaurant and bar at Bali Ayu may be unspectacular but the staff were lovely, helpful and the meals and drinks were reasonably priced.
Also, my wife and I were robbed in the street in Kuta one night and the staff at the hotel were very concerned and helpful, even giving us a ride down to the Tourist Police office on the back of their motorbikes.
The "kitchen area" was a bit of a non-event (fridge, sink, micro wave) but my wife and I always looked forward to getting home at the end of every night and having a nightcap by the pool.
All in all, we all enjoyed our stay at Bali Ayu and would have no hesitation recommending it to people wanting a pleasant, clean, good value accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BigOpe
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Staff were friendly, as Balinese generally are. The room was spacious but the pantry stank of animal rot and the bathroom was filthy. I was there for two nights and had the quickest showers. There was a huge cockroach in the sink which really freaked me out. I had to extend my stay but checked out and chose to stay with a friend instead. I was being cheap by choosing Bali Ayu. For US$40 a night, I guess this was to be expected.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank MichelleSin
Reviewed January 6, 2010

We spent a week at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly, the pool was fantastic, as was the spa! We only had a standard room which was nice and got cleaned every day. It was a wee bit out from Seminyak square but for around NZ$1 - 1.50, you could get a taxi. There were some really good restaurants only 5-10 mins walk from the hotel in either direction. Food and drinks were quite cheap within the hotel also. We definatley think this hotel is worth the money you pay. You make the most of the peace and quiet while staying there and after going to places like Kuta, you appreciate it!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank carls87
Reviewed November 25, 2009

We booked through our TA for 3 nights as part of our holiday. One of our party was staying for a month and she was delighted with her upstairs room overlooking the pool and settled in very well to her new home. I called in a week prior to our stay to check that the other 4 rooms were together and check them out. 'No problem' I was told and shown the rooms. Well, when we arrived only two of the rooms were as previously advised and the other two were further up the path. After a lot of discussion we were moved closer for one night and then moved again for the other two nights. However, that said, the rooms were lovely and very clean. Each room is through a little door off the path and has an upstairs room and downstairs room (rented separately). Some of the rooms have outside kitchen areas on the deck. The pool is lovely and we spent quite a bit of time there. Walking distance to Hu'u Bar and the Living Room....bit pricey though! Breakfast was basic and taken at the upstairs restaurant in the front of the Hotel. Beach about 15 mins away. If you walk out of the front of the hotel and turn right, about 50m along is a Warung called 'Warung Eny'. This place is a 'must do'. We ate there all the time. The Balinese food is to die for and Eny and her husband also give cooking classes. Nasi Campur was the best ever for 20000 Rp. They sell fresh produce out the front. After we had moved out of Bali Ayu we came back on several occasions for her lovely food. You can even have a bungkus (takeaway). All in all we enjoyed our stay at Bali Ayu and used the spa at the hotel everyday. Best cream bath ever!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family