I travel to Bali every few months and my occupation involves staying in hotels at least 10 nights a month. My sister and father joined me for this work trip so I needed a one bedroom villa. After searching the internet we decided to stay at Downtown Villas. After booking it I read tripadvisor comments and started to really worry that we chose the wrong hotel. On arrival we were really pleased to see that trip advisor was not accurate at all... here is our summary :
Good Points :
1.The location is AMAZING ... so close to the main rd and yet NO noise AT ALL... not only that but the rooms have a full kitchen so if you are travelling with children/infants you are able to cook if need be.... AND up the road about 2 mins is a major supermarket selling everything from fresh produce to baby formular !
2. The one bedroom villa is small if you have 3 adults ... however very managable. It would however suit 2 adults and a child/infant or just 2 adultson a romantic getaway. The room was very clean and is serviced twice daily ! You have your own pool that was also clean ... very very private too ... big wooden walls so that you feel like you are the only ones there in your little Oasis. I also went and had a look at the 2 bedroom apartment . If you can afford this upgrade I highly reccomend it as it is HUGE ... and would comfortably hold 2 couples as there is so much space .
3. The Breakfast included is extremly generous ... you choose what you would like and time and it is cooked then delivered to your door with very friendly service.
4. The staff are very very very helpful and friendly ... they were very welcoming and caring towards us during our stay . Including 24 hour security staff which really helps you feel safe at night, wonderful reception staff and wait staff.
the only negative I would say is that it is not 4 star Australian standards ... maybe a high 3 star ...so perhaps a little expensive but then when you consider the enormous breakfast and the privacy it kind of evens it up. If you shop around the internet deals offer good rates for this hotel.
2. Not right on a beach if this is what you are after.
So all up I say stay here ... whatever problems they may have had in the past certainly do not exist now ... we really enjoyed our stay and considering how worried I was before I arrived at the hotel I was just sooooooo pleased that this gorgeous little boutique villa turned out to be so lovely.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Downtown Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Downtown Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Downtown Villas Bali/Seminyak