“I love everything about the Puri Cendana”
Review of Hotel Puri Cendana

Hotel Puri Cendana
Ranked #84 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My son and I had the great pleasure of staying at the Puri Cendana 3 times over our 3 week holiday in Bali . I had friends recommend it and after much research over many weeks I am so happy I chose to stay here . The Puri Cendana opened in 1990 making it all the more unique by offering its guest a traditional Balinese experience that I'm afraid to say is becoming a thing of the past ..I found the office staff very accommodating , helpfull , efficient and friendly . I enjoyed being able to walk out the gates to be greeted by one of the very friendly Puri Cendana drivers who give a very fair price and have a great knowledge of the area and surrounds . We stayed in two rooms #11 large room with twin bed , great big bathroom and super clean , also #9 same large twin bed room with beautiful wall to floor glassed in bathroom that's very private with a walled in garden . Very affordable rates . I booked direct online and found all communications to be very prompt and easy to deal with . I have been paying $65aus p/night , very affordable . The pool area is magic set in a tropical garden paradise with crystal clear water . The garden maintenance crew are truly gifted as you can see throughout the grounds. The Puri Cendana Restaurant is outstanding ! And very consistent . A mix of Indonesian, Asian and Western ,Chefs suggestions,from the grill and fish....one of the stand out dishes for us was the BBQ Pork Spare Ribs ! Even if you don't stay at the resort you must keep this on your eat out list . The staff in the Restaurant are attentive and knowalagable and like all staff at the resort super friendly and happy to be there . The security team showed themselves to be very professional at all times . What I love most about this resort ? Is that it has Soul And it has
character .

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank TonyaFlanagan

Reviewed March 22, 2014

One thing for sure, this place has nice garden and indeed a great location. The best part however are the people in the restaurant. We meet 4 ( Ina, dewi, yoga, martini ) of them and they were always very friendly/gracious to us.
Our room was quiet big and we have an extra mattress on the floor. We were comfortably accommodated. Maybe next, an extra bed would be a better idea. Only, it is quiet expensive i have to say to get the extra mattress for 200 thousand ruphiah i find.
When back in bali, we would surely stay there again. Near the beach and also the gay bars but in a very quiet location.
Lastly, I would highly suggest that it might be a good idea to make strengthened the screws of the bed and make them tighter.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank wimmo
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stumbled into the restaurant for a bite to eat, there's a delightful enclosed swimming pool with a mini waterfall. I had a dip whilst I was waiting for my food to come. Very reasonably priced and lovely service. Glad I didn't jump in the taxi after I left the beach (2 mins walking distance away). Wish you guys all the best.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Well, I stayed at this hotel for one night and wouldn't stay longer in any case. The whole complex looks and feels very old which can be nice if well maintained. Rooms are large but dark and decorated in a poor taste. My bathroom which was on the ground floor had two walls of windows with a few plants behind them that were supposed to give the feeling of a privacy, I guess. There were cigarette ashes all over the bathroom floor. Food was OK, location great and stuff friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Would echo all other reviews re old style Bali, great location etc. We stayed in a superior star ground floor. Huge room with outdoor style bathroom, glassed in. I loved the old style pool even tho many people say it needs tiling. Not a lot a room around the pool and so not many lounges or umbrellas which u really need with that hot sun. Grounds were lovely and well tended. Was a bit worried by Reception space when we checked in as pretty run down and unattractive so bit of relief when saw room and rest of resort were fine. Especially at those prices. Agree with the limited breakfast choice - would be nice to have an alternative and fresh fruit or juice seems a bit mean when fruit is so commonly offered thru out as part of meals in Asia. We had a power blackout in our room during a storm nice night. Maintenance staff quick to respond & about 45mins later had power but no air con (it being the problem). Quickly offered alternate room for sleeping which we accepted. Next day we could move to next door room if we wanted. As air con fixed by 1pm no need. Issue so well handled by staff. Not sure how much longer this resort will be here given proximity to beach and the increasing move to high rise boxes.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela W
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

1. Sleeping. Big king bed with new firm mattress and mosquito net. Nice and quiet. Rooms are big all timber construction. Nice big clean bathroom.
2. Atmosphere. Beautiful gardens with big trees. Peaceful and quiet. If you are lucky the squirrels will come and visit. Great little pool area.
3. Location. 200m to restaurant strip & 200m to beach. Unfortunately the beach was covered with rubbish due to onshore winds in january but this is an indonesia problem, not hotel problem. Although we came to bali also for the beach so this is all hotels problem if people stop coming due to dirty beaches.
4. Staff. Helpful and friendly.
5. Food. Basic small cafe attached. Good for basic snacks and poolside munchies & beer. Included breakfast is fine but they could offer more choices. They include an american breakfast of bacon and eggs but you cant swap say for pancakes even though they are cheaper on the menu?! No big issue.
6. Summary. Good value old style bali hotel in good position. It is not a new modern concrete hotel like so many they are now building now. For us this is the real beauty of puri cendana.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WayneTrain72
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed here in January 2014. It is in a really great location, close to shops and beach, nice pool, had lunch a few times in restaurant and the food is great and they serve a nice latte! I loved the Balinese style of the hotel and the furnishings and all the rooms have lovely garden views and nice verandah out from to sit. But... the beds, sheets & towels! They really should be upgraded as the beds were really lumpy and could feel the springs! The sheets and towels were really grey. What a shame... Would love to stay here again but only if they upgrade the beds etc. Stayed in a ground floor room with twin beds.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends