“Good Value, Old Style with atmosphere and charm”
Review of Hotel Puri Cendana

Hotel Puri Cendana
Ranked #87 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Puri Cendana was recommended by a friend. First time we have stayed at this property and we will stay there again. I made my initial inquiry by email and received a very prompt reply. My booking was confirmed via email and my credit card sent to confirm the booking but there was no charge to my credit card until we checked out.
This property is my style, a traditional old small Bali hotel with happy, friendly, smiling staff that could not do enough for you. Yes it is old, yes it is in a traditional style - not modern, concrete, steel and glass. I want Bali not the Gold Coast. I don’t go to Bali to stay in modern hotels. I want small, friendly, clean.
Beautiful, tropical well maintained and manicured gardens and lawns, small but nice clean pool and the restaurant serves excellent food. The pool side massage was very good and reasonably priced. The Bintang was cold but they did run out of small Bintang a couple of times.
Terima kasih to all the Staff at Puri Cendana – see you in February 2013……

Room Tip: Do not go for the Duplex Rooms if you do not want to climb stairs
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Trish4040

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I recommend this hotel that is located in the heart of Semynak, walking distances from the main shopping area, beach restaurant. The hotel needs some maintenance, but the staff is very nice. The breakfast is good. The garden very nice. Better the rooms in the upper floor.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Norwayman1950
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed here for four nights so we could attend a wedding. Although I probably wouldn't stay in Seminyak again, this hotel was like a little oasis amongst the building works. The pool is lovely, the massage ladies are amazing and the breakfast is delicious.
The room was somewhat interesting being two storey with the bedroom but some quite rickerty stairs but the four poster bed was lovely. I had an invasion of bees one morning in the bathroom and I was quickly moved and upgraded even though it was really early.
Its older but it has character and I would recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Well located very near the beach but without beach front prices. An older style hotel, which means the rooms are somewhat dark, but we were only in it to sleep. Only local TV but who watches on holiday? WiFi in the restaurant and around the pool, and we were able to get it on our terrace too, although service was a bit patchy. Very clean and well maintained. Loved the compact size of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. The pool was great - we had breakfast beside it every morning. highly recommended, especially if you don't like huge hotels with hundreds of rooms.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at puri cendana for 5 nights last week (July '12) in their highest standard room. The only difference between this room & the standard below it was cable tv & DVD player. Only 2 room types out of the 4 have this. The duplex rooms are on the second level & are 2 story with bathroom & living down stairs (& large balcony) & the bedroom upstairs. The rooms are very large. The bedroom is accessed by a steep staircase & staircase & bedroom floor creak when you walk which feels a little unsafe. The aircon is not very powerful, so lucky for us the nights were cool. I don't think I could stay in this room during high humidity season. The rooms are older style & slightly dusty.. Sheets grey not white. All of this said however, the hotel is in a great location, the pool is nice with lots of sun & the poolside massages were amazing for 85,000 rupiah for 1 hour (thank-you Sri!). The hotel guests were also lovely & nice to see no bintang singlet wearing & bintang drinking yobos.
If you spend a lot of time in your room & like nice resorts, this is not for you. If you spend the days enjoying bali & it's beaches & need a quaint place to stay that is relatively clean, a reasonable price for the great location & like traditional style hotels, the puri cendana is a good choice. Next time, I would book one of the lower standard of rooms with cable tv & DVD to get the same value for money at approximately $20 cheaper a night.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank NabLady
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This hotel is well located verynear seminyak beach, an easy walk to many restaurants along the beach and main streets. Rooms with king size bed, fridge, tv, but only local channels, small safe good bathroom with bath/shower over bath. Breakfast and tax inc in price. Now peak time.
We are paying 685.000rp during july. Staff friendly, nice restaurant along sidewalk in the front, rooms at back. Great massage on site, properly trained girls.

Room Tip: Our room was downstairs no.7
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chardsey
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed one night on the superior package, and it was awesome. Very simply, there wasn't anything to fault, except that the wi-fi did not work in our room, requiring us to hang out in the hotel's restaurant to get working Internet access. The restaurant served pretty good food as well, by the way.

The standard was of a very high quality, and quite close to the beach. There are pet dogs wandering around the hotel grounds, and it's best not to try to pet them, as some seem a bit skittery, as I've discovered to my detriment.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple